June

Options
13»

Replies

• bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm back from vacation. Missed checking in!
    @Laughter_Girl , I feel your pain. Eating has definitely been out of control here too. But I kind of expected it w/the vacation. On the plus side, I actually feel HORRIBLE now physically when I eat like that these days. So, I guess that's good. Old me would have been happy as a clam and just kept going and pulled out the bigger sized clothes! I've donated the clothes, and feeling less than stellar are good reminders to keep it up. I gained a couple pounds, but I'm sure a lot is just water weight. No biggie.

I did a lot of walking on vacation- my dog expects his daily walk there- plus boardwalks, beach time etc. My foot was not happy with me, so the decision to get surgery feels better to me. That's actually next week so I guess I'll have another wacky month coming up with very limited activity.

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    6-28
    Green: Yes - Chevy
    Goal: 11/22
    Exercise: No
    Goal: 13/17

Well, the day got away from me so I was unable to exercise, but I did okay overall.

@bbinoa Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed your vaca. Since you're doing so well with that strength training, I'm sure those couple of pounds didn't hurt you. I'm actually looking forward to starting a strength training program in a few weeks. I can't wait to look fit and toned too. I'm slowly getting my eating under control again, which is a huge relief.

Your surgery date is coming quickly. I'm praying you'll feel better soon after you have it so you can be more comfortably mobile.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    6-29
    Green: Yes
    Goal: 12/22
    Exercise: Yes
    Goal: 14/17

Dinner was tasty!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Sounds like yesterday was good @Laughter_Girl! Are you cleared yet for a return to lifting and talking?

Vacation was good, but every single year, I walk back into a terrible time at work. I can't keep it up. I've decided to start looking for a new job. Not something I really want to do but I think I need to. The stress level here for me is bad and I know that's not healthy.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    6-30
    Green: No
    Goal: 12/22
    Exercise: Yes
    Goal: 15/17

It wasn't a bad day, but it could have been better. The pizza for lunch did it. Not to mention those two desserts. :D

@bbinoa I'll be able to return to work next week. I can talk, but i have to practice breathing and talking slower. I'm a work in progress. I should be able to begin lifting in a few weeks. Although I've thought about my job while off these past 7 weeks, I can't say I missed it. Thankfully my job is not really stressful to me. If you think it's time to find something new, do it. Life is too short to be stressed out at work or about work.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    @Laughter_Girl I can't imagine 7 weeks w no or limited talking. Wow. Glad you're getting back to doing more now though.
    You're absolutely right about work, too. I know I need to make some changes.