2. Daily Activity Accountability

Options

Replies

• ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Aquafit sounds awesome. I'm too scared to go swimming right now, because I'm afraid people will be too harsh about how I look, but I'm desperate to start swimming again. Its something I totally loved when I was younger, and I used to be quite a strong swimmer. I would probably go sooner if I knew I could wear something that would cover me up a bit, leggings and something to cover my arms would be a good start.

I totally understand what you are saying, when I joined the gym I was nervous about being seen both in the gym and in the pool. This was made worse by the fact I go to a gym near work where a lot of my work colleagues also go. But I can honestly say I have not experienced any negativity. I have a couple of male colleagues that do some weight training and they were just both really pleased to see me there.

As a fat person, I think I am far more embarrassed to be seen in McDonalds, than at the gym. How can someone be negative about you trying to make an effort!
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    March 25 Exercise: 45 minutes - Jodi Stolove’s "Chair Dancing Through The Decades" exercise video.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I put off my housework until today, and did a really big spring clean in preparation for my landlady inspecting the house.

4765 steps later, its done. I've no idea how I clocked up that many steps, but that's pretty darn good!
  • Tata0716
    Tata0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    30 min cardio/strength workout for today
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    4863 steps so far, not sure how long it took but it was a couple of hours of housework. I'm hoping to stretch this to at least 6000 by the end of the day.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Lots of activity going on, Well done.
    Today I managed 10 min on exercise bike, bum still sore from yesterday, the seats just are not designed for big bums. 30 min on treadmill gentle walking. Walking on treadmill seems to hurt my bad knee less than walking outdoors.
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    20 mins of low impact aerobics
  • Klipsan
    Options
    Great to see everyone working hard today!

25hkca1.jpg
  • readytochange42
    readytochange42 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    45 minutes of cardiac rehab
  • readytochange42
    readytochange42 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand the feeling of hating gyms. I joined just over a month ago, and I currently only go at around 6.30am on a Saturday and Sunday because its next to empty (its a 24 hour gym).
    I go on Monday evenings to attend a weight loss group there, and that's really hard for me. Not only do I have to walk through the weightlifting part of the gym, where some people laughed at me two weeks ago, but the women in my weightloss group all look so slender! Two of them look as though they're actually underweight, I'd be surprised if they were even in the 'healthy' range. They both turn up in full make-up, manicured nails, looking so pretty, and I'm there in a massive t-shirt and leggings, feeling like a bloody elephant!

I spent a years being too humiliated to even walk into a regular gym. Now, at just 44 years old, I have to walk into cardiac rehab and exercise with with people my parents and grandparents age. It's a whole different kind of humiliating... Not so much fat judgement because everyone is very nice, but I get shocked looks because I'm too young to be a heart attack survivor and in cardiac rehab. I did this. I did it to myself. I allowed my fear of other people's opinions to keep me from getting healthy. Don't do what I did. It's not worth it.
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    154 minutes walking this evening
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Today I did around 70 min gentle walking to do my shopping. I have one of those pull behind you shopping trolleys on wheels because since hurting my Knee I can't carry heavy bags. I walked to shop with my trolley then put all my shopping in it and dragged it all home. That is plenty to get me all hot and sweaty so it must be good.
  • Klipsan
    Options
    March 26 Exercise: 45 minutes - Jodi Stolove’s "Chair Dancing Through The Decades" exercise video.
  • arlenestrohmaier
    arlenestrohmaier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Over 8000 steps today just doing erronds and cleaning house. I usually try for 10,000 but I'm just not going to make that today. Running out of time.
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    121 minutes walking
  • Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    45 minutes of cardio, including bike and elliptical.
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Spent all day cooking/ baking and managed to stay under calorie. I have a family bbq tomorrow and decided to be proactive with my calories so I'm bringing fruit and vegetables to make sure I snack well
  • Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Mad_Medusa wrote: »
    Spent all day cooking/ baking and managed to stay under calorie. I have a family bbq tomorrow and decided to be proactive with my calories so I'm bringing fruit and vegetables to make sure I snack well

Good job!
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Been pouring with rain here so just got on with bit of housework.
  • Klipsan
    Options
    March 27 Exercise: 45 minutes - Jodi Stolove’s "Chair Dancing Through The Decades" exercise video.