Options
2»

Replies

• camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    Definitely, "I'll just eat one."

^^^^This!! It gets me every time. I cannot just eat one. That's why junk is simply banned from my house. I have no self control.

I remember in the late 1980s, a fritolay commercial with Jay Leno where he quoted that line, "Eat all you want. We'll make more!" and thinking, yeah right. What a scam. Chips are addicting!
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    To others: "I lost weight just by cutting flour, sugar and processed foods." No mention of fats or meats.

To myself: "I deserve a treat." Cue in 3 apples and/or half a dark chocolate (and sugar cravings for days).

::flowerforyou::
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Realising I just finished one packet of chocolate/ crisp e.c.t I'll continue eating unhealthy "saying tomorrow is another day"! :(
    Sometimes one day turns into a couple of days.

Or one treat won't hurt!

I'm feeling stressed right now it's okay to eat this!
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    French fries smothered in gravy are not fattening.
    Lol
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    "I don't lie." B)

>:) or o:)

Hey, I thought I was the only one on this forum who never, EVER lies. Well, imagine my surprise!!

• Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Am I allowed to post 2?

"I'll start tomorrow (next week, on the blue moon, when the stars align, etc.)."
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Oooooh AND
    I buy a one pound bag of nuts a month. It has 15 servings. I generally eat all 15 servings in 4 days. I tell myself it's fine because I only eat the 1 lb/month and what difference does it make if in 4 days or 30 days?
  • Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    change04 wrote: »
    Realising I just finished one packet of chocolate/ crisp e.c.t I'll continue eating unhealthy "saying tomorrow is another day"! :(
    Sometimes one day turns into a couple of days.

Or one treat won't hurt!

I'm feeling stressed right now it's okay to eat this!

So totally ME!!!
  • dbz9
    dbz9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    there's room in my macros for this almond butter-chocolate-cheesecake (almond butter, super dark chocolate and cream cheese). Yes, it is technically keto; no there is not often room in my macros for it. But it tastes so goooooooooood.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    My downfall is nuts and beer. Proper beer, real ale. I had to cut out alcohol for a while to revive my liver. When I came back to it I drank nothing through the week but would have a good session with the boys - throwing nuts down my face as if they were going out of fashion. The stressful week, or stressful situation was the excuse.
    @ivanfawcettgibson - I feel your pain. Oh, how I feel your pain.
    Yet.... there might be a win-win scenario where you could have it all:
    • Connecting with the boys;
    • Limiting carbs;
    • Limiting calories; and
    • Maximizing mouthfeel
    IF ONLY you could confine yourself to: 61OBIPOpf7L._AC_US160_.jpgRR-02734.jpgSatans-Blood.jpg

Oh yeah, my lie is that I've followed this protocol myself without serious regrets.
    I drink red wine or whiskey these days, proper whiskey, made in Scotland and none of that blended muck! AND NO ICE, just a wee nip of water.
  • Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    dbz9 wrote: »
    there's room in my macros for this almond butter-chocolate-cheesecake (almond butter, super dark chocolate and cream cheese). Yes, it is technically keto; no there is not often room in my macros for it. But it tastes so goooooooooood.

OMG - that sounds fabulous! Maybe this could be an occasional treat? What proportions do you use to make this? I really shouldn't be asking...
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options

I'm with @Wakey618. This is not supposed to be a recipe thread but that sounds too good. @dbz9 can we have the recipe? Just for when we do have room, of course. ;)

::flowerforyou::
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    BIG LIE #1: "Well, it's low carb so if it's good for me then more of it will be even better."

BIG LIE #2: "If I eat it all up then it won't be here to tempt me and I'll be able to stay on my diet better tomorrow."

BIG LIE #3: "I way over ate yesterday and still managed to lose a pound so there will be no harm done if I indulge again today."

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Wakey618 wrote: »

OMG - that sounds fabulous! Maybe this could be an occasional treat? What proportions do you use to make this? I really shouldn't be asking...

I was thinking the same thing...but I'm on "no cheese" this week because I wonder if it's causing my loss to slow. Sigh....next week maybe?
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Wish I could get to a lie. My brain shuts down and i succumb to a binge- no fight, no resistance, no self talk. Then later, I feel defeated and come up with some stupid justification or useless excuse.
    Feeling big time discouraged at this moment in time, but getting Back on the horse today. Now. Whatever.
    Better get busy with a project so I don't crawl back in bed - for good!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I can eat after dinner. Evening food is fine.... No, it doesn't affect my FBG and stall my weight loss at all. Yeah... right.

I still tell myself this lie waaay to often.
    LINIA wrote: »
    The forums here have taught me that many ppl will not be supportive of our WOE or, even worse, they will be critical.
    My downfall is nuts and beer. Proper beer, real ale. I had to cut out alcohol for a while to revive my liver. When I came back to it I drank nothing through the week but would have a good session with the boys - throwing nuts down my face as if they were going out of fashion. The stressful week, or stressful situation was the excuse.

I soooo miss beer. I am a celiac so I had to give up barley and beer. I have found ONE beer that is acceptable - it tastes like beer - but it is still beer and full of carbs.... I haven't had a beer in over a year. Gah! My mouth is watering now!