how much are you trying to lose?

Options

Replies

• chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I'd like to shed 2.5-3" off my waist and drop 3-5% body fat. I'll probably end up dropping 5-10 lbs to do that, but that number is less important.
  • leaj1984
    leaj1984 Posts: 23 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am at 132 now and wanting to get down to 114-115. My normal, usual weight is typically around 126-128. I gained weight in the last year. Happy to be anyone's Fit / Healthy lifestyle Buddy during our journeys <3
  • rachelpauline93
    rachelpauline93 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 10-15 pounds right now :)
  • fabulousmo
    fabulousmo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5'5" have recently gone from 160 - 145. My scale says 19% body fat, but I am not so stupid as to believe it. I'm more interested in toning/building muscle than a number on the scale *at this point*.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and, as of this morning, 170.9. I would love to be a strong, toned 160 or less, but I'd be happy with 160-162. dqq69cumkasa.jpg

I want THIS, but, y'know...with arms. Just as chiseled, though. ;)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    MlleKelly wrote: »
    I'm 5'7" and, as of this morning, 170.9. I would love to be a strong, toned 160 or less, but I'd be happy with 160-162. dqq69cumkasa.jpg

I want THIS, but, y'know...with arms. Just as chiseled, though. ;)

I've seen her in person. Quite stunning.
  • Megan7146
    Megan7146 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose that last 1.8 kg! Seems impossible !!!!!!
  • wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose about 20 pounds.
  • IamEleni
    IamEleni Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose about 6-8 kilos (13-17 pounds) and in general have a nice lean body.
  • EmPersson
    EmPersson Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Goal was 10-12lbs. I'm also on the low end of my BMI so not much to lose. I've lost about 6lbs so far and actually pretty happy. I'd be OK with this current weight and continuing to recomp. I'd still like for my thighs to shrink, but that may never happen. Even at my lowest normal weight I still had big thighs. When I gain fat, it goes to the thighs. When I gain muscle, I gain BIG muscle. LOL Basically going off of looks/feel right now and not so much scale/inches.

Have you tried doing yoga, or stretching exercises? They help to elongate the muscles and help give a leaner look, rather than the bulk of muscle that regular workouts can bring.
  • nantiaf1986
    nantiaf1986 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting at 71,8 kg a week ago, now I'm at 69,9 and my goal is 60-62 kg. Almost 10 kg until target weight... Of course I would like to have lean and fit body, I' m doing exercises cardio an strength adout 3-4 times a week. I have done it before, 62 kg, but never maintain this ideal weight.... :-(
  • shaybee377
    shaybee377 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm about 115 right now (5'2"), looking to lose maybe 6 or 7 more pounds. I'm completely happy with my upper body, but my lower body is still a mess. My legs are (at least) an entire pants size larger than what will fit my waist, so hopefully these last few pounds will come off of that area :D
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs, 4-6lbs left to go. Which seems to be taking me longer to lose than the first lot :rage:

I feel your pain! I am trying to lose my last 5-6 pounds and it seems to be taking FOREVER...

Same here. I've got 8 pounds to go. And it's pretty stubborn.
  • lambie14
    lambie14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Goal is now 15lbs. I've rapidly gained 5lbs in the past 3 weeks. Not sure how as I've been exercising for an hour a day, but looks like lots of hard work ahead for me...
  • lambie14
    lambie14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ooops! Forgot to say that's going from 140lbs to 130-125lbs. :) I'm just a smidgen under 5'7".
  • WicklowWanderer
    WicklowWanderer Posts: 247 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    August 2015 I was 180, got to 153 by December but have been bouncing between 152 and 156 since January. It's driving me nuts. My goal weight is 135-140 depending on how I look/feel if I ever get near it. I'm 40 and also a smidgen under 5' 7".
  • maura124
    maura124 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 130 which is a few pounds over the norm for me. Ideally I would love to be 122. I'm 5'5". I just joined today. I exercise a decent amount - Pure Barre and walking. I look the same as when I was 5 lbs lighter but I'm upset over the few lbs and want to nip it in the bud.
  • sallen826
    sallen826 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 15 lbs to get back to where I was last summer. Gained quite a bit over the holidays and from starting a desk job full time.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Currently ~147 pounds, 5'3", and just joined the site this week.
    -- First goal is to just get down to just under 140, so I can be back in the Average BMI range for my height.
    -- Next my goal is 120 to be near my old normal again (looking at October-ish if I can lose 5# / month).
    -- Then, I might push myself to get back down to sub-110 to be more competitive with my fellow paddleboarding racers who are around 100 # soaking wet, but are in incredible shape!!
  • Move4Abs
    Move4Abs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    samgamgee wrote: »
    I've gone from 160 with a 33 inch waist to 130 with a 28.5 inch waist, and would like to get down to 120 with a 27 inch waist. After that, I might lose up to 10 lbs more depending on how I look and feel...

That's pretty much where I am and headed toward 145. How long did it take you to get to 130 and what was your plan?