Team: Gutbusters

Options

Replies

• IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    @Sherriediva1 - Sounds like you made some great choices on your night out, well done! I agree that it's important to look at other measures of success. I have great scale weeks and then other weeks I swear the scale defies the laws of science. Weight can be so strange! I don't take measurements, but I have a pair of pants that I slip on sometimes to see if they fit yet. I'm getting close. :D

@tiggeray2000 - Happy to hear you saw some changes with your measurements. Your work is paying off, great job! I love the quote you shared. If I could remember quotes better I would share pass them on to you all, haha. Nice weather helps so much I find. Last week our weather was gorgeous and it was easy to be more active, lots of walks to the park with the kids. This week is going to be icky, which means more indoor time and treadmill time. Not as fun!
    - - -
    My goal this week: hit my step goal (8,000) every day for seven days straight

My official challenge weigh-in is tomorrow, I'm going to try to watch my salt today, but I've had a great week! I'm excited to be back to losing weight, this challenge was just the motivation I needed to get back on track.

Have a wonderful week everyone!
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I sent out reminders for those of you who are Weighing in tomorrow. You can submit your Weigh-ins here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10357183/week-1-weigh-in-results-submit-between-apr-2-apr-8#latest

Or go to the Week 1 weigh-in thread :)

I am so excited to see all our results. The spreadsheet is a really cool way to show that our dedication and hard work is paying off!

We got this ladies! Woo-hoo Go Team Gutbusters!
  • tamund67
    tamund67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a great weekend! I took off early Friday and had a movie date with my hubby. Snuck in Skinnypop and bottled water because I have to have popcorn at the movies! Saturday, I went to my niece's birthday party and managed to avoid both pizza(killer!) and birthday cake. Thank god there was a huge salad! Lots of yard work yesterday and exceeded my step goal both Saturday and Sunday.

I count calories, avoid processed foods/fast food. I also go to the gym 3-5 days a week. I recently started ChaLean Extreme workout program at home and LOVE it!

I only take my measurements once a month. As of 3/21, I've lost 17.5 inches total.
  • Shalynlink
    Shalynlink Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    tamund67 wrote: »
    I had a great weekend! I took off early Friday and had a movie date with my hubby. Snuck in Skinnypop and bottled water because I have to have popcorn at the movies! Saturday, I went to my niece's birthday party and managed to avoid both pizza(killer!) and birthday cake. Thank god there was a huge salad! Lots of yard work yesterday and exceeded my step goal both Saturday and Sunday.

I count calories, avoid processed foods/fast food. I also go to the gym 3-5 days a week. I recently started ChaLean Extreme workout program at home and LOVE it!

I only take my measurements once a month. As of 3/21, I've lost 17.5 inches total.

This is great!! Skinny pop - love it! Its super hard to avoid cake and parties but great job!!
  • Shalynlink
    Options
    Morning all! I count calories and try to move some every day. I'm a Fitbit-er so 10,000 steps is my goal and I usually walk some of those !

I wear my Garmin and the little thing controls my life! Good Job on the step count...

• Shalynlink
    Options
    H

Goal: Jog for 5 minutes straight

Well, there ya have it, I encourage you all to join me!

Great job- If you don't normally jog - just start with 1.5 minutes and gradually build up in 30 sec increments. If you are a runner - then have at it, you can do it..just slow down to hit your 5 minutes mark!!

• Shalynlink
    Options
    This weekend was a busy one and good. My daughter plays competitive softball so it was season opener (I am the manager / husband the coach) so lots to do. But I got my runs in - Sat- 15 km & Sun- 9 km hard trail run. I need to do more core work and actual arm workouts as I am super wimpy in my arms. I can do like 3 pushups- no joke.

Today is a rest day for me but calorie count is good (I find it very hard to stay under calories on rest days) Any advice on that is needed!!

Have a great Monday!
  • saturnina8
    saturnina8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Shalynlink wrote: »
    This weekend was a busy one and good. My daughter plays competitive softball so it was season opener (I am the manager / husband the coach) so lots to do. But I got my runs in - Sat- 15 km & Sun- 9 km hard trail run. I need to do more core work and actual arm workouts as I am super wimpy in my arms. I can do like 3 pushups- no joke.

Today is a rest day for me but calorie count is good (I find it very hard to stay under calories on rest days) Any advice on that is needed!!

Have a great Monday!

Congrats on your runs, Shalynlink. I am super impressed! I've been trying the C25K app on my phone to help train me to start jogging/running, but I am super lazy and unmotivated. Hopefully the weather will start cooperating in New England and we'll get a few months of Spring before the weather turns brutal. Perfect running weather.
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Gutbusters!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

vr5ui8d4gyml.jpg
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    What a great inspiration board @Serendipity0913 ! Thank you so much for hosting this challenge, you're well organized and on top of everything so quickly. I think I should take efficiency lessons from you. :D
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    @Shalynlink - Fantastic workouts!

I've never heard of SkinnyPop, but I've heard so many people mention it lately. I'm going to have to see if any stores carry it here.

Our weigh-ins are looking great, super work everyone! Team Gutbusters for the win!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    What a great inspiration board @Serendipity0913 ! Thank you so much for hosting this challenge, you're well organized and on top of everything so quickly. I think I should take efficiency lessons from you. :D

hahaha!! Some would call it OCD but let's go with your description...well organized sounds better LOL :wink: :smiley:
  • saturnina8
    saturnina8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Gutbusters!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

Wow, Serendipity0913. So very crafty! Great job by you and your kids. That is great motivation. :smiley:
  • overw8gosk8
    Options
    Hi Team Gutbusters!!

vr5ui8d4gyml.jpg

I am loving this too! I am a post-it note girl so I have lots of little inspirational quotes written on my gym wall. I think I might just have to steal your idea and run with it! :)
  • overw8gosk8
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Shalynlink wrote: »

Have a great Monday!

Great job on the runs! I have 3 in LL baseball so I understand having to be all over the place. I plan my rest day meal in advance. I pick out something that I want to eat and go buy the ingredients and prepare it so I have something to look forward to instead of mindlessly munching. If I know I'm going out with friends or family, I will place a calorie block aside, for example 800 calories for dinner + wine and I will enjoy my meal and spirits :) or whatever my calorie block is for.
  • overw8gosk8
    Options
    We are still waiting on weigh-ins from @GloriaE2016 @Triciasaunders5 @Shalynlink and @htebaram

Please post your weigh-in results here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10357183/week-1-weigh-in-results-submit-between-apr-2-apr-8#latest

You can also send me a message with your weight if you prefer.

Congratulations on your losses so far everyone! Looking gooooood!

Go Team Gutbusters!
  • GloriaE2016
    GloriaE2016 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a little late in posting but I've always been more of a lurker lol. I haven't don't the best the past couple days but somehow still managed to lose a pound. I hopefully will do better this week!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a little late in posting but I've always been more of a lurker lol. I haven't don't the best the past couple days but somehow still managed to lose a pound. I hopefully will do better this week!
    One pound is great!
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi Gutbusters! Well, turns out I set my Goal for the month a little low. I tried the jogging thing yesterday, after walking a bit first to warm up and managed 10 minutes!! Color me surprised
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Hi Gutbusters! Well, turns out I set my Goal for the month a little low. I tried the jogging thing yesterday, after walking a bit first to warm up and managed 10 minutes!! Color me surprised
    That's awesome, well done!