Lunch prep ideas.

Options
Fearfulowl25
Fearfulowl25 Posts: 8 Member
Anyone have easy lunch prep ideas? I'm tired of ham and mustard sandwiches.. Lol thanks!!!

Replies

• myst45
    myst45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can make soups they take like 30 mins
  • lynne822
    lynne822 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I freeze my dinners that have any left overs and put in a reduced serving size to microwave the next day for lunch.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I also eat a lot of salads. Our local BJ's sells a huge tub of mixed baby lettuces. I take a half hour on Sunday to chop salad veggies (celery, peppers, cucumbers, carrots, radishes) and bag them. I open a can of beans (white, kidney, black, etc.), rinse them well and spread them out on a cookie sheet covered with foil and pop them in the freezer. When frozen, put them in a plastic ziplock bag and scoop 1/4 cup onto your salad as needed each morning, they defrost by lunchtime. Scoop out 1/2 cup of your chopped veggies and add it to your salad. Leftover corn on the cob? Cut the kernels and add them to your salad with some black beans, chicken breast and salsa instead of dressing. Leftover cooked chicken breast, pork tenderloin, steak, salmon? Slice it thin, weigh it out into portions, wrap individually and freeze. Grab a portion in the morning for your salad and it, too, thaws by lunchtime. I use masking tape and a Sharpie to label each portion as to what it is and how much it weights for accurate tracking.

Love these ideas! I also like to chop up veggies ahead to have for salads. I'm totally stealing the bean idea!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Italian Spaghetti Squash Salad! Poke holes in a spaghetti squash with a fork and microwave it for 10 minutes. When it's cool enough to handle, cut it in half, scoop out the seeds and use a fork to shred the fibers into "spaghetti" strands. Add canned artichoke hearts packed in water (drained), turkey pepperoni, low fat string cheese sliced into coins, diced bell peppers (green, red, yellow, orange), and cherry tomatoes, fresh cracked black pepper and fresh chopped basil. The original recipe calls for reduced calorie Italian dressing, but I prefer just red wine vinegar with about 1 T olive oil. You can add chicken to it for a main lunch and it makes a TON to last the week :smile:

That sounds yummy! Going to have to try that one.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I do soups and freeze the portions. Just grab a bag out of the freezer. I also do salads with homemade greek yogurt dressing and either shrimp or chicken. Lettuce wraps with diced chicken or ground turkey, oriental veggies, soy sauce. Some recent finds:

Jicama tortillas - use these to make lunch meat roll up with some laughing cow cheese or tacos with chicken breast, low fat sour cream, salsa

Trader Joe's Saucy Scallops over riced cauliflower

Whatever I make, I usually make enough for at least 3 days so I can portion it out.
  • rccsinger
    rccsinger Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Romaine lettuce
    Chopped beets
    crumbled goat cheese
    lite balsamic Vinaigrette
    Can add walnuts or pecans if desired

Romaine lettuce
    black beans
    canned or thawed frozen corn
    shredded Mexican blend cheese
    tortilla strips
    Light Ranch or Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette or even salsa for dressing; top w/a few tortilla strips or crushed tortilla strips

• guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I like prepping a lot of rice and beans at the beginning of the week and eating it for lunch throughout the week. I usually make short grain rice and moong beans with cumin seasoning, pepperjack cheese, cheddar cheese and a healthy serving of chopped up kale.
  • lynne822
    lynne822 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I make my dinners I try to make extra. I put them in containers and later take one out for lunch. I usually do less for lunch than a dinner. For an example last night I smoked chicken and made asparagus. I had for dinner 5 ounces. I have 3 ounces and the balance of the asparagus from last night for lunch.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I like to grill a bunch of boneless skinless chicken breast on the weekend using different seasonings (Flavor God or Mrs. Dash usually) and have them in the fridge for the week. It is easy to just add to a salad or make into a creamy chicken salad sandwich using greek yogurt, spices and some Dijon mustard. I will also grab a veggie steamer and a Seeds of Change rice/quinoa pouch to throw in the microwave for a hot meal.
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I usually cook something in the crock pot every Sunday and make so much that I have leftovers all week. I will sometimes cook one or two other quick meals on Sunday, so I have a variety of leftovers to choose from all week.
  • rccsinger
    rccsinger Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    -Chickpeas (from the can, I like Goya because the calorie content is lower)
    -Lemon
    -Tomato

I dump a whole can of chickpeas in a Tupperware container, chop up a tomato, and squeeze a whole lemon on it! I season with season salt or garlic salt. This is like the easiest and yummy lunch ever!

It sounds really weird but the lemon really pulls out the flavor! <3

Sounds good to me!
  • Crossfitand5ks
    Crossfitand5ks Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I made thai peanut pinwheels today.

2 large whole grain or low carb tortillas or whatever you have. **The large flavored tortillas are great too

1/2 cup of low fat cream cheese or neufie cheese

3 T of Thai Peanut sauce ( make your own or I bought mine at the store)

2 cups of cooked chunked chicken breast ( I cooked mine in Curry for more spice and flavor) **Could also use lean steak

1 cup sliced raw yellow squash

1 cup sliced cucumber

1 cup chopped tomato

1 cup chopped cilantro

1/2 cup green onions

1 cup of radish sprouts

1/2 cup chopped peanuts

2 limes wedged

2 T of whatever Asian spice you like. ** Korean BBQ spice is good

Mix cream cheese and peanut sauce. Coat one side of tortilla. Layer chicken, veggies, and peanuts however you like on cream cheese.

Roll wrap up. Then slice into pinwheels.

Sprinkle spice on open face of pinwheel and drizzle lime juice on them.

Serve.

• agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Meghan509 wrote: »
    Lately I am big on soups and stews in the slow cooker! There are a ton of ideas on the internet, Pinterest, etc. I do searches for vegetarian slow cooker soups or vegetarian soups. I try and eat vegetarian at lunch and save meats for dinner time, if possible for health reasons.

I make up a batch of the soup or stew for the week and each day I take a portion in a glass bowl with me to work to heat up. For extras I'll have some fruit, hommus with carrots, and a yogurt, etc. I drink lots of water as well.

Below is a link to the one I am eating this week... I love how you can easily paste these links in to your food diary and it calculates the calories!!! :#

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/mediterranean-kale-cannellini-stew-with-farro/

Thanks for the link. :)