Team: Gutbusters

Options
Now that the teams are formed it's time to introduce yourself to your fellow team members. These individuals will be your support. You are a team and you will do it together.

Feel free to use this discussion to share tips, comments and most importantly provide support.

Good Luck TEAM GUT BUSTERS!!

Replies

• Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I have been pleasantly surprised and very shocked at the number of people that have expressed interest in our challenge. I really dislike turning people away, especially if they are trying to better themselves by reaching out for support in helping themselves achieve health goals.

At this moment I have over 100 people on our waiting list. As a result I have created 3 more teams! This won't place them all but at least it will help 45 of them.

Because we've grown so much I am looking for a Team Captain for each team. This person should be someone that is 100% committed to not only their own success but each and every team member on the team. This must be someone that logs in DAILY.

I'll be looking to the Team Captains to ensure everyone on your team has submitted their weekly weigh-ins on or before Friday of every week. If there is a team member that is falling off the wagon, I'll be looking to you to encourage them to continue both for their own benefit as well as the team's overall weekly standing. This may require a personal message to them of encouragement or maybe just a reminder that they haven't submitted yet.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do let me know ASAP. I'd like to have Team Captains selected prior to our April 1 start date.
  • Shalynlink
    Shalynlink Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Gutbusters! Would love to hear more about you all!
  • divamomof2
    divamomof2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello team Gutbusters, looking forward for the challenge, motivation and of course weight-loss. Add me as a friend to motivate each other. Now let's to get work wooooohooooo!!!
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Hey Gutbusters!! Just stopping through from the Big Butt Theory team to wish you well. Happy losing!!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Team Gutbusters! Love our name, I have a good feeling about this group. :) I'm excited to get back to losing weight, one month is a great timeframe to commit to this.

About me: I started losing weight with calorie counting/MFP in July 2015. My starting weight was 215 lb. and I lost 25 lbs. in 2015. My goal is to lose another 25 in 2016. This challenge is just what I needed to get back on the weight loss train!

We can do this!
  • tamund67
    tamund67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm Tammy and have yo-yo'd for all my life. I turned 49 in February and am tired of being fat and being fat makes me tired. I started January 14th and have lost 28 pounds so far. I count calories, exercise daily and wear my Fitbit religiously. I am looking forward to this challenge and new friends to motivate me. Please feel free to friend me!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    tamund67 wrote: »
    I'm Tammy and have yo-yo'd for all my life. I turned 49 in February and am tired of being fat and being fat makes me tired. I started January 14th and have lost 28 pounds so far. I count calories, exercise daily and wear my Fitbit religiously. I am looking forward to this challenge and new friends to motivate me. Please feel free to friend me!

You are doing fantastic this year! Well done!

I love my FitBit, I have a One that's attached to me almost always. It motivates me to move many times when I would otherwise be on the couch. :D
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    Hey Gutbusters!! Just stopping through from the Big Butt Theory team to wish you well. Happy losing!!
    That team name cracks me up! Good luck to you as well.
  • saturnina8
    saturnina8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm glad to be in this team. I'm sure we can do great in April. I kind of fell off the food tracking wagon last year so I'm getting back in the groove. I also use a fitbit, so I hope to move more and lose weight.
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!

When you get a chance can you please reply with what day you will be weighing in. This will be added to the spreadsheet to aid the Team Captains in ensuring the team's weights are submitted.

Thanks!

P.S.: I'm still looking for a volunteer to act as Team Captain for your team. Any takers? :smile:
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Weigh-In Day: Tuesday
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    saturnina8 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm glad to be in this team. I'm sure we can do great in April. I kind of fell off the food tracking wagon last year so I'm getting back in the groove. I also use a fitbit, so I hope to move more and lose weight.

I'm trying to get back to good tracking as well. The last month or so was a free for all. :s Logging ALL my calories today! I think the first week is the hardest, then it becomes more routine.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Gutbusters! My name is Helen, and I've been on MFP for a while. I recently gained back quite a bit of the weight i'd lost (big time stress eater), and I'd like to get back on track. I am going to weigh in on Tuesdays. Good luck, and please feel free to add me as a friend as well!!!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    lenniebus wrote: »
    Hi Team Gutbusters! My name is Helen, and I've been on MFP for a while. I recently gained back quite a bit of the weight i'd lost (big time stress eater), and I'd like to get back on track. I am going to weigh in on Tuesdays. Good luck, and please feel free to add me as a friend as well!!!
    Good luck to you as well! We can do this!
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Wowza Team Gutbusters!! You all have all but 1 person to weigh in already. That's fantastic!!
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello, My name is Tara. I'm 28, single and no kids. I have always been chunky, while having hypothyroidism has played a part it's mainly because I love food, hate exercising and sports and would rather curl up and read a book or play a game. I lost about 35 pounds by calorie counting and walking a few years ago. I have since gain that all back and ten more pounds. I stopped exercising, my retail store I was working at the last 7 years closed, was unemployed and lazy for a while and finally ended up getting a job as a CSR at a small call center. I love my new job much more but instead of being on my feet all day I'm not sitting down and that helped add on my last 20 pounds.

I recently had to buy size 20 pants for the first time and have resolved not to buy another pair in that size. Last time I went hiking I was more winded then I had ever been and want to get back into shape. I've been back on track logging meals for the last few weeks, walking on my break and lunch when it's nice out and am trying to walk after work when I can as well. I am looking forward to getting extra motivation through this challenge.

I'm happy to be a part of Gutbusters. Feel free to friend me guys! Thanks for arranging this Serendipity!

Weigh in day- Wednesday

Last endnote- I am having major issues with my laptop at the moment and this forum doesn't work the best on my phone. Until I get it fixed or get new laptop I may not be as active here but will still do my best to work on getting healthier.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Hello, My name is Tara. I'm 28, single and no kids. I have always been chunky, while having hypothyroidism has played a part it's mainly because I love food, hate exercising and sports and would rather curl up and read a book or play a game. I lost about 35 pounds by calorie counting and walking a few years ago. I have since gain that all back and ten more pounds. I stopped exercising, my retail store I was working at the last 7 years closed, was unemployed and lazy for a while and finally ended up getting a job as a CSR at a small call center. I love my new job much more but instead of being on my feet all day I'm not sitting down and that helped add on my last 20 pounds.

I recently had to buy size 20 pants for the first time and have resolved not to buy another pair in that size. Last time I went hiking I was more winded then I had ever been and want to get back into shape. I've been back on track logging meals for the last few weeks, walking on my break and lunch when it's nice out and am trying to walk after work when I can as well. I am looking forward to getting extra motivation through this challenge.

I'm happy to be a part of Gutbusters. Feel free to friend me guys! Thanks for arranging this Serendipity!

Weigh in day- Wednesday

Last endnote- I am having major issues with my laptop at the moment and this forum doesn't work the best on my phone. Until I get it fixed or get new laptop I may not be as active here but will still do my best to work on getting healthier.
    Nice to have you in our group!

• Shalynlink
    Options
    Hello, My name is Tara. I'm 28.....

Nice to meet you Tara! I ran into the same - lost weight and then gained it all back. MFP logging is my saving grace now! I am excited for this group!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Whoops, licked the spoon after dishing out yogurt to the kids. Funny how little bites, licks, or tastes can become automatic if you're not careful. I guessed on the calories and logged it, I'm back on the logging train today!
  • Shalynlink
    Options
    lenniebus wrote: »

Hi Helen! I am such a stress/ sadness eater. I had the most stressful job and ate donuts constantly. Yes, they are my kryptonite. I will add you as well.