Bulletproof Coffee

Options
Curlieree
Curlieree Posts: 12 Member
Please share your recipes for amazing bulletproof coffee recipes.

Replies

• Curlieree
    Options
    Looking for the perfect bulletproof coffee recipe to start my day burning fat with fuel!
  • FitTonedTee
    FitTonedTee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hot coffee, 1 T MCT oil, 2 T coconut oil placed in Ninja. Sometimes add a little cocoa butter.
  • Curlieree
    Options
    Cocoa butter sounds interesting!
  • melodiclyrics
    melodiclyrics Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My success with cocoa butter hasn't been good, I don't feel like it blends as well as I want it to (of course, it may be the kind I have...)

Usually I use 1 Tbsp of Kerrygold grass-fed butter, and 2tbsp of XCT Oil (from bulletproofcoffee.com). XCT is just a MCT oil that is a higher concentrate than regular coconut oil. Sometimes I add a bit of sugar free coffee syrup. Blend it in a bullet-type blender.

I'm going to be ordering a different kind of MCT oil on Amazon soon, as nice as XCT was, it's expensive for how much you get.
  • Curlieree
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback @melodiclyrics. What brand of MCT oil will be switching to? I've never used it...always used coconut oil but I've heard that MCT oils are awesome. I'm going to look into it further. This article was insightful! https://www.bulletproofexec.com/what-is-mct-oil-vs-coconut-oil/.
  • melodiclyrics
    melodiclyrics Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try one by Viva labs, it's 18 dollars for 32 ounces, whereas the XCT oil was around 20 dollars for 16 ounces. I just think MCT is more convenient than trying to scoop out a tablespoon of coconut oil every morning. :)

Also, after thinking about it some more, cocoa butter could work, but you would have to have coffee that was extremely fresh. Since cocoa butter is solid at room temperature and doesn't melt as easily as coconut oil, it is harder to get the same frothy consistency (in my experience). I'm also not sure how cocoa butter works out as far as it's fat break down. Either way, it never hurts to experiment. There are lots of recipes out there for different varieties of BPC.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Grinding your beans right before will make a big difference. Also the pour over method. And blend it in the blender. Also makes a difference.
  • Curlieree
    Options
    I picked up NOW foods brand of MCT oil at my local health food store after looking at a few YouTube videos and reading the reviews on Amazon. It's only been two day and I have an increased sense of energy and I feel thermogenic (hot) from drinking it. I like the convenience of the liquid oil as opposed to a lump of coconut oil although I use my Ninja still to get that frothy latte consistency. Cheer to MCT oil!!!
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I aim to have this every morning.... it's a great start to the work day
    10ml single cream
    1 teaspoon Blue Coconut coconut oil (comes in a tub)
    2 teaspoons Mainland Natural butter
    Large coffee out of the expresso machine we have in our kitchen at work.
    Then I whisk the hell out of it!! No blender :-P
    Back to my desk... bliss
  • bmgilst
    bmgilst Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How does this do as far as keeping you guys full? Is this basicall your breakfast?
  • sweetsbst
    sweetsbst Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hot coffee, 1 T MCT oil, 2 T coconut oil placed in Ninja. Sometimes add a little cocoa butter.

Your hot coffee doesn't spew out of your Ninja? I tried this, but made a mess.
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bmgilst wrote: »
    How does this do as far as keeping you guys full? Is this basicall your breakfast?

Keeps me full until lunch time. Yes, I treat it as breakfast.
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I experimented with BPC for about a week and my version just makes me more hungry. I find if I drink regular coffee I can wait longer to eat. I'll have to try some of these recipes and see if they make a difference, otherwise I'll probably just stay away from it.

I've been using: Coffee, 1 Tbsp coconut oil, 2 Tbsp heavy cream. Sometimes I add stevia, cinnamon and pure vanilla extract.
  • bobbies1993
    bobbies1993 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    All you need is

coffee
    1 tablespoon MCT oil or coconut oil
    1 tablespoon kerygold butter

that is it. I add cinnamon. yummy
  • bobbies1993
    bobbies1993 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try one by Viva labs, it's 18 dollars for 32 ounces, whereas the XCT oil was around 20 dollars for 16 ounces. I just think MCT is more convenient than trying to scoop out a tablespoon of coconut oil every morning. :)

Also, after thinking about it some more, cocoa butter could work, but you would have to have coffee that was extremely fresh. Since cocoa butter is solid at room temperature and doesn't melt as easily as coconut oil, it is harder to get the same frothy consistency (in my experience). I'm also not sure how cocoa butter works out as far as it's fat break down. Either way, it never hurts to experiment. There are lots of recipes out there for different varieties of BPC.

I use Viva it is great.
  • kmilligan69
    kmilligan69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Coffee- 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoon heavy cream and either sugar free vanilla syrup or cinnamon. I blend with an immersion blender. Its so creamy and yummy!
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I recently started making BP London Fog's. Very nice change.
    2 Earl Grey Tea Bags
    1TBSP Coconut Oil
    2 TBSP HWC
    0.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
    Stevia
  • ShelJomfp
    ShelJomfp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    BPC just doesn't do the magical things for me I hear others rave about. Butter in my coffee or tea makes me wretch so I started off Keto with coffee and heavy cream and that worked for awhile but left me bloated.

Currently my daily coffee is:
    • 6 oz French Roast coffee
    • 2 T organic half and half
    Whirred with immersion blender or in the Ninja* (because the aeration just adds that little something). And, this is all I need until around 11 am, up to 2 pm.

This morning I added 1 T of MCT oil, expecting a brain boost and to be even more satiated but, nope, I actually got hungry sooner, like within an hour! I'm going to keep experimenting though.

*I slot the cup and then turn the Ninja upside down and press on it to blend. Doing it this way means I have absolutely no spillage and it makes the blade easier to twist off too.
  • daeta
    daeta Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My version is simple and affordable. I personally don't buy into the "special" oils stuff.

So my keto coffee is just 2 cups brewed coffee, just under .25 cup heavy cream, a tablespoon of coconut oil, and salt to taste. This is definitely enough calories to be a whole meal. I start drinking it when my stomach starts rumbling in the morning (usually around the time I'm on my way to work) and it keeps me full for 4+ hours.

I originally started adding salt to my coffee, because I desperately needed more sodium. I was trying to find ways to sneak it into my diet. Now, I absolutely LOVE the added salt, and I highly recommend trying it... just start small. It takes the bitterness out, plus the added sodium makes me feel so much better through my morning. I like creamy coffee which is why I spend so many calories on the heavy cream. The oil is for fat intake and to satiate hunger.