2. Daily Activity Accountability

Options

Replies

• BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    It was a gentler day for me. I didn't take too well to the heat, so had to wait until it was fairly late to go for a stroll. I ran around the house at 11pm just to get to 5000 steps!
  • Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Rest day, but still got 11,000+ steps in.
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Still sick and not moving. Coughing does not count as cardio no matter how much I wish it did
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Managed to get my 30 minutes of cycling in last night right before another crazy downpour of rain. One thing I noticed is that my route is taking less time. I must be building endurance. Might need to make my route longer or change it to incorporate some bigger hills now.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Mad_Medusa wrote: »
    Still sick and not moving. Coughing does not count as cardio no matter how much I wish it did

Hope you feel better soon
    mrron2u wrote: »
    Managed to get my 30 minutes of cycling in last night right before another crazy downpour of rain. One thing I noticed is that my route is taking less time. I must be building endurance. Might need to make my route longer or change it to incorporate some bigger hills now.

Well done
    Pepperh3ad wrote: »
    Rest day, but still got 11,000+ steps in.

That sounds very energetic for a rest day.

I also do not like the heat, I have an old fashioned fabric fold out hand fan that I keep getting out my bag to fan myself with. Clocked in 4 miles walking today
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Brisk walk. Two miles in about 40 min. I'm trying to work up my speed and incorporate jogging at some point. Right now I'm just happy my cough settled down enough for a walk.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Over 8 miles walked today. Loving my comfy shoes :)
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    2 miles walking thursday, 7 miles so far today.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    I went out and did weekly shop clocking in another 3 miles giving me a total of 10 miles today. I am fairly confident I have never walked that much in one day before in my whole life. Best part is nothing is painful as a result other than standard knee niggles which i think are permanent. If only I had discovered comfortable footwear solutions and hiking stick 25 years ago. Still better late than never :)
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I went out and did weekly shop clocking in another 3 miles giving me a total of 10 miles today. I am fairly confident I have never walked that much in one day before in my whole life. Best part is nothing is painful as a result other than standard knee niggles which i think are permanent. If only I had discovered comfortable footwear solutions and hiking stick 25 years ago. Still better late than never :)

That is fan-friggin'-tastic!! You SERIOUSLY rock!! :D
  • BigChangeNeeded
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I am thoroughly pooped. I went out for a walk with a friend from work (who's fit, and the perfect weight for her height). We had planned a 6 mile walk. We got a bit lost, and ended up walking just about 14 miles. I feel physically ok, but my feet hate me right now. They were ok until we hit a gravel track, and that was rough on the soles. That was at mile 8 or so.
    I've never walked that far in my life, I'm not sure I'll be doing it again until I'm a bit fitter!
  • RunawayCurves
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Well Done Jenni, I know the feeling I went out with the intention of doing a hike of around 8 miles but overshot where I planned to turn and ended up doing 15 miles. Second day in a row I have set an all new for me lifetime record of miles walked in a day. It was a lovely walk though. I went over south downs, stopped for lunch at Devils D pub then continued along downs and followed river Adur all the way out to coast at Shoreham. I thought about walking home from there but my body said no thanks and I happily got on a bus. I left home at 10:30 this morning and got back around 6:30. about 5-6 hours of that was all walking and there were a lot of hills. I Just had a long soak in bath and am now icing my knees based on recommendation I read on how to stop legs seizing up day after. I have a 8.5 mile hike already booked in for tomorrow with local ramblers. Hopefully my legs will still work in morning.

It must be good for us, just shows how all our efforts to date are paying off in increased fitness. I never imagined I would capable of walking more than 5 miles let alone 10 or 15. Now I am thinking by the time I get slim 20 miles might become easy. There could be no stopping us. We could end up walking from one end of UK to other in real life one day.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    That's awesome Laura, well done :smiley:

I can't believe I managed it, and wasn't dead at the end! I think I've shocked myself into understanding that I can do this!

Let us know how tomorrow goes for you, and how your legs feel in the morning. I get the feeling mine are gonna be complaining something awful!

I think I'd love to walk the length of the UK, although I'd need a fair amount of time off work to do it, and hope they'd still pay me, ha ha. Even at 20 miles a day, it would take almost 50 days! I think my feet would detach themselves and kick me in the face if I even thought about it right now!
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Laura, well done :smiley:

Ditto! :) You are killing it Laura! ;)

...I think my feet would detach themselves and kick me in the face if I even thought about it right now!

I laughed so hard @ this that I snorted (unsweetened!) iced tea out of my nose!! :D
  • RunawayCurves
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That made me laugh too Jenni
    axc5rxbn07hc.png
    My long soak in bath, icing my knees and smothering my legs in muscle soothing gel, all combined must have worked as was ok this morning. Today all told I walked a little over 10 miles including walking to and from bus stops to get to places. I walked the Seaford to Birling gap rout over the UK seven sisters cliffs on south coast. I now how a new record for how much hill walking I have ever done in one day. Never mind hills it was more like mountaineering. I never want to do that walk ever again. The wind was so strong it blew me over twice but I was ok. One good thing was the wind although far too strong was at least blowing in right direction to push me along. The views were breathtaking. I went out on this walk with a group called the ramblers. They were all way fitter than me and kept racing off over hills, I lost them a few times but caught up eventually. I concluded in future I would rather do a walk like that on my own or with people willing to go slower. I feel proud of myself for completing it but would not have gone if I had realised how hard it would be. I should have googled walk first and then I would have realized cliffs were involved for whole walk.
    dau1ryv3o6cx.jpg
    un2ogkyfra69.jpg
    832j36alvium.jpg
    s2qdevghvb5g.jpg
    I think a day off may be due tomorrow
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Wow, that scenery is beautiful! You have totally earned a day off too, well done Laura :smile:

I only took a couple of pics on my walk, but I'll try to upload them at some point if I can.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    I was going to visit Arundel castle but it is closed on Mondays apparently so I walked along a bit of Arun river then visited Arundel wetland centre which was mostly populated by a variety of ducks and geese, few swans. A birdwatcher enthusiast would have been able to appreciate it more than me. There were lots of baby birds which were very sweet. On my wanderings I got over 6 miles but it was all on flat part of town at a sedate pace.
    w8d3xfdi5oac.jpg
    ae6zl6oinv6m.png
    buk5bvut6ipr.png
    nrz9oisjt0ww.jpgg5f16q3y8ziu.jpg
    a2.PNG 293.8K
    a3.PNG 262.8K
    a4.JPG 533.4K
    a5.JPG 655.9K
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    OW, you find such beautiful places to walk! Nothing wrong with flat. The only incline I get here in Texas is the step up between the street and curb. :smiley:

Did you get to feed the ducks?
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    No I did not feed the ducks, they had loads of food out already. They were very pampered ducks in their little duck paradise. I am really lucky with being able to get to nice places. I live on Sussex coastline with sea on one side and countryside on the other side. I hate the actual town but being able to catch a bus and escape in to the greenness is great.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    These are a couple of pics from my walk on Saturday. I hope to do a similar walk (although maybe I'll keep it to 10 miles!) in the next couple of weeks.

68m7ujsiy8xb.jpg
    dd7izarea9iu.jpg
    pi5czw2kputj.jpg
    u9mpdjjfpptv.jpg
    yahov2c6p3pp.jpg