Husband's unintentional weight loss success

Options
2»

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, heavy whipping cream is not carb free. It is effectively so if you are using small amounts in coffee, but 1/4 cup has 1.7 carbs, 1 cup has 6.6 carbs and so forth.

I use a heavy cream entry that reflects this, ditto for eggs. Whole eggs have trace carbs that add up. Cheese too. Significant amounts? Absolutely not.

But for example, if I eat 4 eggs (2.4 carbs) with 2oz of cheddar cheese (0.8 carbs) and 2 big cups of coffee, each with two tbsp of hwc (1.7 carbs), there you have 4.9 (5) carbs that you were likely counting as zero.

Not a big deal for most of us, but food for thought.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    My husband has lost right at 20 pounds while eating a lazy low carb, high fat diet. He sees bread as evil (his word) now! But he still eats more fruit, and veggies, than I do, and he drinks his beer regularly! As usual men can sometimes have it so much easier!

He was concerned that he was losing too much, but I assured him that the weight loss would stop when his body reaches his ideal weight (is a steady 178 now). I think he finally believes me! I'm so glad he doesn't bring carbage into the house! But, he has developed the taste for 86% dark chocolate with some peanut butter! Says the taste of milk chocolate is nasty now! I love it his new attitude!

He gets his labs drawn next month, and I'm excited to see them!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Last week I learned last summer our then 17 year old 6'4" son dropped from 240 to 200. He does not talk about health stuff but he had seen me drop from 250 to 200. Basically he cut back on packaged processed food like sweet rolls, etc plus he and I were working on putting in nearly an acre gravel parking lot at our church nearby. I was on the backhoe and tractor and he was on the ground helping clean up, blazing paths for the surveyors plus lawn care. He is proud he lost the weight.