To caffeine or not to caffeine!

Options
2»

Replies

• dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Gotta have my coffee!!! Heavy cream always and sometimes butter or coconut oil. I only drink this in the morning though. 2 cups is my limit
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I drink decaf everything. Good thing. The BPC recipe above caused me to leave the computer and make another pot just to try it with vanilla. If not decaf, I'd be up all night.

BTW: Vanilla is an awesome addition! Thanks for that!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I added caffeine in the form of BPC I had two cups this morning and stay in ketosis just fine :smile:
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I think coffee actually helped me to lose weight early on. I was never big on coffee unless it had a lot of cream in it but I was up to about 5 cups a day of regular coffee. Then I quit dairy a few weeks ago and after one cup of black coffee I said no more. There was Zero impact from stopping coffee cold turkey. On this WOE if I decide I do not like something then it is history. :)

I am down to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a cup of green tea first thing each morning.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I just add MCT or coconut oil and occasionally butter. I actually prefer salted butter...
    I skip the cream but when I add butter it's creamy to me.
    I sometimes have coffee later in the day too and I'm more likely to add cream and coconut manna at that time of day. (no MCT, coconut oil or butter). If I'm skipping lunch, I'll still add one or two of those things to keep me going.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I was a tea drinker but I didn't really like it without sugar so I switched to herbal teas no caffine. I do make sugar free fraps a couple times a week mmmm but I use caffine free so a family member that can't have caffine can share.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Coffee is a BIG part of my diet, I couldn't imagine doing Keto without it. I only drink 2-3 cups per day, but dang I do love every single drop. It doesn't impact insulin for me. I've read some of the anti caffeine theories and they are as weak as my dads cheap coffee (pun intended!!) There is much research that says caffeine has its benefits too, so that is what I chose to believe.
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. I don't drink it for the caffeine, though the caffeine addiction has been a side effect. I love how it tastes, I love sipping it, I love the smell of it. I'd never make it if I had to give it up. The BPC has made my life, and I thoroughly enjoy my drink of it every morning :smiley:
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I just add MCT or coconut oil and occasionally butter. I actually prefer salted butter...
    I sometimes have coffee later in the day too and I'm more likely to add cream and coconut manna at that time of day. (no MCT, coconut oil or butter). If I'm skipping lunch, I'll still add one or two of those things to keep me going.

Quick refresher? . What's the advantage of MCT oil over coconut oil?
  • budonyan
    budonyan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee like all day and I still have lost 15 pounds so it works for me!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I drink so much iced coffee it's scary. I'm keto for arthritis not insulin resistance reasons so I don't check my levels. Not sure if it has an impact or not. I'd never heard that.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    These days, I just drink it black, unless I am making BPC in the morning.

I haven't tried BPC yet. I probably should. How do you make yours?

2 cups (16 oz.) Eight O'clock Hazelnut
    2 tbsp. unsalted butter
    2 tbsp Coconut oil
    1 tbsp heavy cream
    1 tbsp Vanilla extract

Hit them with a blender of some sort (I use an immersion blender), consume the delicious, fatty goodness.

Yum is right.
    I do BPC light. I use maybe 1 tsp coconut oil and a cople of table spoons of whipped cream or 1/1-1tsp butter. That way I can have a few coffees in the morning. Gotta have my coffee ritual!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Quick refresher? . What's the advantage of MCT oil over coconut oil?

The MCT oil that I use has 13.5g caprylic acid (C8) per tablespoon instead of only about 4g that coconut oil has. But it doesn't have any of the other fatty acids at all so I still use coconut oil in other things just about every day too.
    That really short chain caprylic acid is fast brain energy and I use it as a supplement for ADHD
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream and various flavored liquid stevias have been a godsend for my morning coffee breaks.
    I have been enjoying chocolate raspberry flavor, salted caramel, hazelnut, cinnamon, and vanilla. I change them up every day.