Weekly Post 28.03. - 03.04.2016

Options

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    @luciewhitefield25, weight loss for me hasn't been linear. I use a weight tracking app that makes predictions (can't remember the name of it) so that I get an idea of how much I can lose based on my history. On average, my loss has been more like 1-2 lbs per week, but it's been steady. I've learned that if I'm disciplined and follow 5:2 as intended, I lose the most right after my cycle. If I'm not too strict, which is more often the case, I still lose but not as much. I think the important thing is continually moving in the right direction. I know how tempting it is to want the weight to come off as quick as possible, but I urge you to use caution. If you restrict calories too much or try to fast more often, it may backfire as it has on occasion for me. Good luck!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Yup. What flossy said.

It also depends on how much you have to lose. With strict fast days and staying at maintenance on the other 5, my weekly deficit is only 2000 - 2500 cals. ..thus my losses, when strict are only a rod 1/2-1lb per week. If I indulge on a few days, I maintain but don't lose...

Second after easter fast is in the box. Both were a little high due to a few chocolate eggs flying around. But I'm okay with them.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Two fasting days done this week, both a bit high and since the kids and I are off this week I'm considering that a win since it could have been worse! May try for a low day on Friday.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Well I've just finished an awesome dinner! I'm getting addicted to grilled assorted veg mixed with some quinoa & a bit of bottled vinaigrette topped with some grilled balsamic chicken sliced, fresh mango & a few roasted unsalted almonds then drizzled with a bit of balsamic reduction!! Bam.... Cold or hot!

So that has me finishing off my second fast this week! I'm determined to loose one more inch off my waist by the end of April - been at 31" since January! So now that I've put that in print, I better stick to it and not give in to the clean wine glass in the other room!!!!!! >:)o:):'(
  • GraetLifeIfYouDontWeaken
    Options
    Pats on the back to us all. Just finishing my 2nd <500c day of the week. I'm one of those "weigh yourself everyday" types -- I'll go to bed early to ignore the tempting food in my cupboard tonight, then see what the scale says tomorrow.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen yes I do fast on weight training days and last year I managed to acclimatise myself to riding about 60 miles fasted, but that took some time to train my body.

FD Tuesday but with a big pasta supper left me a bit short on energy at about 70 miles on Wednesday's ride, so out with the chocolate flapjacks and they got me home. But they are too sweet for normal use.
  • luciewhitefield25
    luciewhitefield25 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    good luck with the scales! let us know the results, Ideally I would like to loose at least 2lb a week but I know I need to be realistic and not give my hopes up!

Although saying that last summer with my running several times a week, I would loose 2lb a week minimum... we will see! I will know for sure next week when I have my weigh in and can set a proper goal.

Well done for everyone fasting this week!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen Lets tackle this goal of ours together!! I want to lose my last 5-7 lbs by the end of April, too (I'll be 47 on the 29th). I'm feeling so good right now...id love to be able to see a number since I was in high school! I've decided to lay off all the contemplation. In case no ones noticed, im an over-thinker. I can think myself to death. Sometimes, it's good to take a break and focus on action. Less thinking, more doing...my mantra for the month of April. Om.
    Options
    I like the attitude, flossyruby and everyone else here -- it's very encouraging. I'm quite chuffed this morning. 6 fast days total under 500cals and the rest at or under my TDEE = down 8 lbs in 18 days. About 45 more lbs to go!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    @GraetLifeIfYouDontWeaken Just keep plugging away. Don't fixate on the end goal until it gets closer. In the past, I've always looked too far ahead and then I'd get overwhelmed and throw in the towel. For some reason, this way of life had me just focus on my days fast to fast. Before I knew it, I'd lost 40 lbs. And I agree with you, this group is super supportive and positive.
    GraetLifeIfYouDontWeaken Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm with you on all that -- I'm really focused on the day-to-day, week-to-week, one step after another aspects. Too daunting to think of how far I still need to go; much easier and happier to look at the daily accomplishments. Between the 5:2 program itself and all the support and encouragement here, I think -- I know -- I can do it.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    @GraetLifeIfYouDontWeaken Awesome job! So happy about your progress. :)

I definitely struggle with the fd lately as my hunger has increased. I think it's the new exercise regimen I have implemented. Seems the more I exercise the more I want/need to eat. Have to tweak my cardio/lifting/fd to find the right combo.. Anyone have ideas?

