OK. So I finally found you.

Options
13»

Replies

• jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well done on quitting smoking! You sound like you have a great can-do attitude. I'm here with you trying to get up to TDEE, one day at a time and one habit at a time.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Kerryatoon wrote: »

THE GOOD NEWS is that I am able to deal with these things today.. I don't have to go completely off the rails either direction.. I can cut myself some slack but also know when its time to get a little more consistent and attentive. AND here's the best part.. I DON'T HATE MYSELF for letting up a bit. I love myself enough to know that I needed a break from calorie counting while I went through the first few months of quitting smoking. I'm back on track as of today and while I don't expect to lose any weight for the next 6-8 or so weeks of my reset.. I'm going to be consistent about tracking and hope to not gain too much more.

Thanks for your support!

77 DAYS QUIT!

This is awesome!!!!

I call those days and weeks off my mental health breaks. :)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    @Kerryatoon you did exactly what I did a few years ago.. I threw out all numbers and just went on a tirade eating all the junk i could. Figured if I had to get my cals up, I might as well blow it all on crap. Lol.. and just like you, I gained some weight back and wasnt happy.
    And yes, eventually I stopped and focused on proper eating again and proper cal levels. I sometimes think some of us have to do that in order to really understand the difference between eating right and eating crap:)

Good for you for making it short lived!!

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You went through a major breakthrough here! Woohoo! As much as the weight gain is not what you are looking for, you got it out of your system and achieved some major milestones! You are many steps ahead by changing your mindset and lifting consistently. Kudos for sticking to it and staying smoke free!

Indulgences will happen and it's ok to chose to have them sometimes. I have mine and I just try to make sure to indulge in foods that are actually worth it, that I cannot pass, not stuff that is just meh and i'm eating it mindlessly just because.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    HI ladies! Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words! Yes I absolutely feel like I know the difference between eating junk and eating a lot of quality foods while meeting my macros. I met my goal of logging all food since my last post here! Ate around my calorie goal of 2000-2200, really close on my macros, met water goals and killed my gym night! I attribute my gym success with eating enough, getting plenty of sleep and two day rest periods. Woohoo!

80 days smoke free!

Here's my workout for tonight:
    Walk/sprint incline treadmill 0.6 miles warmup
    Squats-5x5 90lbs (warmup) 5x5 120 lbs (still down from 145, working on form, form was on point :)
    Overhead Press - 5x5 55lbs (warmup) 5x5 65 lbs!!! First time I nailed all reps at this weight!!! Gah been plateaued at 60 for several weeks! Rawr!!
    Deadlift - 1x5 115lbs (warmup) 1x5 155lbs! Felt amazeballs!
    Face pulls 3x12 60lbs
    Upright Barbell Row 3x12 35lbs

Feeling better now that I'm logging again.
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You are nailing it, @kerryatoon! All your PR's are great, but those overhead presses, wow, huge numbers!!!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @Kerryatoon Love your numbers!
    I broke back down my squat to get my form better and don't regret it at all. Much better and stronger of it now.
    Keep killing it!
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator