Anyone here living with a significant other making it hard to learn and live healthier?

Options
13»

Replies

• purduboilr
    purduboilr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    comtngal16 wrote: »
    It's hard for sure when our significant other chooses not to eat the way we do. I'm doing it for myself and although I wish my husband would do it with me, he has to make that commitment for himself. It took news from the doctor to pull myself together and make the commitment to eat healthy for me. Having just finished the Advocare 24-Day Challenge which was extremely difficult but it changed my lifestyle of eating and having joined a fit club and am seeing results just in 30 days. We also have two teens which makes it even more difficult but I cook healthy meals and if the three of them don't like it, I tell them to make their own. They usually end up eating and often times liking what I made. We can all do it - it will take more commitment on our part but we must do it for ourselves.

This is my approach too. I buy the groceries and plan our meals, although he does the grilling. Sometimes we have different side items, sometimes not. I do not make 2 separate meals and ask him to at least try some of my healthier eating. He goes out to lunch nearly every day, and that is his time to eat whatever he wants. I guess I'm very fortunate that while he doesn't always eat what I eat, he respects my dedication to feeling better (I have hashimoto's) and my 'weird' eating, and generally doesn't bring home junk food. I do buy him a bag or two of his favorite chips that are gluten filled, knowing I can't eat them.

• sctf75
    sctf75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I were just talking about this- he's actually pretty supporting and will eat whatever. He's military so he appreciates the healthy cooking and when I weight less, he does too, lol. However, i'm a feeder (and told I'm a good cook), and he is all for being fed, so we need to work on that part of our relationship- find other ways to express our love. He's gone right now, so I am able to eat simply and healthfully if I want (and I am, THIS TIME)... We are talking and strategizing on how we can be healthier together when he gets back. heck, he agreed to try my quinoa pizza crust, so maybe will be ok...