Good fd so far...hopefully goes better than earlier this week.
    Options
    Yes here's an idea for you -- stop exercising!!
    Just kidding, of course, and I'm so impressed with all you're doing to be healthy! I personally hate exercise of all shapes and sizes, so I'm doing little of it. Makes it easier on fasting days for sure, though I know I'm going to have to start stepping it up (literally) very soon.
  • megemrj
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Lol. Thank you for the support Graetlife! Exercising is what makes me get up @ 4:30 most mornings; without it, my internal clock says "you crazy fool stay in bed until 9:30!"

I love working out. Now. Up until 3 years ago, it was very sporadic and little to none. Amazing how it and healthy changes have improved my life. Hope I never revert. I have worked really hard and for way too long to gain all the weight back or lose my gains.

You are doing wonderful without exercise! Keep doing what you're doing and if you see an exercise you are interested in trying, go for it. You never know, although of course you really can already know. Lol

Ps - Yay can't wait for your "steps" to start! My new toy arrived today and I CAN NOT wait to try it out!
    Options
    How are you liking your Atlas?!!?
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Up late tonight! Just checking in since I've been busy socializing the last Two days - out for dinner & a lunch!! Had one friend comment that I'm down right skinny! Haha! It's hard to log from a restaurant that's not listed in MFP, but trying to log the best I can by estimating is at least worth points right??

@megemrj What is this toy you're talking about??? So curious!!

Yes Flossy!! You & I must plan a virtual "cheers" on your bday.... Which is also my daughter's grad night from nursing! We must stay focused on our goal .... April 29th here we come! I have been considering doing that Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workout......? Not really a fan of hers, maybe yelling burns a lot of calories.....in any case I'm focused on the 29th & may consider adding an extra exercise.

Hope all is going well for everyone!!!
    Whew! I'm gonna feel like crap tomorrow...downed 3 glasses of wine!!!! K it was slowly, but still....... :sB)
  • megemrj
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @maminthekitchen makes you feel accomplished when someone notices your hard work! So happy for you. We should enjoy life and really live. Otherwise what's all the hard work for? Totally know about the restaurant trouble with recording. We had a family shopping day and lunch. Well of course we ate at a restaurant not listed. So I think my entry looks weird too. But I did record it so there is that...

My toy is my new Atlas fitness Wearable. It will help me calc calories burned from weight lifting and cardio. It also recognizes exercises I'm doing, how many, and rate my form. I used for the first time last night while lifting and it's a learning process for me and it. Today is only cardio so we will see how it is for that. Loving it so far!!

Hope you don't feel too terrible today. I ended up having sweet potato fries (@lunch) and a cookie or two last night (homemade for my boys). I'm all kinds of bloated and gassy.
  • megemrj
    Options
    How are you liking your Atlas?!!?

Just saw this^^ so liking it so far! It's learning and I am too. Me probably more than it. Lol. Although I think it thought I was taller ***must be my BIG attitude***. It kept missing my squats in the beginning but by the end it caught every one. Lol. I wish it would work with other fitness programs like strong Lifts. That would be cool not to need to utilize two apps. But hey I'm gadget Queen so it's all good. :)
    Options
    Glad you're pleased with the Atlas. It will be so nice and customized just for you very soon. Such a cool product. Maybe you could drop a line to the team that makes it asking them to consider cross-functioning with Lifts etc in a future update?
  • megemrj
    Options
    Good idea! I did email them quite a few times asking questions before I made the purchase. They were very helpful and quick with responses. Maybe it will make a difference.