Like Mind Lushes May 2016

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I love getting food prep done on the weekends Kate. I'm the same. If I don't at least plan ahead (I meal plan before I grocery shop) we are likely to just go out. And drink. And spend money...... We eat most meals out on weekends, so I try to cook Sunday - at least Wednesday, sometimes Thursday.

I drank a lot over the weekend. Saturday I drank most of a bottle of wine, I think a cider, and I had one cocktail, made another and put it in the fridge and went to bed. Saturday we went to a festival and had a couple beers, then friends unexpectedly came in town so we had a drink, walked to dinner, and drank a lot more ciders in the hot tub. Yesterday was gorgeous so we put the kids in the stroller and rolled around for about 5 hours, which included stopping for a beer and appetizer. Then I had 3 ciders while smoking meat. I'm ready for the long weekend this weekend; they always go by too quickly.

Eric said something about not drinking till Thursday. We'll see. It's going to be really nice and we're grilling steaks tomorrow. But my liver could use a break.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I got a lot done for me this weekend. I didn't over drink I just steady drank. Since my birthday if Friday I am giving myself a week long pass. Why not? I deserve it!!

Way to go Kitty. It always feels great to accomplish goals even the little ones.

My goal this week is to relish the fact that I am going to be 56 years young on Friday and the miracle of having a functioning liver. :laugh:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I drank too much Saturday at the party. The son wanted to do a Tequila shot before we left (who am I to say no to my son?) Had 2 vodkas and probably a bottle of wine. Didn't get to bed until after 2am...that's the part I think that really does me in at my age. Just can't party all night anymore.
    0 yesterday but ate everything in sight as I was tired and hungover. Don't even want to see the scale.
    Shooting for 0's til Thursday then it's 5 days in Laguna Beach with the family and all the cousins. I'm going to pace myself there. Or that's what I'm telling myself ;)
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Shots of tequila....YUMMY but OUCHY at the same time!!!!

Friday-we had two drinks before dinner, 2 glasses of wine and a espresso martini at dinner, then 1 or 2 after...I don't remember but wasn't super hammered.
    Saturday-we went for an awesome hike, then ran some errands...with a lunch/beer pit stop. Then beer, then wine, then cocktail, then TRASHED!!!! We went to bed early so I didn't feel too bad Sunday.
    Sunday-I cooked from 8:30 to about 3pm. Had a few cocktails while doing it. Then we went to the beach for a bit, 4 coronas (which basically don't count :laugh:) and then 2 cocktails before bed.

Maybe some wine tonight. I slept like poopy last night but I feel pretty decent today, so....yeah that's good :wink:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I got a 0. Luckily Eric is not feeling well, because I was going to have a cocktail if he wanted to. Not sure about tonight. It's gorgeous again and we've got those steaks to grill..... I slept a solid uninterrupted 8 hours last night. It was amazing.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Doug is acting like a 5 year old. I think he is jealous of my daughter. When she got here ee started talking and didn't stop. He stomped off to bed early and hasn't spoken to me since. All I can say is "Grow Up!"
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Oh dear Robin. I did get a funny visual of a grown man stomping off to bed tho :D

Ok I think I just need to give up on the idea of any 0's this week. We are all in holiday mode already. The son isn't working and his buddies have been gathering at our house. Last night they showed up with whiskey and asked me to do a shot with them. Speaking of acting like a kid! I certainly know how to say no..but apparently I still think I'm in my 20s and can party like them. I had already had wine..about 3/4 a bottle plus the shot. I feel ok this morning.
    My new goal is to manage calories and get some exercise to offset any drinking. Hopefully the scale won't hate me by next week.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Everyone is so festive - except Doug it seems!!

I have been dealing with some facial pain and what I thought was swelling - turns out, she thinks I have a mild form of Bell's palsy. I've started some gabapentin to calm that stupid nerve. I am sure it's all from stress from this past year. I have not seen the side effects of the gaba and really don't want to know either. It will tell me not to drink the booze or operate heavy machinery I am sure.

I am in a walk/run challenge for the year. I have to do 1008 miles total. I have to say that it has not really helps my weight; so, I will need to get some zero's.

Syd - love that you did a shot with the boys!!

