So glad you're all here!

Options
2»

Replies

• Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd mention that even though I know losing weight isn't always the most important thing, in my case it is. In order to keep myself motivated & sticking to a plan, I set up some dire consequences if I don't reach my weight-loss goal. I also set up some pretty sweet rewards :-D
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Wakey618. I'm having success as a net carber and under 50g per day. I'll send a friend invite.
  • Wakey618
    Options
    How do I find out the sugar alcohols in a food? I've checked many labels and all they say are sugar grams.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If there are sugar alcohols, it's listed separately.
    Anything listed as sugar is either natural or added sugar.
    You're only going to find sugar alcohols on sugar free candy and products like that.
  • Wakey618
    Options
    You're only going to find sugar alcohols on sugar free candy and products like that.

Thanks. I'm trying not to get discouraged over my misunderstanding, and my purchase of a lot of food using the wrong net carb calculation. :(:s
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Wakey618 wrote: »

Thanks. I'm trying not to get discouraged over my misunderstanding, and my purchase of a lot of food using the wrong net carb calculation. :(:s

I don't count sugar alcohol if I only have 1-3 servings per day, spread out over the day. Otherwise I count them. The only time I got knocked out of Keto was after I over consumed a lot of sugar alcohol in one day - like 15 or 20 servings! Lesson learned!

Sugar alcohol includes Stevia and erythritol, but they are natural so I only use these.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options

Even if you didn't happen to buy foods as low carb as you originally planned, I bet they're still lower than your previous diet. It's ok. Go ahead and do your best with what you've got and you can make adjustments in the next shopping trip. It's a learning process. This won't be the last time something doesn't go quite as planned. That's ok. It's more important to stay on track, figure out how to make the most of it and keep your chin up. What you learn from goofs along the way is very valuable. Don't let it get you down. You can still get started on your journey and tweek it as you go.
  • Wakey618
    Options

Even if you didn't happen to buy foods as low carb as you originally planned, I bet they're still lower than your previous diet. It's ok. Go ahead and do your best with what you've got and you can make adjustments in the next shopping trip. It's a learning process. This won't be the last time something doesn't go quite as planned. That's ok. It's more important to stay on track, figure out how to make the most of it and keep your chin up. What you learn from goofs along the way is very valuable. Don't let it get you down. You can still get started on your journey and tweek it as you go.

Thank you (((hugs)))
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    The advice that's been popular for years now, to shop primarily around the outside aisles of the grocery store, applies well for this way of eating too. If you get most of your foods from the produce, butcher and dairy sections (if you eat dairy) you'll be well on your way to a healthy low carb diet.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    The advice that's been popular for years now, to shop primarily around the outside aisles of the grocery store, applies well for this way of eating too. If you get most of your foods from the produce, butcher and dairy sections (if you eat dairy) you'll be well on your way to a healthy low carb diet.

So true! The only thing I need to venture into the aisles for is coffee and spices. Lol
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I love grocery shopping now! Quick, in and out! No more fighting through the aisles! The slugs around the hwc do still bug me though! ;)