Team: Gutbusters

Options

Replies

• Shalynlink
    Shalynlink Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    saturnina8 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm glad to be in this team. I'm sure we can do great in April. I kind of fell off the food tracking wagon last year so I'm getting back in the groove. I also use a fitbit, so I hope to move more and lose weight.

Love the fitbit - you people are NUTS! We have a group of fitbitters at work and they trash talk and its so funny!!
  • Shalynlink
    Options
    tamund67 wrote: »
    I'm Tammy and have yo-yo'd for all my life. I turned 49 in February and am tired of being fat and being fat makes me tired. I started January 14th and have lost 28 pounds so far. I count calories, exercise daily and wear my Fitbit religiously. I am looking forward to this challenge and new friends to motivate me. Please feel free to friend me!

What a boss Tammy - 28 lbs!!!!! Great job!
  • Shalynlink
    Options
    Ok - so I have always been active BUT I have always overeaten especially donuts and treats. I was a professional baker so I know how to provide myself those delightful goods. This past Christmas, I realized that I needed to make a choice - coming from an unhealthy family background - I had to choose if that's what my plan as or to get fit and be a better example to my kids.
    Since Jan 1st, I am down 20 lbs with about 10 more to go. It seems to be the hardest 10 lbs. I like to eat but now keeping track with MFP. I run a ton and am training for a May marathon but do about 1 race per month. Being overweight has been very hard on my joints as I ran but allowed my weight to keep creeping up. Nice to meet everyone and so excited to encourage everyone!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Shalynlink wrote: »
    Ok - so I have always been active BUT I have always overeaten especially donuts and treats. I was a professional baker so I know how to provide myself those delightful goods. This past Christmas, I realized that I needed to make a choice - coming from an unhealthy family background - I had to choose if that's what my plan as or to get fit and be a better example to my kids.
    Since Jan 1st, I am down 20 lbs with about 10 more to go. It seems to be the hardest 10 lbs. I like to eat but now keeping track with MFP. I run a ton and am training for a May marathon but do about 1 race per month. Being overweight has been very hard on my joints as I ran but allowed my weight to keep creeping up. Nice to meet everyone and so excited to encourage everyone!
    20 lbs, fantastic! And training for a marathon! You're having a super year, keep up the great work. :)

• jillpill88
    jillpill88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In Day: Monday
  • jillpill88
    jillpill88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m 27, married, no kids. I’m a huge emotional eater and totally addicted to sugar. I cut out sugar and starches mid-January and lost 20 lbs. I’m starting to add in healthier starches (still TRYING to stay away from sugar) and hoping I can continue to lose weight. I wouldn’t say I’m active but I have a 5 month old puppy who I take on a walk every day and my work has yoga classes twice a week and I do.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    jillpill88 wrote: »
    I’m 27, married, no kids. I’m a huge emotional eater and totally addicted to sugar. I cut out sugar and starches mid-January and lost 20 lbs. I’m starting to add in healthier starches (still TRYING to stay away from sugar) and hoping I can continue to lose weight. I wouldn’t say I’m active but I have a 5 month old puppy who I take on a walk every day and my work has yoga classes twice a week and I do.
    Great work on the 20 lbs!
  • bex800
    bex800 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Becca, I'm not 100% sure how to keep up with this group,lol I'm 29 and live in Leicester my weigh in day is Saturday :)
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    bex800 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I'm Becca, I'm not 100% sure how to keep up with this group,lol I'm 29 and live in Leicester my weigh in day is Saturday :)
    I don't know how to keep up either, I'm just making it up as I go. :D

Fun to see so many people from our group saying hello!
  • bex800
    bex800 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I have just seen on the spreadsheet that it says my weigh in day is Wednesday, that's ok leave it as Wednesday that's no problem
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey Team Gutbusters, my name is Nikki and I know we're going to rock this out!

