Just the Basics June: Week 3 (6/16-6/22)

Options
124»

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Good day today in terms of exercise, cals, carbs.
    I've been so busy since the kids have been out of school I barely have time to eat! :P Not used to this problem but I end up with plenty of calories for an evening snack. ;)
  • saltysailors
    saltysailors Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    @saltysailors - For sure cut the wine out for 2 weeks. (Sorry, I know.. I miss it, but for sure it was my stall demon, people metabolize it differently. I'm better off with ONE shot of scotch and water, but nothing is much better.) Also, maybe not summer squash and green beans, try broccoli and asparagus. Try a steak instead of chicken next week. I found the only way that worked for me was to record, measure, swap out/swap in, then see what worked the following week. Then Repeat. It took me 2 months before I got in a groove. Then I stayed consistent. Keep at it if you can, it worked for me, when other WOEs failed.

I'm cutting out all alcohol for the next 2weeks at least....maybe longer! I have also had lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, occasionally a tomato, bell peppers, zucchini....all are supposedly low carbs. I'm going to shoot to keep carbs below 30. Today I was over both carbs and calories but not much).........I had 1/2 piece of battered fried fish, but took the batter off the rest. So I'll try your suggestions and swap things out and keep logging!
  • saltysailors
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I'm still working on changing things up and tweaking things to make the WOE work for me
  • saltysailors
    Options
    @slimzandra do well this week and have a good weigh-in on Friday!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    CW 123.5 unpredictable, thanks cycling for muscles, water and a grumpy scale. Hope everyone has a great day. Just got my DNA results back from 23andme. Fun! My ancestory is strongly European biased. Will let you know the kind of inherited traits and predicted responses to exercise etc they have if folk are interested.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I MADE IT! Spot on for my week's goal weight at 232. (Well, as spot on as may be with my scale that reads in half pound increments.) Weight may jump up tomorrow but it is still nice to be here if even for only one day. My wishes now are for all of us to hit our goals.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Much better day yesterday
    Logged - Yes
    Water - Yes
    Sodium - Good
    Calories - Under
    Carbs - Under
    Vitamins - Yes
    Activity - 45 min walk with hubby after dinner
  • saltysailors
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! Today I pre planned, so we'll see how that goes!

For Tuesday:

Logged-yes
    Water-yes
    Calories -93 over
    Carbs-nope (40) gotta get them down to 20
    Electrolytes-better
    Exercise-walked 20 min...but it was soooooo hot! Went slow and had to quit early.
    Sleep-woke up early to paint before it got too hot.

Thanks for all the advise and suggestions from everyone! I took a good hard look at my diary for the past 3 weeks and can see areas that I can change and tweak
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @saltysailors - Yea!!

Logged - yes
    Water - yes
    Sodium - yes.
    No booze - arg! easier said than done.
    Calories - yes
    Sleep - Arg!!!
    Carbs - OK
    Exercise -Walking briskly 20 minutes.

Scale is down today....
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    SW: 153.4
    CW: 134
    GW for maintenance: 129-133
    Cals: good
    Carbs: 31 net
    Exercise: lots of steps :)
    Sleep: Not enough; stayed up too late.

Took all my Rx and supplements, drank plenty of water.
  • saltysailors
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I feel like I did great today! But I was hungry....never got satisfied.

Logged-yes
    Calories- a little bit under
    Carbs- spot on- right at 20
    Water-yes
    Sodium-I seem to be having trouble getting enough salt, so I added 1/2 tsp to my 1.5L bottle of water
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    CW 123.7, 9/10 with carbs a tad high. 40 min cycling @ 20kmph. No doubt thighs helping maintain weight.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Just starting to post on this forum. I looked at my reports and the last 30 days, carb intake was:

>150 x 2d
    100-150 x 8d
    50-100 x 13d
    20-50 x 7d

Stats:
    226 SW 14 April 2016
    213 LW 26 May 2016
    150 GW (for now)

Next weigh in is July 7 at my doctor's office.

My goals for the remainder of June and for July are:

Total Carbs
    >100 - 0 days
    50-100 - <10 days
    20-50 - remainder

Keep protein around 80g daily.

Stay within calorie range of 1200-1300.

Add StrongLifts & more walking. Already doing Jazzercise 4-5 classes per week.

I made the mistake of joining into some threads in the general forums about lower carb diets and I am exhausted from it.

I am seeing a doctor who is a nonsurgical bariatric endocrinologist. He is brilliant and I believe him when he tells me I need to moderate carb intake. His own approach is to eat a low carb/moderate protein/high fat breakfast, a couple of protein shakes through the day, and then a fairly balanced evening meal with his family, keeping carbs around 60-80 for the day. He is the picture of health. He would like for me to keep my carbs under 60 if possible, and ideally under 50, which I believe I can do. I did Atkins a few years ago and toughed it out despite the awful "flu". I lost a lot of weight, but did gain it all back, and am unwilling to go that low on carbs again. This time I am taking a more moderate approach, working down to a goal range of 20-50g daily. I believe this particular forum will be a safe haven for me to progress.

Any words of encouragement or advice are welcome.

Karen

• Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Oh well haven't logged for a couple of days and may not get on much today either - have my Mum here and we are out and about a lot, food hasn't been the best, but not been bingeing either - have found out that potato tends to make my stomach hurt so need to stop eating them, was seeing if a more moderate carb allowance would help me but definitely think I need to stay VLC and HF to feel my best, although do need to find some new recipes as have been getting a little bored with what I have been eating, so the next week is going to be some planning and finding some new things to eat
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    Cw 125.8lb put on 1kilo (over 2lb's) overnight. Frustration. I know salt, water retention etc but just feeling like the scale is indicating I am out of control diet wise, which does not feel a fair way of responding to my efforts.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    Ooops wrong thread