Replies

• RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Every little bit counts. Today I did 40 min gentle walking
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Did a few rounds of walking today, finishing up with a walk home from visiting a friend this evening. 8451 steps today, but I have a couple of hours before I go to bed, so I might try to make it to 9000.
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    You all are inspiring .. Waiting for dinner to be done and then going for a walk
  • KristenNagle1
    KristenNagle1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    20 minute workout w a trainer. Kicked my butt!
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    made it to the gym yesterday and i plan on going tonight again... once the weather clears up and stays nice i plan on walking my dog after my gym time... i am determined to meet my goals..
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    30 min on exercise bike at gym
    They have this scanner at the gym that I decided to have a go on. It said I am composed of 50.2% fat, 47.3% muscle and 2.5% bone and have the metabolic age of a 49 year old (I am 35 next month) :'(
    Best keep going with the gym and walking then, also 2.5% bone does not seem very much. They said it was a medical grade scanner but I am not convinced though the 50% fat part sounds right.
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    181 minutes walking
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I see everyone is working hard. Way to go.
    Here is mine for today.
    March 30 Exercise: 45 minutes - Jodi Stolove’s "Chair Dancing Through The Decades" exercise video.
  • katdanash
    Options
    I feel like a slacker compared to you all . 15 mins walking
  • Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Destroyed my workout this evening. Added 15 minutes of cardio, and hit it hard!
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    30 min on exercise bike at gym
    They have this scanner at the gym that I decided to have a go on. It said I am composed of 50.2% fat, 47.3% muscle and 2.5% bone and have the metabolic age of a 49 year old (I am 35 next month) :'(
    Best keep going with the gym and walking then, also 2.5% bone does not seem very much. They said it was a medical grade scanner but I am not convinced though the 50% fat part sounds right.

Yeah, 2.5% seems like a pretty low number...12% is an "average" number for non-menopausal women that I seem to remember seeing somewhere...
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi there -- newbie here, but with good news to report. I got a Fitbit for my birthday earlier this month and had been averaging 6000 steps daily. I decided this week to totally rock it and have made 10,000 steps for the past three days. It included taking my toddler out in the drizzling rain the past two days, but we did it when it would have been easy to stay inside. :)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Hi there -- newbie here, but with good news to report. I got a Fitbit for my birthday earlier this month and had been averaging 6000 steps daily. I decided this week to totally rock it and have made 10,000 steps for the past three days. It included taking my toddler out in the drizzling rain the past two days, but we did it when it would have been easy to stay inside. :)

That's awesome, well done :smiley:
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    I got up at stupid o'clock this morning to get to the gym for a session with a personal trainer.
    45 mins later, and I was aching in muscles I didn't know I had! I'm now on my way to work, for a rest, ha ha.
  • Klipsan
    Options
    katdanash wrote: »
    I feel like a slacker compared to you all . 15 mins walking

You are doing great. :) I am looking forward to being able to walk 15 minutes.
  • Klipsan
    Options
    Pepperh3ad wrote: »
    Destroyed my workout this evening. Added 15 minutes of cardio, and hit it hard!

Outstanding!
  • Klipsan
    Options
    March 31 Exercise: 45 minutes - Jodi Stolove’s "Chair Dancing Through The Decades" exercise video.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    made it to the gym again yesterday... planning on gym time again today... my legs and butt are definitley feeling it... i work all my muscles but have have focusing alot on my legs to strengthen them for some big hikes this summer...
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    My knee was really painful after using stationary bike in Gym. Physiotherapist said bike would be good for my bad knee but I am not sure i agree, it definitely is not good for my bum. Today I just did 45min gentle walking.
  • katdanash
    Options
    15 min walk again and im feeling under the weather so thats it for me today. oh and i did 10 mins of stretching .