Let's talk exercise.

Options
2»

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I work FT, am a FT grad student, and I'm very active politically. I haven't had time to exercise for months. When I have time again, hiking and trail running.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Tennis and golf 2x a week
    Walk daily
    Volleyball 4hrs 1x a week
    Weight training 2x a week

I will start c25k when I lose a bit more weight. Maybe by May.
  • shelleysykeskeene
    shelleysykeskeene Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I walk on the treadmill 5 to 6 times per week for 30 to 45 minutes (brisk pace) and also lift weights for my arms (10 minutes every second day) and do toning exercises for my legs (including squats, deadlifts and lunges with weights) also every second day.
    Seeing what you all are doing I dont know if I am doing enough!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I try to run every other day. Now that the weather is improving, I hope to hit this much more consistently. And walk on the opposite days.
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lift mon, wed and fri, cardio (45 mins brisk on treadmill) tues, thurs and sat - Sunday is my rest day.

I love seeing what everyone is doing!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I try to do strength 3x/wk (You Are Your Own Gym, which is a body weight workout and pretty good to start with)

I just put this on reserve at the library. I am so done with my dirty gym and if I can do this at home all the better!! :)

• emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    motown13 wrote: »
    If I can get my back fixed, my goal is to eventually be able to do TRX exercises.

I despise TRX....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I combine exercise with generally being active.
    I get at least 10,000 steps every day.
    I run 5k a few times a week.
    I ride or walk to work every day. ( a couple of miles each way)
    I lifted weights for about 20 years, but am taking a break from that.
    I now do power yoga 3 times a week and pilates 2 times a week.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I take HIIT bootcamp classes 3x per week and try to get either a workout video or zumba in on Saturday Mornings. Throughout the week I teach 15 dance classes so I get a LOT of stretch time in and other various exercises depending on what genre I'm teaching.

^^ on top of the classes I have a 40hr/wk job. I've become a stranger at the gym :( When the dance studio isn't in session (over the summer) I love to take my bike out and hit the trail or go to the gym on rainy days.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I run 4-6 times a week between 3-10 miles. I'm one of those strange folks that really, really enjoys running. I used to go to the gym more often (weights are my first love, fitness-wise), but I fell off that wagon for a bit, so I am looking forward to getting back to lifting some heavy iron tonight. Other than that, bodyweight stuff, walking, swimming... as much as I can whenever I can. I love being active.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I just finished hip hop abs and rockin body ....I ordered Cize which arrived yesterday will be starting that on Monday ...I love Shaun T :)
  • kimbo8435
    kimbo8435 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do martial arts 3X/week, walk with the lab (who keeps me at a good clip!), and I'm going to add swimming 2X/week back in here starting tomorrow.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Walking, stationary cycle, bowflex
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I lift 3 days a week (Strong lifts) and cardio 2 days for now (in the winter months it's treadmill...mix of jogging, walking, incline walks, etc.). When it's nice enough I pull the bike out and from time to time we hit up the kayaks. Haven't done that in a while, but am hugely looking forward to the warmer weather for that reason alone :)