Monday - Just under 3 beers
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - drinking
    Saturday - Boy's graduation and celebratory drinking
    Sunday - Work

Total: 3'ish
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0 :noway: that might have been my second since before Christmas.....MIGHT have been can't remember :laugh:
    I had so much trouble sleeping though!!!
    Not sure about tonight, might try for another zero, might have some wine???
    Should go for a walk tonight, since we didn't get up to work out this morning......should :wink:

I am super excited for the long weekend. We are going camping at Haleakala. Sunset, star gazing, and sunrise!!!! Can't wait!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hey I got a 0!! I was having allergy issues yesterday and was afraid I was coming down with something worse so I took it easy and went to bed early. Feel great this morning. :)
    Laundry and packing today. May have some wine...Altho that 0 felt great. Maybe I'll try for another.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Monday - Just under 3 beers
    Tuesday - 2 - 20'ish Moose Drool
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - drinking
    Saturday - Boy's graduation and celebratory drinking
    Sunday - Work

Total: 4'ish

Tonight must be a ZERO!!

Day of hell at work...but, I was contacted for a phone interview today at a local surgical center.

Off to baseball game and walking there in the beautiful sunshine.

• kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-3oz vodka on the rocks and 6oz of wine
    Wednesday-I could use a few :wink:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Yesterday was national wine day. As a lush, I celebrated properly.
    My goal is to not completely go crazy with the drinking in Laguna Beach, not kill my crazy cousin and to get in some walking/exercise on the beach.
    Wish me luck!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 2 small glasses of wine and a beer
    Wed - 3 glasses of wine and 2 ciders
    Thurs - going to try for a 0

I'm finding this week when I drink I wake up anxious in the middle of the night. Not fun. My goal is 0 tonight and not plan anything and keep it moderate tomorrow. Saturday we have a friend's 40th birthday party, but will have our kids and it's across the river, so we'll be leaving early-ish. Sunday will be festivating and drinking. Probably some grilling and drinking Monday too.
  • kblue2007
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Syd, have a great trip!!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-3oz vodka on the rocks and 6oz wine
    Wednesday-2 3oz pours of whisky on the rocks
    Thursday-margaritas.....2-3????

Lenny started his new job with the state today....my house husband is gone!!!! Guess I have to go back to washing dishes and cleaning again :cry: :laugh:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I have been very lushy and not getting to the gym very often the last 2 weeks. Although I'm pleased I managed a 0 yesterday. My aunt passed away last Monday so I have been planning the funeral with my sisters as we are the closest family and my mum isn't able to manage it on her own. I've decided until after the funeral on 6th June anything goes and I'm not going to give myself a hard time about drinking
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 3
    Wed - 5
    Thurs - 0

2 0's in one week! I'm drinking tonight. Work has been so busy. And it's gorgeous outside. Stupid work interfering with slacking.... My boss is on vacation and everything! I should be drinking beer on a patio somewhere....
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-3oz vodka on the rocks and 6oz wine
    Wednesday-2 3oz pours of whisky on the rocks
    Thursday-margaritas.....4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice work on the 2 zeros Ashley...I was happy to get one...might try for another 1 next week :wink: AND my boss is off too!!!! I got in early so I'll be out early!!! CAN NOT wait for the long weekend. We were gonna go camping for a night at Haleakala National Park for some sunset, star gazing, sunrise action BUT my "friend" came to visit super heavy this morning and that will make camping much less fun, so I think we are going to hold off until next weekend, so this weekend.....aquarium? kayaking? fishing? beaching? Who know but definitely drinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:

Have great weekend everyone!!!!!
    xo

• yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I was proud I managed a 0 yesterday but still woke up this morning feeling like I'd been run over by a steam roller. Where's the justice in that! So I decided I'm going to drink some red wine tonight. Might as well wake up feeling rubbish for a reason.
    Hope everyone has had a good weekend. I'm very lucky to have some extra time off work so not back until Wednesday. There's so many odd jobs I should be doing around the house but I keep finding excuses not to :D
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hello lushes! Back to work after a great long weekend.

Friday night we took it easy. Ordered delivery, watched a movie, had about 4 drinks and went to bed at 10:30. Saturday did coffee and farmers market and planted our garden. 40th birthday party where I drank a lot of sangria and we stayed till about 10. I was feeling pretty good, but was asleep by a little after 11 so Sunday felt fine. Sunday we walked a ton: walked across the walking bridge to Indiana, then the kids played at the spray ground back in Louisville. Came home and went back out walking in the neighborhood. Kids fell asleep in the stroller so we sat on the patio and drank beer and ate pizza. Friend came over; I drank a bottle of wine and fell asleep watching a movie. Yesterday we had lunch with the in laws and split a pitcher of margaritas. I had a double vodka soda and a beer at home by the blow up pool and then miraculously stopped drinking around 5:00.

I'm going to try for 0's till Friday. We'll see. Eric is still not feeling great, so he's not been wanting to drink that much.