Options

Replies

• memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    EmilyM8705 wrote: »
    memery7 wrote: »
    EmilyM8705 wrote: »
    Weekly nutritional challenge: One of the best super foods that you can eat are greens. Lots of nutrients. For the week, try and add at least one green to each meal. My go to greens are always fresh leaf spinach and roasted or grilled Brussel sprouts.

Weekly fitness challenge: making time to get up and stay active is important. I am stuck at a desk most of the day, but breaks to get up, stretch and move are important. Twice a day, choose 2 items from the list below and do them during a quick stretching break.
    - 15 jumping jacks
    - 2 minute walk/jog in place
    - 15 sit ups
    - 15 squats
    - 10 mountain climbers
    - 10 push ups
    - 10 lunges
    - 10-15 reps of your favorite move.

Do meals include snacks for the nutrition challenge? If so, I can do 2 meals a day for the nutrition challenge.
    Can you pick two different move everyday for the fitness challenge?

Sure I count snacks as meals too.

On the fitness challenge, feel free to mix it up. I like to do different ones depending on what my goal areas are for the day.

Thank you
    I'm in a challenge with some girls at work and just want to keep everything straight.
  • memery7
    Options
    Found a new snack tonight. Fresh, raw,cold green beans.
  • jennjenn5555
    jennjenn5555 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

I thought I was the only one who ate them like that! They're yummy aren't they?!
  • memery7
    Options

I thought I was the only one who ate them like that! They're yummy aren't they?!

They are yummy and they keep me from grazing at work.
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    Just to see my progress, I decided to run 3.1 miles outside. I made it through but that first mile was the hardest ever :) Once I got past that, I was ok. I finished in 49 minutes. I will work on decreasing that time before my actual 5K run.

I ran 3.1 miles again yesterday and finished in 47 minutes. Yay me!! I shaved off 2 minutes :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,889 Member
    Options
    Just to see my progress, I decided to run 3.1 miles outside. I made it through but that first mile was the hardest ever :) Once I got past that, I was ok. I finished in 49 minutes. I will work on decreasing that time before my actual 5K run.

I ran 3.1 miles again yesterday and finished in 47 minutes. Yay me!! I shaved off 2 minutes :)

Outstanding, yay!!!!!!!
  • jennjenn5555
    edited April 2016
    Options

Congratulations!! Great work sweeteebri!!!!!!! :):):smile:
  • jennjenn5555
    Options

They are yummy and they keep me from grazing at work.

Congratulations!! That's pwonderful!!!

• GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I'm so excited for this new challenge to start! I need to refocus my fitness plan to continue my journey on MFP. My husband is in full retirement now! I love him to dead but now I can't plan anything so that hurts my workouts, :)

So for this next challenge my goals are:
    1. Get an EARLY workout in~~~~
    2. Limit going out to eat NO MORE than 3 days a week~~~~
    3. Plan each Sunday to attend one exercise class for the current week~~~~
    4. At least 5 days get an evening walk in~~~~~

Today's goals
    1. Meet my calorie goal
    2. Get an morning run in
    3. Meet protein goal
    4. NOOOO late night snacking
  • HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not losing much weight lately. Went to Drs today he doing a bunch of lab to make sure it's not my thyroid or other vitamin/mineral deficiency.
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    ANNOUNCEMENT:

For those of you continuing with the Biggest Loser Challenge for May you can now join the Challenge Group by clicking here: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113559-biggest-loser-challenge-may-2016

Teams are being built and it looks like we have some new faces for May!! If you have registered then you will see your name placed on a team. Be sure to join the actual MFP group so that you are kept up to date.

I have also created a thread for each team so please feel free to pop in to your new team's thread to introduce yourself. You'll find people that may be on your existing team along with members from other teams or completely new faces to the challenge.

Have fun and as I look forward to another successful month!!

