Leslie Sansone July 2016 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited July 2016 in Social Groups
July (2016)

WELCOME to all walkers!

We will begin our July Walk Challenge tomorrow, so now is the time to be thinking about our new monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Because of the warmer weather walking or hiking outdoors will be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs for those who enjoy getting their miles or minutes outdoors. Especially after the long winter or extra rain we just had. Or if summer came in warm and sunny already for you then walking DVDs are very welcome to our exercise routine.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as Walking DVDs by other instructors to change things up or challenge us in different ways. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get our water... and we will begin to walk into July of 2016!

Let us walk with determination :glasses:

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    July Goals - 130 miles (OH MY last July I had 127 miles!!!)

Organize my craft room.
    Get my mom's house cleaned out and have garage sale or take to an auction
    Get my kids bedroom ready for when grandkids come to visit. then they can have their own bed and not sleep side ways in my bed :)<3

AND ....Golf more!!
  • Wannabealoser2
    Wannabealoser2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gunning for 20 miles this month. Hopping back on the plan I started early this year. My goal is to lose 5% of my body weight by 9/30. I need to stick with it this time.
  • puddles1450
    puddles1450 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    July - 40 miles

7/1 - 1.5 miles outside and WATP Burn Body Fat 2 mile (3.5)

Shew! Leslie Sansone kicked my butt in the 2 mile walk today but I got thru it! She was brutal today. LOL!!!
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    - 10 over 10,000 steps
    - Golf more
    - Organize, organize organize!!

July 1 - 3.3 miles

===============
    Last night we went down to the local Regional Park to visit and watch the fireworks. We haven't gone to the fireworks for a couple of years so it was really nice.

Our grand baby arrived during the night. I think our son was so tired he forgot to say boy or girl....!!!

Must get a move on - he said visiting time is 9 a.m. He said mom and baby were doing good. So they will most likely be out by supper time, or sooner if the hospital needs the bed!!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Well, the car accident totally messed up my June walking goal that is for sure. My son's car has $2,300 in damage that is being fixed, my house is spotless (I clean when I am under severe stress), my husband came and got me from MI and brought me to NY for the summer, (driving is still very stressful) and I am in the process of cleaning another house! :laugh: I have learned that obsessive cleaning does not add miles- :grumble: but does burn a lot of calories! :+1: Since I am not sure when I will be "back to normal," I am going to set a very low goal this month and hopefully, with hiking, I will surpass it. Thank you to everyone who sent me hugs and good wishes. No one was hurt but the cars, and as everyone tells me, they can be fixed. :neutral:

July Goal- 2 miles/day or 62 miles for the month.

July 1-Vivofit tracked-1.7 miles=1.7 miles total

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    12000 steps ave a day (6 days a week)
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    - 10 over 10,000 steps
    - Golf more

July 1 - 3.3 miles
    July 2 - 3.5 miles

July will be a VERY challenging month!!
    - 5 birthdays, 1 wedding, 2 anniversaries
    - family coming to camp in my yard for possibly a week!!
    - last lunch with the girls at work

OH well!!

80% of the things you worry about never happen
    10% happen, but are never as bad as you anticipated,
    10% you have NO control over!!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Happy July!
    I'm hoping to get 75 Miles in this month.
    I want to re-commit to going to the YMCA in the mornings again starting this week. 2x a week and build up 3-4 times a week.
  • zichab
    Options

7/1-Vivofit tracked-1.7 miles=1.7 miles total
    7/2-Vivofit Tracked 3.3 miles=5.0 miles total

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    OMG its JULY I'm going to go for 75 miles this month as I have to work on some core muscles. I am working extra shifts again. I swear they all plan to have babies during the summer. LOL
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this again. Things keep getting in my way (Sometimes those things are ME) but I am going to try to get my keister back in gear!!
    I am going to try to get up to 10,000 steps a day by the end of the month.
    I am going to try to start getting up earlier in the mornings now that my schedule is sort of set and getting out to the YMCA in the mornings to get walking/strength in.
    Make it a habit to use my food scale every day!!
    I'm going to go for 60 miles this month. I'll start low and if I go over I'll feel good about myself. :smiley:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am in for 100 miles. I went home to Cleveland for a family reunion and I golfed 3 days in a row. I racked up a few miles.

19/100 golfing
  • chubbyrobin
    chubbyrobin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI, all! I'm a newbie and I'm in for 30 miles. So far
    7/3 - 2 miles
    7/4 - 1 mile.

Good luck everyone!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    7/3 - 2 miles
    7/4 - 1 mile.

Good luck everyone!

Good for you! Welcome to the group!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    - 10 over 10,000 steps
    - Golf more

July 1 - 3.3 miles

===============
    Last night we went down to the local Regional Park to visit and watch the fireworks. We haven't gone to the fireworks for a couple of years so it was really nice.

Our grand baby arrived during the night. I think our son was so tired he forgot to say boy or girl....!!!

Must get a move on - he said visiting time is 9 a.m. He said mom and baby were doing good. So they will most likely be out by supper time, or sooner if the hospital needs the bed!!

Congrats Grandma!!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm trying again today too. 10k/day 6days/week. I plan to mix it up between WATP videos and the good old outdoors.
  • chubbyrobin
    chubbyrobin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    7/3 - 2 miles
    7/4 - 1 mile.

Good luck everyone!

Good for you! Welcome to the group!

Thanks!!!
  • zichab
    edited July 2016
    Options

7/1-Vivofit tracked-1.7 miles=1.7 miles total
    7/2-Vivofit tracked 3.3 miles=5.0 miles total
    7/3-Vivofit tracked-2.3 miles=7.3 miles total

Congratulations on your new grandbaby Lilymay!

Welcome to the group Chubbyrobin.

• grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am joining this month as I have never really measured my steps in "miles". I calculated my total miles for June was 117 so I am going to raise the bar and aim for 130 miles for July.
  • puddles1450
    puddles1450 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    July - 40 miles

7/1 - 1.5 miles outside and WATP Burn Body Fat 2 mile (3.5)
    7/5 - 3 miles outside (6.5)