Things you hated before lchf

Options

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    @tlflag1620 fat was hard for me to add back. Like most people who have dieted , I too was so afraid of fat and really did think fat made you fat. Yet I was overweight and tried not to eat fat at all
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Not so much that I didn't like them, but I rarely ever had a desire to eat eggs or butter before keto. I actually looove butter now!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Fried pork skins (though I can only handle them sometimes even now)
    Extra butter
    Eating the fat on meat
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Oh, also deviled eggs.
    I really need to make my own. I get a craving for them at times.
    I haven't come to love mayo yet though so I'll make a mayo-free version. :)
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Broccoli: stringy green rubbish. I tried it steamed a while ago and it's far better than how I remembered it. I sometimes fry it too. Other than that, I used to carb load for football (soccer) and take sugar in my coffee. Now I double up the amount of granules (instant) to compensate. Oh, and stopped using the cappuccino machine, the tassimo thing, stupid amounts of sugar in the milk!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Broccoli: stringy green rubbish. I tried it steamed a while ago and it's far better than how I remembered it. I sometimes fry it too. Other than that, I used to carb load for football (soccer) and take sugar in my coffee. Now I double up the amount of granules (instant) to compensate. Oh, and stopped using the cappuccino machine, the tassimo thing, stupid amounts of sugar in the milk!

Try dunking that broccoli in some clarified butter....omg I'm drooling just thinking about it
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno peppers (thanks @DittoDan, lol!). Used to hate them, now, wrap them in bacon, and stuff with cream cheese, yum!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Oh, also deviled eggs.

Oh yeah I never liked mayo before. I only have it in my fridge because my brother in law asked me to make deviled eggs a while back. I started putting it in my swiss and salami roll ups and I really like it now
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Oddly, since LCHF, I've discovered that I like asparagus and eggplant, zucchini and summer squash, leeks, radishes. Whereas before, my veggie selection was limited to carrots, corn and peas. It's really kind of weird!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Avocado was like "meh". Now I love it. For those who still hate it: I suggest try reframe it to "lush, fruity, green cream". Maybe it'll change your perception of the texture?

Not a former hate, but rather indifference. Fresh flat, parsley! I luuuuv it! Out of the blue when going lowcarb, I got obsessed with parsley. Maybe cause it's got a lotta goodness in potassium and minerals. If you like a good steak or with any protein really...A chimichurri sauce is such a fresh, delish compliment.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/chimichurri-21151

I always liked hot and spicy food, but now it's gone berserk. I can slather on samba oelek (with garlic) on pretty much everything. It seems my tolerance for HOT has gone way up.

Another taste bud change. Detested dark choc and had to sweeten berries with loads of sugar. Now I love both unsweetened. In fact tasting something overly sweet nowadays feels a bit sickening.

Like the others have said, overcoming the fear of fat was an obstacle. I'm sooo over it!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Oh, also deviled eggs.

You don't need mayo to make these (although I do love and use mayo for mine). I know a couple who use plain old yellow mustard in their devilled eggs. I bet you could even add a bit of melted butter to the yolk mixture, to make it a bit creamier...

• auntstephie321
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Oh, also deviled eggs.

You don't need mayo to make these (although I do love and use mayo for mine). I know a couple who use plain old yellow mustard in their devilled eggs. I bet you could even add a bit of melted butter to the yolk mixture, to make it a bit creamier...

I've seen them done with avocado instead of mayo to, not for those who dislike avocado lol. I add a little pickle juice to mine too just for a little zip
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Oh, also deviled eggs.

I've seen them done with avocado instead of mayo to, not for those who dislike avocado lol. I add a little pickle juice to mine too just for a little zip

I use Mayo, Dijon mustard, pickle juice, salt and pepper. The mustard and pickle juice are used in small amounts less than a tablespoon each.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I like unsweetened coffee now. Could've never forced it down before. But, I did have to get used to it for a few days when I decided to stop sweetening it.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I like unsweetened coffee now. Could've never forced it down before. But, I did have to get used to it for a few days when I decided to stop sweetening it.

I actually made a bpc the other day and forgot my quarter dropper full of stevia. My first sip and I noticed it tasted different took me a minute to realize what was missing but it tasted just fine.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Unlike some posters, I had absolutely no problem eating the fat off meat. I did always prefer the fattier cuts and used to fight my cousins for the turkey skin at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The thing for me is dark chocolate. I used to think it was disgusting but now I enjoy it and anything below 85% dark is too sweet.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    tlflag1620 wrote: »

How can anyone not like avocados?!! Sliced and drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and served alongside, well, pretty much anything.... Mmmm. Almost as good as guacamole, lol.

I HATE avocados! I want to like them because they are so healthy. It's both a texture and taste issue for me. I tried them again recently, YUCK!!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I had never heard of putting salt in coffee before I read about it one of these forums. It sounded terrible, however, I decided to give it a try because I needed to increase my salt intake. I was really surprised! I like it with either HWC or coconut oil and some vanilla liquid stevia. Salty, sweet, and creamy makes a really nice cup of coffee!
  • jetsamflotsam
    jetsamflotsam Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Not yet... I still hate zucchini. Just the thought of pork rinds make me shudder. I have a low grade aversion to eggs and meat, so I'm hoping I start actually liking it someday... >:)