2. Daily Activity Accountability

Options
RunawayCurves
RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
Post here what physical activity you have done today to improve the quality of your life. It all counts. Anything you do to help your body get more active. Look at where you are now and make a change for the better. Start where you can and keep building on it each day. Some stretching, lifting some food tins for exercise, walk around your home , go up and down steps , walk around block, walk an hour, do a class, go to gym, swim. Do whatever you can do to get more active and tell us about it each day.

Replies

• katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    15 mins of walking in place to music (kinda like low impact dancing ) moving my body to help me
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    108 minutes walking at 30 degrees outside temperature brr :p
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Well done people :)
    Today I managed 105 minute walk back from hospital where I had to go have my blood test so just 3 minute behind animalrob37. My walk was a very sedate pace on flat ground in mild weather along South coast England sea front. My feet are really sore but not blistered for a change so that is good.
  • katdanash
    Options
    15 mins of walking in place . I get vertigo so I don't usually walk outside where the ground is uneven. Or alone
  • RunawayCurves
    edited March 2016
    Options
    vzcrwbtq6tmn.jpg
    Here is a pic of sun just starting to go down over Brighton seafront in UK from my walk.
  • lungs59
    lungs59 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Very pretty OW! I love the water! I just started working night shifts and I'm trying to adjust myself to this crazy sleep pattern plus work on the whole exercise thing. I walked a mile and a half yesterday but only had time for chores and a nap before work. Sooooooo if it's a slow night I will get in some steps at work. If it's not a slow night I will get in more steps than I care to do at work....lol.
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    45 minutes - Jodi Stolove’s "Chair Dancing Through The Decades" exercise video.
  • animalrob37
    Options
    Yesterday I walked for an hour and then started drinking vodka and pineapple juice with my brother and then we chopped wood for at least 2 and a half hours nonstop and it was actually fun since we had music playing but wow was I huffing and puffing. He wasn't nearly as much but he weighs only 275. My other brother is 324 lbs and also on a diet but he doesn't do these groups.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Today I am walking to and from my knitting group which is around 40 min gentle walking in total.
  • arlenestrohmaier
    arlenestrohmaier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just did 40 minutes of Zumba, ten minute break then 30 minutes on the bike.
  • arlenestrohmaier
    arlenestrohmaier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    vzcrwbtq6tmn.jpg
    Here is a pic of sun just starting to go down over Brighton seafront in UK from my walk.

Beautiful picture!
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing everyday so hopefully you won't get tired of seeing it. :)
    March 22 Exercise: 45 minutes - Jodi Stolove’s "Chair Dancing Through The Decades" exercise video.
  • Jake1410
    Jake1410 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A 2 mile walk with the dog ( half walk, half drag - until she was let off the leash!)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Awesome pic of Brighton pier, and yay to see some Brits in here :smile:

I did 30 minutes of walking today, approx a mile and a half. I'm building back up after a bad bout with the flu.
  • lungs59
    lungs59 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I need to make it off the couch today.... I am lacking motivation big time today. I'm dragging. This is the area I really need help in.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    lungs59 wrote: »
    I need to make it off the couch today.... I am lacking motivation big time today. I'm dragging. This is the area I really need help in.

Sometimes the hardest thing is just to get going or even get up some days. I have to take medication that leaves me feeling like a zombie a lot of the time. I often do feel better though if just get out for a bit. My knitting group got cancelled due to lady that runs it being ill so I just walked on into town, got my hair trimmed and did a bit of shopping then persuaded myself to walk home too. I was actually walking about for a good 90 min but broken up into chunks. I find listening to my music in headphones as I walk makes it easier and walk goes quicker. I love walking but my feet get sore no matter how comfy my shoes or what products I use. My knee what a little sore from yesterday's longer walk too. I feel ok though, not really hurting anywhere. It just takes time to build up stamina and muscles. I think once you do something even once it builds a bit of momentum to keep going. A few people have mentioned chair dancing. I have not heard of that but it sounds like something to do at home that might be a good way of getting going a bit. Anything with music if good I think. I lucky living near sea but even a walk round the block is something to build on. Start small, it does not have to be anything amazing, just do a little more than is usual and then work from there.
  • animalrob37
    Options
    Sometimes lack of motivation can indicate a dopamine imbalance. Its the main neurotransmitter involved in the body's reward system. If you don't get at least a little of a natural high from an activity then psychologically speaking why bother. Therefore no motivation. Fatty sugary foods can act like a drug more powerful than Crack or Heroin. If your brain was used to those types of foods for a long time then you could even have adrenal fatigue which can take a long time to correct itself once the stimuli is removed.

If the problem is recurrent and you cannot attribute it to simple laziness than it might be worth it to talk to your doctor about it. Wellbutrin is a prescription drug which normalizes the dopamine level in the brain and I have taken it in the past with great results. It was prescribed to me because I had anhedonia which is a lack of pleasure with any activity. I went around not smiling about anything because nothing excited me or enthused me. Well now I don't have any prescriptions and I have plenty of enthusiasm so it seems to have resolved my problem.
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    3 miles this morning, and 60-minute Jazzercise class a little while ago. Still sweaty!
  • katdanash
    Options
    15 min walk and a ten min walk-in in place .
  • animalrob37
    Options
    176 minutes walking. I made it to the top of Bogus Hill where they broadcast weather alerts to my area. I had to stop several times to catch my breath but it was worth it to feel accomplished in getting to the top.