Serendipity <3
  • zydeco69
    zydeco69 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Big Butt Theory! I believe I am responsible for the challenges this week. This is what I have come up with to try to challenge you into doing different things. Good Luck and have a great week. :)

Fitness Challenge: The weather is getting nicer here in Northeast PA. Being physically active is not only beneficial for maintaining a healthy weight but may also decrease the chance of colds and flu. When you are exercising outside, you increase your vitamin D levels (made by your body when exposed to the sun) which may be linked to less risk for colds. Exercising moves antibodies & white blood cells through the body more quickly and flushes bacteria out of the lungs. Get outside and get moving! Aim for exercising outside three times this week.

Nutrition Challenge:

Fruity Friday: Your breakfast and lunch should consist of a serving of fruit. If they already do, make it 7-8 servings of fruit for the entire day.

Savory Saturday & Sunday: Treat yourself ONE time on the weekend!

Meatless Monday: Go the whole day without eating any meat. Make sure you check your labels.

Tiny Tuesday: On this day, eat the correct portion sizes, if not a bit smaller. (You should do this everyday, but especially on this day.)

Weightless Wednesday: Weigh yourself, today. It's the middle of the week, and you should base the rest of the week on how you do on this day.

Thirsty Thursday: Drink 8+ glasses of water today. ONLY water. No diet soda, teas, coffee, or anything of the sort.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    zydeco69 wrote: »
    Hello Team Big Butt Theory! I believe I am responsible for the challenges this week. This is what I have come up with to try to challenge you into doing different things. Good Luck and have a great week. :)

Fitness Challenge: The weather is getting nicer here in Northeast PA. Being physically active is not only beneficial for maintaining a healthy weight but may also decrease the chance of colds and flu. When you are exercising outside, you increase your vitamin D levels (made by your body when exposed to the sun) which may be linked to less risk for colds. Exercising moves antibodies & white blood cells through the body more quickly and flushes bacteria out of the lungs. Get outside and get moving! Aim for exercising outside three times this week.

Nutrition Challenge:

Fruity Friday: Your breakfast and lunch should consist of a serving of fruit. If they already do, make it 7-8 servings of fruit for the entire day.

Meatless Monday: Go the whole day without eating any meat. Make sure you check your labels.

Tiny Tuesday: On this day, eat the correct portion sizes, if not a bit smaller. (You should do this everyday, but especially on this day.)

Weightless Wednesday: Weigh yourself, today. It's the middle of the week, and you should base the rest of the week on how you do on this day.

Thirsty Thursday: Drink 8+ glasses of water today. ONLY water. No diet soda, teas, coffee, or anything of the sort.

Love both challenges! I've been trying t get outside more, :)
  • SweeteeBri
    Options

Nutrition Challenge:

Love these!! I've been going outside lately running. I'm all in!! Fantastic nutrition challenge. Very creative.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Morning everyone,
    Nutrition:
    Friday: Your breakfast and lunch should consist of a serving of fruit. If they already do, make it 7-8 servings of fruit/veggie for the entire day. (Apple, orange, grapefruit, peaches, potato, onion, cabbage, banana)
    Fitness:
    Evening walk

Happy Friday everyone, let's start the weekend right! My plan is to start my morning at the gym with a nice workout. Plus coming back to get some spring cleaning done!!!!!
  • memery7
    Options

Nutrition Challenge:

I love these challenges. I got off work too late to go to the store and missed my fruit for breakfast today and lunch. I ended up having 2 fat free fig newtons here at work for lunch. Not starting off very well for the week. I will have to let it roll off and start over.
    I am hoping that it doesn't rain any more today. That will let me go take a 2 mile fast paced walk.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I was also hoping for a nice day for an evening walk. It started off nice but FOR the last couple of hours rain, :'( . So this evenings workout will have to be at the gym, :'(
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    My first official 5K run is tomorrow so I'm won't do cardio of any kind today because I've been hitting it hard all week but I do plan to do a little strength training. I did get all my fruit in today though:)
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I was called into work earlier today and had to return home due to not feeling well. I just got home and I'm going to go have a sleep in hopes it does me well.

In the event I don't get the weekly stats posted later this evening I will do it tomorrow morning. In the meantime, if you go into the spreadsheet you will at least see the winning teams.

Sorry :neutral:
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I went for a walk both on Thursday and today. I wound up getting red shoulders today.