Bulletproof Coffee

Options
2»

Replies

• NoWeigh8
    NoWeigh8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is my first post to this group, which is my first group on MyFitnessPal's community. I prefer to use the Bulletproof Brain Octane, as it is more agreeable with my stomach, rather than MCT or coconut oil. It costs a little more, but I believe it is worth the extra. I typically add a TBS (15 ml) of the Brain Octane to 8-10 oz of hot coffee, along with a TBS of organic Ghee/clarified butter (which tastes and has the consistency of soft caramel), and unsweetened cocoa powder. I don't sweeten it, as it seems sweet enough to me, but I might add a TBS of Kerrygold butter, if I am in the mood, which has a sweet cream taste. However, I then do something that I feel is really important: I add about 2 grams of magnesium citrate powder (as a great supplement for anyone who is not eating tons of veggies) and good quality collagen powder, which is almost like a non-dairy creamer. If not too hungry, I try to wait a while before eating anything to enjoy the lift from this cup!
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    NoWeigh8 wrote: »
    This is my first post to this group, which is my first group on MyFitnessPal's community. I prefer to use the Bulletproof Brain Octane, as it is more agreeable with my stomach, rather than MCT or coconut oil. It costs a little more, but I believe it is worth the extra. I typically add a TBS (15 ml) of the Brain Octane to 8-10 oz of hot coffee, along with a TBS of organic Ghee/clarified butter (which tastes and has the consistency of soft caramel), and unsweetened cocoa powder. I don't sweeten it, as it seems sweet enough to me, but I might add a TBS of Kerrygold butter, if I am in the mood, which has a sweet cream taste. However, I then do something that I feel is really important: I add about 2 grams of magnesium citrate powder (as a great supplement for anyone who is not eating tons of veggies) and good quality collagen powder, which is almost like a non-dairy creamer. If not too hungry, I try to wait a while before eating anything to enjoy the lift from this cup!

Hi, I like the taste of butter in coffee too. I was about to order collagen again and I've read some reviews that it might cause dangerous clotting? Did you research anything about the safety of collagen? I'd really like to continue taking it.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    daeta wrote: »
    My version is simple and affordable. I personally don't buy into the "special" oils stuff.

So my keto coffee is just 2 cups brewed coffee, just under .25 cup heavy cream, a tablespoon of coconut oil, and salt to taste. This is definitely enough calories to be a whole meal. I start drinking it when my stomach starts rumbling in the morning (usually around the time I'm on my way to work) and it keeps me full for 4+ hours.

I originally started adding salt to my coffee, because I desperately needed more sodium. I was trying to find ways to sneak it into my diet. Now, I absolutely LOVE the added salt, and I highly recommend trying it... just start small. It takes the bitterness out, plus the added sodium makes me feel so much better through my morning. I like creamy coffee which is why I spend so many calories on the heavy cream. The oil is for fat intake and to satiate hunger.

I think himalayan salt tastes great. Try also adding some cocoa. It becomes like moccha. Do you keep a keto diet the rest of the day? It's very hard for me to stay motivated on a limited vegetables and fruits diet, but I try to not eat those until much later in the day. So from bedtime to morning+coffee+ several hours I don't eat carbs. I'm wondering if this still has benefits of more fat loss.
  • raynalisa
    raynalisa Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use 12oz of coffee, 1 tbsp mct, 2 tbsp hwc, a pinch of pink salt and no salt and as I blend with my milk frother, I pour in a beaten egg. I use the demon liquid splenda to sweeten.