A little about me, I'm in my early 40's and a former/current athlete. I used to play all kinds of sports when I was young and healthy. I put on 100 lbs over the course of 6 years having my wonderful children. I lost 60 lbs about 2 years ago and kept it off for 8 months. Then, I fell and hurt my back pretty bad and was put on prednisone for inflammation. I started gaining quickly from the meds and it made me mad, so I started eating myself back up to my former weight. I have lost 35lbs since then and kept it off for 4 months. I need to lose another 70-80 lbs and am doing so by exercising and eating right.

Just remember, mind over matter and we can do this!!

Weigh-in day: Tuesday
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi Gutbusters!!

I just wanted to pop in and say THANKS to @overw8gosk8 for stepping up as Team Captain. I appreciate your help and I know you'll bring your team to success!!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Hey Team Gutbusters, my name is Nikki and I know we're going to rock this out!

A little about me, I'm in my early 40's and a former/current athlete. I used to play all kinds of sports when I was young and healthy. I put on 100 lbs over the course of 6 years having my wonderful children. I lost 60 lbs about 2 years ago and kept it off for 8 months. Then, I fell and hurt my back pretty bad and was put on prednisone for inflammation. I started gaining quickly from the meds and it made me mad, so I started eating myself back up to my former weight. I have lost 35lbs since then and kept it off for 4 months. I need to lose another 70-80 lbs and am doing so by exercising and eating right.

Just remember, mind over matter and we can do this!!

Weigh-in day: Tuesday
    Awesome success so far! I hope your back is doing better, injuries can be so discouraging. Also, thank you for volunteering to be Captain!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

I have just seen on the spreadsheet that it says my weigh in day is Wednesday, that's ok leave it as Wednesday that's no problem

You can have whatever day you'd like. Wednesday was used because that's when you joined. If you normally weigh in on Saturday then I would suggest you keep Saturday.
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team Gutbusters! I'm Sherrie, 42 yr old retired (Navy) SAHM of 2 boys. I have yo-yo'd all my life. Last year I lost about 25 lbs on MFP, got a little overconfident and long story short gained most of it back. I have re-lost all but six pounds that will put me back where I left of last year and that is my first mini goal. I weigh every day because I have learned that it helps me know when my TOM is coming (in am NOT regular) I am trying to get on board with Fitbit week start of Sunday or Monday but I like weighing in on Friday or I can do Wednesday whatever y'all think!
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    jillpill88 wrote: »

SUCH a cute puppy!!! WTG on the 20lbs!
  • lenniebus
    Options
    Shalynlink wrote: »

I love to run too, but it is SO hard the heavier I get. I have a hard time saying no to donuts too...moderation is the key, right?!
  • lenniebus
    Options
    tamund67 wrote: »
    I'm Tammy and have yo-yo'd for all my life. I turned 49 in February and am tired of being fat and being fat makes me tired. I started January 14th and have lost 28 pounds so far. I count calories, exercise daily and wear my Fitbit religiously. I am looking forward to this challenge and new friends to motivate me. Please feel free to friend me!

28lbs is AWESOME :). I'm 46 and a yo-yo er as well...it seems I do well for a while, and then slip back into old patterns when life gets tough...
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Good morning Team Gutbusters! I'm Sherrie, 42 yr old retired (Navy) SAHM of 2 boys. I have yo-yo'd all my life. Last year I lost about 25 lbs on MFP, got a little overconfident and long story short gained most of it back. I have re-lost all but six pounds that will put me back where I left of last year and that is my first mini goal. I weigh every day because I have learned that it helps me know when my TOM is coming (in am NOT regular) I am trying to get on board with Fitbit week start of Sunday or Monday but I like weighing in on Friday or I can do Wednesday whatever y'all think!
    You'll be at your mini goal in no time! Hopefully this challenge helps, glad to have you on our team.

I go through times where I weigh almost every day. It's crazy how much my weight can fluctuate! Sometimes for good reason (too much salt/hormones), but sometimes there is no explanation. My graph looks like an EKG readout! :D But, I get to see the big trends over time.

• divamomof2
    divamomof2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Everyone has weighed in "AWESOME"
    Team Gutbusters Rock!!!