What's your favorite lie?

Options
Wakey618
Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
You know the lies. The ones our mind tells us in order to justify consuming something we shouldn't. I think my favorite (or at least most commonly used) is, "I'll just eat less tomorrow and/or exercise a little more to make up for eating this". :( Then I'm constantly trying to make up for my screw-up.

Replies

• squeekersmom
    squeekersmom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ha ,,, telling myself I can buy that bag of 'baked' chips and only eat a few each day!! Even if I buy the individual bags, I rip them all open till they are gone. I must say though I have bought a bag, ate half and literally throw them away in the garbage. That's huge for me.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Definitely, "I'll just eat one."
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    Definitely, "I'll just eat one."

^^^^This!! It gets me every time. I cannot just eat one. That's why junk is simply banned from my house. I have no self control.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    "It's fine. I'm not even overweight!"
    OR
    "Well it's 'keto!'" in regards to Quest Ketocups. In excess.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE lie is the one I have to say almost everyday "how did you lose weight" and the answer is "I've cut out the whites & I eat basically fruits & veggies" .

The forums here have taught me that many ppl will not be supportive of our WOE or, even worse, they will be critical.

Now mind you, I've lost maybe 6 or 8 pounds since beginning this LC/HF, but at 5'1" it shows ESP in the clothing.

So this lie is one white lie that seems to be the "lesser" of two evils. thanks for asking
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    "It's fine. I'm not even overweight!"
    OR
    "Well it's 'keto!'" in regards to Quest Ketocups. In excess.

Yeah, I tell myself because I'm not overweight...it's OK. But as I recently came back from a trip where I ate anything I wanted, I'd like to say that it feels good to be getting back on track and I really do better when I cut the carbs out.

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I won't digest sugar alcohols anyway. It's okay! (cue massive sugar cravings and a solid BG spike).
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    "This is a keto friendly food, so it won't hurt me." Not accounting for if it is a higher carb or higher calorie food that I'm just negotiating with my inner terrorists, otherwise known as insulin resistance and sugar addiction.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Or... "It's not fair. Life should be fair!" Nothing about life is fair, and the sooner we all accept that, the sooner we can stop fighting the losing battle of trying to make the universe fair and start fighting our own individual, different battles!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    "I have to make sure it's cooled down enough / seasoned just right / tastes good / etc for the kids." Yeah, right.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    "I don't lie." B)

>:) or o:)
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    cynlyn2010 wrote: »
    It's ok, because of the amount of stress I'm under right now. I will get back on track as soon as "insert excuse" is over....

Oh this one got me for years!!! I've been coping without stress eating for the first time in my life now that I'm eating LCHF. I never thought I could overcome that urge. Though I'm still gaining when the stress is bad, thank you cortisol, but I've not let that get me down as I know it's not a real gain.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Ha ,,, telling myself I can buy that bag of 'baked' chips and only eat a few each day!! Even if I buy the individual bags, I rip them all open till they are gone. I must say though I have bought a bag, ate half and literally throw them away in the garbage. That's huge for me.

I do the same thing but with sweets. If someone says have a cupcake, I'll take a bite and throw the rest away. That way, I can get my sweet fix and won't be tempted to eat the rest if it's sitting in the fridge.
  • Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    ...I'm just negotiating with my inner terrorists, otherwise known as insulin resistance and sugar addiction.

LOVE this - my inner terrorists!
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    LINIA wrote: »
    The forums here have taught me that many ppl will not be supportive of our WOE or, even worse, they will be critical.

Don't I know it!! See the thread that's turned in to War and Peace after someone asked for foods that burned belly fat.

My downfall is nuts and beer. Proper beer, real ale. I had to cut out alcohol for a while to revive my liver. When I came back to it I drank nothing through the week but would have a good session with the boys - throwing nuts down my face as if they were going out of fashion. The stressful week, or stressful situation was the excuse.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    It's just a taste. Stuck my finger into my daughter's bowl of peanut butter and apples....twice. Did I log that PB?? Nope. Probably 1.5 tsp but it was just a taste.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My downfall is nuts and beer. Proper beer, real ale. I had to cut out alcohol for a while to revive my liver. When I came back to it I drank nothing through the week but would have a good session with the boys - throwing nuts down my face as if they were going out of fashion. The stressful week, or stressful situation was the excuse.
    @ivanfawcettgibson - I feel your pain. Oh, how I feel your pain.
    Yet.... there might be a win-win scenario where you could have it all:
    • Connecting with the boys;
    • Limiting carbs;
    • Limiting calories; and
    • Maximizing mouthfeel
    IF ONLY you could confine yourself to: 61OBIPOpf7L._AC_US160_.jpgRR-02734.jpgSatans-Blood.jpg

Oh yeah, my lie is that I've followed this protocol myself without serious regrets.

• suesuarez
    suesuarez Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's my TOM. I won't lose anyway.