Seasonal yearning?

lithezebra
lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
It's definitely spring in California, at 1200 feet, and I'm not hungry, not even thinking about food. I can't believe it's lunchtime. Does anyone find that the weather or the season affects how you feel about eating?

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    lithezebra wrote: »
    It's definitely spring in California, at 1200 feet, and I'm not hungry, not even thinking about food. I can't believe it's lunchtime. Does anyone find that the weather or the season affects how you feel about eating?

Sorry, just refound this.
    Yes.
    During the winter, I want to eat like a bear preparing for hibernation it seems like.
    When days start getting longer and it gets warmer, I want to walk for hours or hike. The increased activity often kills my appetite. In winter I'm dying to eat while making the evening meal. In spring or summer, I'm decidedly "meh" about it.
  • lithezebra
    edited March 2016
    baconslave wrote: »

Yes.
    During the winter, I want to eat like a bear preparing for hibernation it seems like.
    When days start getting longer and it gets warmer, I want to walk for hours or hike. The increased activity often kills my appetite. In winter I'm dying to eat while making the evening meal. In spring or summer, I'm decidedly "meh" about it.

Maybe your brown fat, the kind of fat that burns calories and generates heat, gets going in the winter!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    baconslave wrote: »

Yes.

Maybe your brown fat, the kind of fat that burns calories and generates heat, gets going in the winter!

Probably. I am freezing all the time when it's cooler. LOL! Sometimes I wonder if I'm part reptile.
  • lithezebra
    I'm sure I'm part reptile. I need hot showers in the morning to get moving.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    I'm wanting asparagus and salad greens. We used to eat dandelion greens in the spring.
  • lithezebra
    Jan93L wrote: »
    I'm wanting asparagus and salad greens. We used to eat dandelion greens in the spring.

I crave green things more in the spring too, even dandelion greens, in moderation.