Team: Gutbusters

Options

Replies

• saturnina8
    saturnina8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone! My weigh-in day is listed as Tuesday on the spreadhseet and that's fine with me. I'll make a note to weigh-in and post in the appropriate threads.

Wishing you all a healthy/happy rest of the day.
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    saturnina8 wrote: »
    Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone! My weigh-in day is listed as Tuesday on the spreadhseet and that's fine with me. I'll make a note to weigh-in and post in the appropriate threads.

Wishing you all a healthy/happy rest of the day.

Hi Saturnina8. Tuesday was added because that was the day you were added to the team. If you weigh in another day it might make it easier for you if you use that day here too. That way it's easier to remember when to submit. Its your call. If you want it changed, let us know.

• saturnina8
    saturnina8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Serendipity, Tuesday is fine. Thanks!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Went to the mall today and DID NOT buy an Orange Julius nor any food. It's the little victories!
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    divamomof2 wrote: »
    Everyone has weighed in "AWESOME"
    Team Gutbusters Rock!!!

Awesomeness!! You guys know rock this out!

Hello everyone!! I am the team captain for Team Gutbusters so, if you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with me. I am always here to help.

I am so looking forward to our challenge. Let's all kiss those pounds goodbye forever as we continue down our journey of weight loss and transformation! If you are unsure of your weigh-in day, please check out the weekly weigh-in spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uoFwxTOoaJG-BGwQt_HRrJjm3zNg0K4jnx8fXe1_DLE/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=392177887

@saturnina8 @bex800 and everyone else on the team, if you need to change your day, please shoot me a message so we can update those ASAP.

Go Team Gutbusters!!

• bex800
    bex800 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks I see that is has been changed to the sat, will that work as it's the 9th? so will that be going into the following week?, I don't really have a usual weigh in day so I don't really mind if it makes things easier to have it on the Friday?
  • overw8gosk8
    Options
    Went to the mall today and DID NOT buy an Orange Julius nor any food. It's the little victories!

Great Job! One day at a time :)
  • overw8gosk8
    edited March 2016
    Options
    bex800 wrote: »
    Thanks I see that is has been changed to the sat, will that work as it's the 9th? so will that be going into the following week?, I don't really have a usual weigh in day so I don't really mind if it makes things easier to have it on the Friday?

@bex800 Your weigh in date for the week of April 1-8 would be Saturday, April 2nd. Then the second week it would be the 9th.

If you want to change it to Friday, let me know and I'll have @serendipity update it :)
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    New day, new month Gutbusters! I hope your month is starting off great.

I did a bulk cook with chicken, rice, and broccoli this morning. The yield was 10 meals ready for the freezer at 382 calories per meal. It's nice to have meals ready that I pre-weighed and measured.

Is everyone in our group calorie counting or do you follow some other plan? I count calories. :)
  • overw8gosk8
    Options
    New day, new month Gutbusters! I hope your month is starting off great.

I did a bulk cook with chicken, rice, and broccoli this morning. The yield was 10 meals ready for the freezer at 382 calories per meal. It's nice to have meals ready that I pre-weighed and measured.

Is everyone in our group calorie counting or do you follow some other plan? I count calories. :)

I count calories as well. I'm doing IF (intermittent fasting) 16/8 and have had tremendous success so far.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Happy to hear you found something you like! I've thought about trying the 5:2 diet, but haven't given it a go yet.
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I count calories and try to move some every day. I'm a Fitbit-er so 10,000 steps is my goal and I usually walk some of those as well as dance some (love you tube). With spring coming on I'm also trying to garden some and am finding that pulling well entrenched weeds is hard work!! Have a good weekend Gutbusters!
  • bex800
    Options
    Hi not sure where to post but weight this morning and was 132.lb
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I updated the spreadsheet with your weight @bex800. Fantastic loss! Keep it going! :smile:

For future: There is a weekly results thread where you'll post your weekly results. You'll find it under Announcements. Be sure you're watching the Results spreadsheet throughout the week too to keep tabs on how your team members are doing as well.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Morning all! I count calories and try to move some every day. I'm a Fitbit-er so 10,000 steps is my goal and I usually walk some of those as well as dance some (love you tube). With spring coming on I'm also trying to garden some and am finding that pulling well entrenched weeds is hard work!! Have a good weekend Gutbusters!
    Those sound like fun ways to be active! With my FitBit, it's neat to see how every little bit adds up. It keeps me motivated to move (most of the time :# ).
  • bex800
    Options
    I updated the spreadsheet with your weight @bex800. Fantastic loss! Keep it going! :smile:

For future: There is a weekly results thread where you'll post your weekly results. You'll find it under Announcements. Be sure you're watching the Results spreadsheet throughout the week too to keep tabs on how your team members are doing as well.

Thank you
  • overw8gosk8
    Options

I've been thinking about joining the fitbit craze. Hope your weekend was great!
  • overw8gosk8
    Options
    bex800 wrote: »
    Hi not sure where to post but weight this morning and was 132.lb

Great job!!
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hey Team Gutbusters! How was your weekend? Mine was good. I got to go on a date with my husband for the first time in like, a year! I was proud of myself because I MANAGED my calorie intake to include some alcohol for our night out and so didn’t exceed my calorie limit. I took my 13 yr old to the gym today but didn’t find time to walk the dog and haven’t hit my 10,000 steps yet. I may still manage to before I hit the rack tonight but I’m not stressing it.

Additionally I wanted to remind everyone that although our goal in this challenge is to drop some poundage this month, that the scale isn’t the only (or always the best) indicator of how well we are doing on our trek to better fitness/health. With that in mind I am going to post my measurements (taken on my weigh in day) to have a record for comparison at the end of the challenge. Also, I’m going to pick one goal and work on that this month to see another area of improvement.

Now, don’t laugh, I might have some places that I measure that seem weird but that work for my body type. For instance, I don’t measure my bust because I already know I’ll be down to an “A” cup before I’m done. Happens every time, so I measure at my bra strap line (below my ta-ta’s)!
    Neck: 13.75
    UB: 38.5 (under bust)
    Waist: 38 (narrowest point)
    BB: 43.5 (belly button)
    Pooch: 44.75 (bellow belly button but not hips)

Goal: Jog for 5 minutes straight

Well, there ya have it, I encourage you all to join me!
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I had a nice weekend, was great weather to get outside. Not going to get my 10,000 steps today but was still able to get in a nice walk and enjoyed meeting a sweet puppy(after I stopped freaking out that an unfamiliar dog was running at me full blast anyway) It may rain tomorrow but then should have sun for another week. Really strange for our area as we normally have more rain than this but if it lets me have to opportunity to walk I will not complain.

I just bought a Fitbit One about a month ago and love being able to see my steps on my phone and have it sync with the MFP app, tis good motivation for me to move as much as I can. My profile is here if anyone wants to friend me- https://www.fitbit.com/user/4D9DY9

4/03/2016 Measurements- I did this last month for the first time and can see that I have lost a bit in a couple places, though I hope it's not just because I measured differently this time. I may be measuring to many places but am curious to see how my body will change.

Neck 16
    Arm 13.5
    Bust 46
    UB 40
    Waist 42.5
    Pooch 48
    Hips 46
    Thigh 27
    1/2 above Knee 19.5
    Calf 17.5

On the success stories board there is a thread about favorite quotes. I love this one "It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs." - Jillian Michaels
    We are never going to be perfect, it's not possible for us. We can definitely put for the effort to change though.
    If you have one, What are your favorite quotes?