Crunchy Snacks

Options
13»

Replies

• bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    How about the all time favorite delivery device for cream cheese otherwise known as celery?

And peanut butter...
    Blue cheese mixed with sour cream
    Tuna salad or chicken salad
    ...so many things you can enjoy with celery. I love celery.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @robeylori Seven Points! So close we are. My in laws live out there. I agree that we can make our own yummy crunchy cheese. I was making that as a guilty pleasure before this WOE and draining all the fat off that melted out in the microwave. Now I can eat it with no guilt! If you really want to find the cheese look in the deli section at Brookshire's - where the hard salami and pepperoni is kept on a little kiosk in front of or near the deli counter. That's where I found it.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss - Thank you for that link. I see some yummy things in my future!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I got that sample from Bulletproof or someone of the Primal Kitchen Dark Chocolate Almond Bars. Crunchy from the nuts, and chewy, but I wouldn't give it my seal of approval. Barely any taste. I guess it was filling - maybe the grass-fed collagen and coconut oil? Maybe down the road again they'll taste better to me... But not something I'd recommend unless you've utterly obliterated any hint of a sweet tooth. Very odd taste and texture. But good to stash in your purse or desk for a rainy day!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss - that's how I feel about Quest Bars. I tried chocolate and chocolate peanut butter YUCK! and for the record....hard to choke down...so dense!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm SO not a fan of quest bars. The first one I had used sucralose and was insta-migraine. The second one was stevia only, but still wasn't worth it...
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss @RowdysLady I think Quest changed the formula and it really changed the taste and texture. I do not eat them much anymore.

If I want a protein bar - I choose the ONE bars from Oh Yeah! They have different series of bars but the ONE bars are the ones that are lower carb. I like the mint chocolate one - that used to be my go-to flavour for Quest but this one is better than Quest. The peanut butter pie one tastes like Reese's, and birthday cake is yummy as well.

https://ohyeahnutrition.com/products/copy-of-ohyeah-victory-bars
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Mac's brand pork rinds come in several flavors. I like salt & vinegar.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    This looks like it could be a really yummy crunchy snack!

http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2016/01/06/low-carb-pizza-waffles/