I'm scared to talk to people...

Options
2»

Replies

• cedarsidefarm
    cedarsidefarm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Amonia scented breath is more an indicator of high protein intake. Exhaled ketones actually smell kind of sweet, but in an acidic way. A little more like scented nail polish.... Lol[/quote]

Oh my scented nail polish.. I smelled that the other day when the wind was whipping in my face. I blamed my neighbor for using chemicals to clean his grill. It may have been me.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    You know you have Ketobreath when....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSDqb-R58Es

.... even your cat runs away.

:s

That's too funny, when I'm keto my cat tries to stick her nose in my mouth, I get the sweet kind of keto breath with metallic taste. She's like my own personal ketometer.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Amonia scented breath is more an indicator of high protein intake. Exhaled ketones actually smell kind of sweet, but in an acidic way. A little more like scented nail polish.... Lol

Oh my scented nail polish.. I smelled that the other day when the wind was whipping in my face. I blamed my neighbor for using chemicals to clean his grill. It may have been me. [/quote]

I get what I call ammonia nose, only I can smell it and feel it, only happens when I'm ultra low carb and exercise, it sucks and I try to keep carbs a bit higher to avoid it. I've tried waiting it out thinking eventually it'd go away, but for weeks it did not
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Amonia scented breath is more an indicator of high protein intake. Exhaled ketones actually smell kind of sweet, but in an acidic way. A little more like scented nail polish.... Lol

Oh my scented nail polish.. I smelled that the other day when the wind was whipping in my face. I blamed my neighbor for using chemicals to clean his grill. It may have been me.

I get what I call ammonia nose, only I can smell it and feel it, only happens when I'm ultra low carb and exercise, it sucks and I try to keep carbs a bit higher to avoid it. I've tried waiting it out thinking eventually it'd go away, but for weeks it did not[/quote]

I gave it go for 4mths and it never got any better :sad:
  • auntstephie321
    Options

I get what I call ammonia nose, only I can smell it and feel it, only happens when I'm ultra low carb and exercise, it sucks and I try to keep carbs a bit higher to avoid it. I've tried waiting it out thinking eventually it'd go away, but for weeks it did not

I gave it go for 4mths and it never got any better :sad:[/quote]

I know, it's awful I even went to my dr and they thought it was a sinus infection. but every time I go ultra low carb it comes right back, I don't mind the smell but the burning sensation in my sinuses is no good, like I don't even want to breath through my nose. I still get it from time to time that's how I know if I'm producing more ketones.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

I gave it go for 4mths and it never got any better :sad:

I know, it's awful I even went to my dr and they thought it was a sinus infection. but every time I go ultra low carb it comes right back, I don't mind the smell but the burning sensation in my sinuses is no good, like I don't even want to breath through my nose. I still get it from time to time that's how I know if I'm producing more ketones.[/quote]

I'm sure it comes through in my posts that I'm incredibly bitter and annoyed with this problem! Other than this, I loved keto/low carb. My weight loss has come to a screeching halt since I've upped my carbs.. heeeelllllooo cravings, which have returned with a vengeance :(
  • Parfumista
    Parfumista Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's too funny, when I'm keto my cat tries to stick her nose in my mouth, I get the sweet kind of keto breath with metallic taste. She's like my own personal ketometer.

My dog is the same, she probably thinks I've eaten something delicious without sharing.
    Comparing my keto breath (sweet) to my brother's breath when he's had nothing but a protein shake, I think keto breath isn't that bad. No complaints so far and my mother and brother would definitively tell me if it was bad.

Using a tongue cleaner and drinking loads of water helps imho.