very low exercise

Options
jmzz1
jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
Due to neuropathy in my legs and hands I cant do much of cardio and strength training I workoit for 5 days in a week for one hout doing very very slow cycling or body weight exercise.
I cant go for swimming since I do not have access to one

My weight has increased 7kgs over one year. I am 5'5" tall and weigh 81 kgs, never in my life I have been so heavy
I cant go very low carb here since any sort of meat is not freely available in my area.
I try to consume bitter guord after every meal to reduce insulin spike
I am not on any medication due to some skin allergies

Please give any suggestions to reduce my weight. .. Any sort of advise or info would be appreciated

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    You don't have to have only meat to do low carb, as long as you have access to eggs and full fat dairy, etc. Even tinned/pouched meats can help. Avocados, mayo, etc. are great sources of fats. Olives, too.

I don't work out at all. I wish i could do more.

For the neuropathy, have you tried supplementing B12 + B-Complex - and getting Boron in? I know I developed a small bit of neuropathy/nerve damage from B12 deficiencies that started from taking birth control pills, then escalated with Metformin. I'm still trying to recover, but sadly, the damage seems permanent at this point.

I do walking when I can, or "bathroom exercises" (short sets I can do each time I go, etc.).

If you're already doing most of this, I would focus on increasing your water consumption AND your sleep...those are critical, too.

Good luck and healing to you.
  • jmzz1
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Egg yolk are white in color so I am assuming it to be the result of hormone injection, thas why I am a bit skeptical in taking such eggs.

Meat of any kind is banned in my area and do not get avocados .I Occasionally do indulge in olives since they are really salty

I had taken b12 , vit D and many other multivitamin but since I have had it for some time I was advised to go medicine free for sometime.
    How do you know ur neuropathy is permanent? Which part of ur body is effected by neuropathy?

I do have lots if water due to tropical climate and have a good sleep since IDo not work
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Argh. I just typed out a whole message, then accidentally closed the tab without posting.

B12 and all B vitamins are critical to nerve health. So many other things interfere with absorption.

This tells why we need Boron. www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

Most of the world is deficient in magnesium due to soil depletion.

White yolks to me indicates lack of nutrition for whatever reason. Maybe something like Whole 30 would work? Not my area of knowledge.

Focusing on healing your gut with fermented foods and probiotics might help too.

Let us know what country you're in and others might have better ideas.

My neuropathy is mostly in my hands and thumbs. I've lost a lot of strength and dexterity. Opening anything is a giant pain!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Most neuropathy is thought to be permanent if not caught early enough. I've been treating with B12 for about 2 years, and no real improvement in those nerves. Reduced conflicting meds, too...
  • jmzz1
    Options
    I am from south india .
    I have neuropathy both in my hands as well as legs , so it is tough for me to do any sort of exercise
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    jmzz1 wrote: »
    I am from south india .
    I have neuropathy both in my hands as well as legs , so it is tough for me to do any sort of exercise

So, can you do things like yoga, the moves that don't have you on hands and feet? Like stretching/movement stuff on your back or stomach? I'm just curious.

I don't have personal experience with India, but there are a few people from India who do more of a vegetarian based low carb plan, if you're wondering how it can be done. Most of the folks I know in that area are in one of these two groups.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

And me personally, aside from intermittently doing my PT exercises, I do nothing other than some walking, so if you can find ways to balance out your diet, even with veggie/based stir fries and dishes, it might help... But I don't know...

Hopefully someone else can chime in with more info. @Dragonwolf - do you have any suggestions?
  • jmzz1
    Options
    Thanks for the link. .
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Here's more good information...

Is it possible to be an LCHF vegetarian?

Yes, by eating a high-fat version – by including nuts, avocados, dairy and other safe oils, like olive oil. But please, no “vegetable” (seed) oils as these are highly toxic. The problem for vegetarians and vegans is if they are insulin-resistant, their high-carbohydrate vegan or vegetarian diets could cause weight gain and worsen insulin resistance with time.

Great article and explanation - http://foodmed.net/2016/04/18/noakes-the-idiots-guide-to-lchf-and-banting/