The Easy Way To Lose Weight! Smh

Options
Sunny_Bunny_
Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
2bsbkq0iwcdg.jpeg

I saw this at Walgreens. Thought you guys would find it amusing. I added some bullet points :smiley:

Replies

• karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    *facepalm*
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    And I'd be hungry all day
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    OMG, I have a friend IRL who is doing this now. I'm serious - I saw him Sat. night at a restaurant, and he brought these containers, ordered, then filled the containers and didn't eat the extra that didn't fit in the containers.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yep, I had this thing recently with someone who can't tolerate gluten and so she says she is low carb even though she is eating lots of fruit. If it works, then great! But it still isn't exactly low carb.

ETA: It isn't working for her, though.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    that seems like an awfully large amount of mac and cheese. is it food for the whole day or one meal?
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    In my long and extensive career as a serial dieter I had a portion control plate - half of it was for veg and another quarter for starchy carbs! The last quarter was for protein! Not even a mention of fat!
  • EmmieLee1982
    EmmieLee1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I tried the actual program this derives from (these containers are generic). In the "name-brand" program, the veggie box is the same size as the fruit box, and your # of veggie boxes for the day is more than your # of fruit boxes. My allotment was 4 veggie boxes and 3 fruit boxes daily, I think. Here it does look like the fruit box is bigger... maybe they changed it from the "name-brand" program. I think this kind of thing is a decent step toward being healthier -- if all the diabetics in my family did follow this plan strictly, like a previous poster said, they'd be eating far less carbs than they typically do and it would be a step in the right direction.

But when I tried this, I was always hungry, leading to me eating more carbs than allotted, leading to no weight loss. Hence why I'm here now, and not with the boxes :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I have no doubt that this system would be a huge improvement for most people, and that it will lead to quick weight loss and probably improvement of metabolic issues. The problem is, how long could someone do it? A person following this WILL be hungry. A lot! How can they do this without landing head first into a bag of Doritos?!?! The kind of hunger that would come from this kind of eating would be a wave of overwhelming food greed!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Another thing that gets me is different vegetables/fruits/foods in general have different volume. So for the vegetable portion, I could stuff it full of spinach or I could probably fit four florets of broccoli in it. And it still counts for the same?

I love my food scale because I know exactly how much of what I'm getting. Even if I weren't watching carbs and just counting calories, the allotment is quite low and I would be starving. I would spend my time trying to figure out how I could get more bang for my buck with those containers using food that I don't even really like instead of eating foods that satisfy me.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Another thing that gets me is different vegetables/fruits/foods in general have different volume. So for the vegetable portion, I could stuff it full of spinach or I could probably fit four florets of broccoli in it. And it still counts for the same?

I love my food scale because I know exactly how much of what I'm getting. Even if I weren't watching carbs and just counting calories, the allotment is quite low and I would be starving. I would spend my time trying to figure out how I could get more bang for my buck with those containers using food that I don't even really like instead of eating foods that satisfy me.

I remember that so well, trying to fill myself with foods that I could barely choke down because they were low calorie low fat, all carb, but I was so hungry I needed the most volume for my calories. I used to eat plain tuna on a pita with a bag of rice, like the steamer frozen bags with peas and carrots and such, for lunch. if only I knew then to add some mayo to my tuna I might've actually felt full after eating and not need to spend an hour forcing myself to eat rice
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options

I remember that so well, trying to fill myself with foods that I could barely choke down because they were low calorie low fat, all carb, but I was so hungry I needed the most volume for my calories. I used to eat plain tuna on a pita with a bag of rice, like the steamer frozen bags with peas and carrots and such, for lunch. if only I knew then to add some mayo to my tuna I might've actually felt full after eating and not need to spend an hour forcing myself to eat rice

I know...my thing was rice cakes. I used to trick myself into thinking they were tasty but they're actual cardboard carbage. It was like 45 calories for a popcorn flavoured rice cake and I used to eat like 5 of them. I was never satisfied and I was always looking for something else. For the 225 calories of yucky rice cake, I could have had two slices of yummy bacon!
  • auntstephie321
    Options

I know...my thing was rice cakes. I used to trick myself into thinking they were tasty but they're actual cardboard carbage. It was like 45 calories for a popcorn flavoured rice cake and I used to eat like 5 of them. I was never satisfied and I was always looking for something else. For the 225 calories of yucky rice cake, I could have had two slices of yummy bacon!

lol yep cheddar cheese rice cakes, yuk, now I can just have cheese lol
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hilarious bullet points! XD

If the X number of Days Fix program helps people and they're not metabolically challenged or cursed with insulin resistance/hyperglycemia, I can't judge, but I think it's not for everyone.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I have no doubt that this system would be a huge improvement for most people, and that it will lead to quick weight loss and probably improvement of metabolic issues. The problem is, how long could someone do it? A person following this WILL be hungry. A lot! How can they do this without landing head first into a bag of Doritos?!?! The kind of hunger that would come from this kind of eating would be a wave of overwhelming food greed!

@Sunny_Bunny. We're you hiding in my house for the last 3 years? Oh no! So I guess then you also saw me drive to the grocery store to replace the bag of Doritos I had just devoured.