Weekly Weigh In

Options

Replies

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I only lost 0.4 of a pound this week and I'd been so good!agh!
  • zgolub
    zgolub Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Any loss is good. you should be proud of yourself.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck between 155-157 for the past 6 weeks, Ive been walking a ton but not doing any intense exercise. I'm guessing I'm going to need to cut carbs/sugar and work out more to get the scale to move.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Made it down to 170 on Friday. I haven't seen the 160s since April 2013 (when I was 17 weeks pregnant with #1), so I'm eagerly anticipating 169.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Down to 156 this morning! I've lost 4 lbs in a month. I'm excited to finally start seeing some results. :)
  • am_change
    Options
    I gained that stupid 0.4 back ahh! Like @LisaTcan I think I need to limit carbs. Will try harder this week.

@SusanMFindlay well done! Have you made it into the 160s?

@amgreenwell 4lbs in a month is amazing!!! Well done to you!
  • SusanMFindlay
    Options
    am_change wrote: »
    I gained that stupid 0.4 back ahh! Like @LisaTcan I think I need to limit carbs. Will try harder this week.

@SusanMFindlay well done! Have you made it into the 160s?

Yes, I did! Thanks for asking!

Got down to 167 last week. PMS hit. Back up to 170. Back down to 168 as of this morning, and hoping to see 167 (or lower) again tomorrow morning.
  • am_change
    Options
    @TiffanyBeckett awwww congratulations! What a beauty. Have a good rest and recovery before worrying about weight loss. Enjoy these precious days and we'll look forward to having you with us when you're ready xx
  • TiffanyBeckett
    TiffanyBeckett Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Tiffany!

If you're someone who worries about the number on the scale, DO NOT stand on it for at least two weeks after you get home. Your body will retain crazy huge amounts of water while it heals from the C-section. (Seriously! I was puffier around the middle leaving the hospital than I was when I went in and there was still a baby inside!) When your body is ready to let go of that water, you'll have a few days of hardcore peeing and lose ~10 pounds in a few days. (Just checked my numbers from my C-section birth. Went into the hospital weighing 222; left 5 days later weighing 205 - but very very puffy around the middle; 6 days later, I weighed 195. The water retention is very very real.)

Also, be gentle to yourself. I actually spent a fair amount of time in a wheely office chair as I could not stand up or sit down while holding baby for the first week or so. (I could stand up and sit down by myself, but if I wanted to move, I had to get someone to hold the baby for me while I did that. Or I could wheel myself around in the desk chair while holding baby.)

Thanks for the info! I am on day 5 of recovery and I did step on the scale right when I got home but not to concerned about it because I still have a lot of gas and water I need to get rid of but that just takes time :) I went in at 200 and now am at 187 so I can't complain to much. After much needed healing I plan on getting in on an actual weigh in group would love to have post partum friends on here to join me :) so feel free to add me
  • am_change
    Options
    I lost a pound this week, bringing me to 44 in total so far.

@TiffanyBeckett I'll send over a friend request :)

• am_change
    Options
    I lost 1.8.

45.8 down in total. 9 months on, 9 months off! Baby is 9months this week. I'm down to my pre pregnancy weight. We were trying for 6months and I stress aye through that so next target is to my weight when we started trying.
  • am_change
    Options
    am_change wrote: »
    I lost 1.8.

45.8 down in total. 9 months on, 9 months off! Baby is 9months this week. I'm down to my pre pregnancy weight. We were trying for 6months and I stress aye through that so next target is to my weight when we started trying.

Stress ate!
  • SusanMFindlay
    Options
    Well done!
  • am_change
    Options
    Down 0.8 lbs this week. How's everyone doing?
  • SusanMFindlay
    Options
    Just dropped some water weight to get back to 165.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Cw-168
    Gw-148
    Logging in starts today after almost 11/2 yr.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    So a month later the scale is hanging around 155, instead of 157..I guess thats progress? Hah! I'm thinking I won't be able to seriously lose weight until I stop breastfeeding (my plan is to wean at 6 months as I have low supply and I'm already supplementing anyways).
  • am_change
    Options
    Down 0.4 lbs this week. Slowly slowly slowly...