Hardees....

Options
emilybeaver
emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
So I just found my new found love. Hardees. I just had a bacon cheeseburger low carb wrap. YUM. I also looked up their low carb breakfast bowl...umm....I may be getting that tomorrow even though it's 600 calories...

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Lol we don't have hardees here, I love Wendy's bacon cheeseburger with no bun. It's like the perfect little meal. How you're feeling better.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    I just feel strange asking for no bun, so at least at Hardees I can say low carb it please. It was perfect. I'm still feeling off. I feel more awake, but my belly just is not happy with me.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Oh, I didn't even know they had that option. I might need to indulge next time I'm near a Hardees. There is one in the nearest city (about 90 min. away), which I visit almost every week.

ETA: I visit the city almost every week, not Hardees.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Yeah I've already sucked in my coworker who is doing low carb too...she's going to hardees tonight for dinner.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Here is the low carb breakfast....
    Low Carb It.® - Low Carb Breakfast Bowl®
    Folded eggs topped with a sausage patty and Swiss cheese, piled with a loaded omelet, and topped with shredded cheddar and bacon bits.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    I'll have to add that to my potential list of fast food. So far, I've been basically limited to Subway salads for low carb, so that is good to know. I've also considered going to Arby's and throwing out the buns, but I'm not sure how I would log such a thing.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I felt weird too but Wendy's is totally normal about it lol
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I even got a Quarter pounder with no bun at McDonalds. Just ask most anywhere . Folks are helpful.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I have never been to a Hardee's but there's one close to me. I've always been scared to go there since I heard it's awful food...maybe that rumor is wrong?!
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    I have never been to a Hardee's but there's one close to me. I've always been scared to go there since I heard it's awful food...maybe that rumor is wrong?!

I always love going to Hardees but it's more on the "expensive" side of fast food so we normally don't go there often.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I got coupons for 2/$5 thickburgers. Mmm.
  • emilybeaver
    Options

I'm going to start saving my coupons...can you use them if you "low carb it"
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Thanks we have one so I will check it out.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options

I'm going to start saving my coupons...can you use them if you "low carb it"

I would assume so!

I order the burger minus the bun. They pack it up neatly in a little box for me :)
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    This is amazing. I'll be saving my coupons for there from now on!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »

Bad food??? No way their low carb burgers (hold the ketchup) are awesome!!! Like someone said little pricy but if I'm traveling it's my go to place!
  • Kellryn
    Kellryn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Never been to Hardee's wish we had one near here, never seen them on the west coast.

I did go to Wendy's tonight, first time I've had fast food since I started this woe. Ordered 4 jr. bacon cheese burgers-no buns and a side ceasar salad (my nephew is doing this with me). Was nicely packaged in a side salad bowl. No one blinked or asked any questions, just took the order and acted like they get it all the time.

My nephew took off the lettus, but ate them, in fact he asked for 1 of mine >.< Good thing I ordered the salad too! lol
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Carl's Jr. is also playing up the lettuce wraps. But I guess you could ask for it anywhere.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yep, you can ask everywhere you go! Most will accommodate "weird" requests because they want your money! :tongue:
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    Carl's Jr. is also playing up the lettuce wraps. But I guess you could ask for it anywhere.

Carl's Jr. and Hardees are the same restaurant with the same ownership, just under different names.