New to the group...and 40

Options
lauralee94
lauralee94 Posts: 2 Member
I just joined the group this morning. And I just turned 40 ten days ago.

When I turned 30, I lost 100 lbs and wanted to live a healthier lifestyle than I had throughout my 20s. Into my late 30s, 100+ lbs crept back on and so here I am again...starting a new decade and starting over.

Feel free to send friend request. I am hoping to find a group of "friends" that have positive energy and a mildly warped sense of humor. Happy Friday!

Replies

• jennyb319
    jennyb319 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. Couple years ago, I lost 60 pounds, then I got married and lazy.. no excuses, I just stopped trying so here I am back again...
  • adrianne8288
    adrianne8288 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this morning also - and have a moderately warped sense of humor, lol!
    I just hired a trainer once a week and she suggested I use this site to track my meals.... I didn't realize there were communities, so I am jazzed!
  • modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all 3 of you! Enjoy the journey for all its triumphs and hurdles!
  • hfrizzell75
    hfrizzell75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :) Hi everyone. It really is so hard to lose weight after 40. I am soon to be 41. I had to have an emergency Hysterectomy 10 years ago. And that added to the difficulty of losing weight. And menopause is hell on earth lol. But I know I am not the only one struggling. It is wonderful to know we can build one another up and tear one another down! Best of luck to all of you. :)
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm fairly active on and off MFP. 40's suck in terms of weight loss but we're all in the together. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • bwelles
    bwelles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just joining the group - I am trying to make a good go of it this time! I start then I stop - its a vicious cycle.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Don't add me. I'm a horrible friend. Just ask everyone I know. Good luck to you all though!
  • 737jac737
    737jac737 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can only be in this group a few more months..... :(
  • jjgrambor
    jjgrambor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Jenny I'm 40 and for the last 11 months I've lost 64 pounds:) I work out 5 to 6 days a week. I try to eat clean 6 days a week and I have a cheat meal once a week. This has worked for me. I've started lifting weights and happy to say in just a month of doing so I'm starting to see the lean muscles. I have a lot of lose skin in my belly area due to being over weight and having 5 surgeries. I feel my abs under the skin I just wish I knew how to tone the lose skin? Does anyone have any advise on this.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    737jac737 wrote: »
    I can only be in this group a few more months..... :(
    Me too *sigh*

• rlehner
    rlehner Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Im new to group and chatting ...please add me!!
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi to all you newbies! I'm new, too. I'm happy to add whoever asks. I'm really good at being accountable for myself, but I'm here for ya if you need some cheering on :) I'm 43, diabetic, doing serious keto (6% Carbs/21% Prot/73% Fat), trying to reverse several conditions and I'm eating WELL (and losing weight, to boot!).
  • boringdanielle
    boringdanielle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello all!! I am back to tracking and stepping. I will do really well and then fall off the wagon. I would like as many pals as possible to help me be accountable. Please add me if you like!! I am 41 and feel like this weight loss thing is twice as hard! I am just going to keep on...keeping on. Thanks and have a great day!!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well .... I'm in the same boat as you! :) Tired of starting over!
  • no1cntrygrl
    no1cntrygrl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all...I've been here once before but am back and more determined than ever. Recently learned I am pre-diabetic and have acquired a lot of food allergies/intolerances that have increased my inability to loose weight. Add me as a friend if you like and let's conquer and take back our lives!!!
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi....I'm a 40 yo mom of 4 kids. Been here before but stopped doing it and ended up gaining what I had lost back and then more on top of it. My goal is to lose 100 lbs. Started doing Tang Soo Do class with my hubby and our daughter. Now to add in a healthier diet too.
  • fluffyfontaine_
    fluffyfontaine_ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I got really depressed when I turned 40 and gained 50 lbs. I'm 43 now and am finally accepting this decade and am making my comeback. I've been losing and regaining the same 15 lbs of the 45 I want to lose, so it's time for some motivation and support. Add me and I may add you as well. Let's achieve our goals together!
  • Hunterlisar
    Hunterlisar Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    13 years ago I lost 60lbs through Weight Watchers. I felt and looked great. A few years ago I got married, my lifestyle changed and I had "no" time for exercise and became lazy.. no excuses, so here I am back again with 40 lbs to loose.

Looking for motivation and support. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kevin.
  • Audreyrunner
    Audreyrunner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lauralee94 wrote: »
    I just joined the group this morning. And I just turned 40 ten days ago.

When I turned 30, I lost 100 lbs and wanted to live a healthier lifestyle than I had throughout my 20s. Into my late 30s, 100+ lbs crept back on and so here I am again...starting a new decade and starting over.

Feel free to send friend request. I am hoping to find a group of "friends" that have positive energy and a mildly warped sense of humor. Happy Friday!

I am 43 and have a warped sense of humor too :) Wishing you luck!