My Swimming Lessons

124»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Aww, man! Wish I could get in the pool and be a fish like you!! I could feel your slinky, successful swim leap right off the screen haha

YouTube to the rescue indeed lol. I swear, at some point, I was watching way more YouTube swimming videos than I was actually swimming, since my actual swimming sessions generally only last 20 to 30 minutes.
  • spring913
    spring913 Posts: 158 Member
    I swim at least 45 mins. My goal every time I go is at least 1km. That used to be a struggle but now I just do it. So, I probably need a new goal.

My order from Swimco came in! The cap is awesome. My hair still gets damp but I think that's inevitable. The suit I ordered is ever so slightly too small. I have a long torso (cause I have a big stomach HA!) so it's a little tight in the shoulders. But, soon I should be able to wear it comfortably.

Fitbit has the new Flex2 out. I've never wanted an activity tracker until this one. It apparently tracks swimming! I think I want one for Christmas. A girl was wearing one Thursday night at the pool, but it was her first time wearing it and she left long before me so I didn't get a chance to ask how it functioned.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    So jealous of your cap working! I feel like I used to get the "just damp" effect too, until I started being able to go more than half a pool length. Specifically I would say the push off from the wall probably shifts the cap around a little bit

Have you done any more research into the flex 2?
  • spring913
    I've read a bunch of reviews. It's still really early in the release so not many have actually used it in the pool yet. I read that it can be a little "off" if you stop a lot. lol. I stop a lot. But it's a good price and I think will suit my needs for now. It's a pretty basic activity tracker. That's all I need is basic. I ain't no champ! I'm 90% decided I'm going to ask for it for Christmas.

Here's the cap I bought https://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-long-hair-multi-silicone-swim-cap-8132596/?color=18555 It's surprisingly comfortable. I also didn't have to adjust it half way through swimming like I did with the nike one I have. They do make my head hot though, which is a weird feeling when in the water. Do you put your ears in the cap or outside of it? I'm still trying to figure out which to do. So far I've kept my ears out.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    My ears are in! Wow, I've heard about the "hot head" phenomenon, usually it's said to be a sign of a great workout! Dang, woman!
  • spring913
    Well I like the sound of that!!!

I'm going to try ears in tomorrow night. See how that goes.
  • spring913
    Nope, didn't do my ears in. Feels too weird. lol

I had a great swim tonight! The first 10 lengths are the hardest. After that it's all downhill, feels like I could just keep swimming forever after those 10. heh, every time I say "just keep swimming" I get Dory stuck in my head. I'm a looser. hahahaha
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I have a spandex cap. It's very comfortable but not waterproof .
  • spring913
    I think I might get a spandex cap for the summer. @lorrpb Is it cooler?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Yes, I hardly notice it. Very comfortable!
  • spring913
    Oh no!! I kicked some poor guy in the pool tonight! My whip kick takes up a lot of room... oh man. To be fair to me, he was coming up behind me. But, I drifted into the center of the lane instead of sharing. Sighs. Good thing he's a nice guy and didn't care. Told me there was no need to apologize, that he's a farmer and I don't kick near as hard as a cow. LOL