5"8 what is your goal weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    LW3380 wrote: »
    Geez i feel like I'm a heifer compared to all of your goal weights...

Not at all! If anything I'm in your boat, I'm 5' 7.7" currently about 165lbs (11st 11lbs) just now, aiming get to 154lbs (11st) I've been this weight before and know it looks best for me, any slimmer and I look ill.

There is no freaking way I could get to 135. And honestly I think I'd look horrible at that low a weight at 5'8". I guess it depends on your body type.
  • azkabanned
    azkabanned Posts: 79 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    172cm and 133lb, trying to get back to 120-123lb by eating healthier and cleaner, and exercise (I haven't in about 8 years). I would not mind gaining some muscle lbs after I shed the excess fat.

I'm a month in and have made very little progress in weight despite eating a lot cleaner and less... I was this weight when I was binging on cheesecake, KFC and sushi rice, and am this weight now eating decent portions salmon and broccoli.

I'm a little hesitant with the myfitnesspal forums because of how it sometimes stresses a very meticulous and tedious process. I do not want my lifestyle to involve weighing every egg, banana and piece of steak. If I buy a 1kg pack of steak, I think it's accurate enough to split them into four 250g servings and log them as so.

I'm told it's very hard to lose weight at the low end of healthy BMI range though, so I have to give it some time. I thought I'd be 128lb-ish by now but nope.
  • wildthingsmom
    wildthingsmom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and 140 lbs. I'd like to get to 135, which I used to be. You wouldn't think 5 lbs would be that hard but I'm 47 ugh.. it's so much harder now! Would love to have gain some friends who are in this age bracket and with similar weight goals.. Please add me! (I'm a little new to the MYF community and not sure how to do it)
  • bbaumgardner72
    bbaumgardner72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and I can't believe I'm 158! Yikes. For me I feel the most healthy at 145. I'm 45 and I agree with others that it's harder the older you get, but I'm determined. I love to exercise, but eating well not so much. Today is day one on here again. I want to stay positive and I figure I have to start somewhere! Happy to be part of this community.
  • Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’6” and at my lightest drop dead skinny I weighed 126 (20 yrsold). I’m 47 now and I agree with the other women in my age group I wouldn’t look healthy at 126 now. I’ve always had a lot of muscle and have a lot more now than I did at 20. My goal is 135. I’m 143 now. I think that keeping 10 pounds will be kinder on my face. Lol it’s strange to be so attached to a stupid number. I’m actually really happy with the way I look now after losing 25 pounds, but have gotten fixated on how I will look in a swimsuit. Which is silly since I barely go to the beach in the summer anyway. I guess it would be nice feel super confident. I’m having a goal weight crisis—can you tell? Lol
  • RJ2james
    RJ2james Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I m 5'9. My goal weight is 150. I have been over 200 pounds at my highest and I am currently at my lowest weight since before high school. I still have over 30 pounds to go and my body is very reactive to what I do so I bounce up and down a lot. I just started a 12-week weight loss program I found for myself so we will see how it goes!
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread has been so interesting to me. I'm 5'8" and at my highest I was 155 pounds. I am not a curvy woman, so at that weight I was pushing into a size 10. I wasn't considered medically overweight but I certainly wasn't lean either. I am happiest around 125 pounds personally (size 2-4), I start looking too thin now around 120 so I make sure to not let myself drop below 123. I will say that I can understand wanting a little more weight as you get older, I am 29 now and I am noticing more facial differences as I get older when I drop too low, when I was younger dipping down to 118 looked nice but now my face starts looking a bit more hallow if I go that low.
  • ramurray8
    ramurray8 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Agreed, interesting thread! I love seeing the differences that 5'8" can be. I'm 38, currently at 141 (down from 147) and aiming for 130/135. I'm small chested, normal butt/legs, and tend to carry my weight in my tummy. Everything says that's the worst spot to carry weight, and I would agree. I have a family history of diabetes that I'm trying to avoid, along with a muffin top I'd like to get rid of ;) Friend me if you're inclined! I'm finding it really helpful this time with MFP.
  • Starflight00
    Starflight00 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ramurray8 wrote: »
    Agreed, interesting thread! I love seeing the differences that 5'8" can be. I'm 38, currently at 141 (down from 147) and aiming for 130/135. I'm small chested, normal butt/legs, and tend to carry my weight in my tummy. Everything says that's the worst spot to carry weight, and I would agree. I have a family history of diabetes that I'm trying to avoid, along with a muffin top I'd like to get rid of ;) Friend me if you're inclined! I'm finding it really helpful this time with MFP.

I've sent you a request. :) Sounds like we're facing same challenges: weight in tummy and eating out during weekends (so difficult to track those...).
  • xxmicheeelle
    xxmicheeelle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 17 and I weight about 143 right now, just trying to loose that fat and get lean so I guess I'll be staying in this weight range or gain even a little
  • chai_masala
    chai_masala Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 155ish... My goal weight is 145 I guess. I've never gotten below that. Stomach/lovehandle fat are my problems.
  • kellyrichardson71404
    Options
    Im 5'8 and currently weigh in at 175 with my aim to get to 143 and then see how I go....so far lost 17lbs but progress is slow because of thyroid issues and a recent operation to my back which means no more running for me...just got a personal trainer to help so hoping this will speed things up a little.
  • jaspreetkm
    jaspreetkm Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I am 5'8" and currently at 157 lbs and my goal weight is 150 lbs. I have a big frame and I don't think so I can weigh lower than 150 lbs. My struggle is to loose fat around waist and love handles are not so lovely :|
  • springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    How did you ladies get so tall?

My thoughts exactly! lol I'm 5'5". 42 years old. And just under 200 lbs. The heaviest I've ever been. I hate it. But I also hate obsessing about it every day. :(

I'd like to be 135-145 lbs.
  • beccas27
    beccas27 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    5’2. Currently 148. Want to lose 8 more pounds but want to tone up my booty,thighs and stomach areas
  • Kilowren
    Kilowren Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be 130-35. The lowest I've been before is 143, where I was quite happy with my shape, but still had big arms and lower stomach. If I can't maintain a lower weight, then 143 and regular exercise should be fine too...