April chat

Options
2»

Replies

• CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    sharondtd wrote: »
    My whole post after the first sentence disappeared!

Blame the tarragon.

:p
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    The starters have perked up, well fed now and in the fridge to get a bit mellowed, I like a deep, rich sour taste in sourdough breads. I should be able to do a bread in a week or so with
    either one.

Watch out tarragon can take over the garden if you are not careful with it. I love it on fish or chicken. Great addition to a simple garden salad as well.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Ooh. Sourdough bread. I love it. My husband hates it. He's going to CA to see his mom for 5 days so.. guess what I'm going to buy. :)
    I didn't know that about tarragon; I know mint can take over. Not that I have a garden, as such.

My first Irises bloomed today. Of course, we have a storm heading this way, so they will probably get flattened. It happens every year.

km2xvet8267e.jpg
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Beautiful. We have the paler purple ones that won't bloom til Memorial Day weekend. I did notice my neighbor has some planted right against a south facing bricked area of her home
    and hers are blooming now. We have snow/rain headed here today and tomorrow. Our tulips will get the brunt of that.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I'm having one of these type weeks:

sq72ogu75ygf.jpg
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I just completed my journal for the first time this month! I have been soooo far off track! I have started a new gluten free/vegan personal cookbook and am printing recipes and entering them there and here. I am learning gluten free cooking one recipe at a time and have found some amazing blogs. I am trying to get geared up for May. Unfortunately I am getting steroid injections in my wrists first week of May. Steroids make me HUNGRY, but I have to just do this one day at a time.

I actually found a group of vertical vegetable gardeners that has people from around the world. I have been working on designing a garden that is made from a wooden frame and plastic juice bottles. We are so close to the ocean that our back yard is pretty much sand. I am surprised the trees and grass grow! I have to wipe off the dogs feet when they come in or we would have an indoor beach! I have my husband drinking away to empty the juice bottles I want! lol In the meantime, I have six bags of organic soil that I have tossed on the ground and slit across the top and then planted in. I have tomatoes, peppers, squash and cantaloupe growing. I grow herbs out front because the dogs would eat them. This is my first adventure in actual organic gardening so we will see how it goes.

I am back up to 6000 steps. During my study time I was down to about 3000! Time to get back in the groove!
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi DreamOn145. I see you are working on saving some gluten-free recipes. I don't know if you have ever come upon the site Skinny Taste http://www.skinnytaste.com/about/. She tries to take recipes and come up with lower-fat versions. But she also has many that are gluten-free. Other entrees are vegetarian, crockpot etc. She always gives nutritional info, and has worked each recipe out into Weight Watchers points. I have tried several of her recipes. You might find some things of interest there. Good luck.