Zero Carb July

Options

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    Thanks to all who took the time to comment on my evening out. I had a naked burger (there may have been some carbs in the patty) with tomato and onion and salt, of course. Drinks (2) were vodka with club soda over ice with a slice of lime. I'll never, ever, go out to eat again without planning every bite and sip ahead of time. It was pure freedom not to have to think about it on the spot. You guys rock!

Sounds like you did fantastic!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    Thanks to all who took the time to comment on my evening out. I had a naked burger (there may have been some carbs in the patty) with tomato and onion and salt, of course. Drinks (2) were vodka with club soda over ice with a slice of lime. I'll never, ever, go out to eat again without planning every bite and sip ahead of time. It was pure freedom not to have to think about it on the spot. You guys rock!

Yay you did brilliantly - its definitely a good thing to plan ahead then you can just enjoy your time out - fantastic
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    thats awesome @Karlottap its great when things just start working - my hunger has gone completely and I am noticing I am not needing to eat as much and my pain I had been getting in my stomach has also pretty much gone which is fantastic.

I am going to start adding in bone broth today as my batch finished and cooled, so I have removed the fat to use for cooking, and potted up the jelly that I will reheat to drink.

I am just loving this WOE
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    - still feeling positive this morning and ready to attack another day.

Make it through this and you should be home free. You've so totally got this down and I'm proud as can be to call you friend.
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    had a huge blip today - made the mistake of eating some of my sons chicken nuggets, and ended up eating a great plate full of the things!!!!! has been a very hectic morning after hearing the news that we may have got a council house finally so I now have less than a month to pack up and get ready to move - all this, although its a good thing, has naturally made my son start stressing already so we had a major meltdown from him earlier, its not easy when the house is stressy - although that is not an excuse I need to find a way to handle my own stress without eating crap
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    Yay I got back on track OK - full day of Zero Carb yesterday and all planned out for today too - so feeling good again, think it must have been hormones as has been TOM but that has now finished and I am feeling back in control, hopefully the longer I do this the less this will impact each month.

It looks like I am going to be moving house in the the next month too so going to be a hectic few weeks ahead but I am looking forward to the challenge rather than stressing this move should be the last I have to do for a very long time, I have moved every year for the last 10 years or so, so it will be nice to be in a secured tenancy and not have to worry about keep moving.

I also realised yesterday that I haven't taken my depression meds for nearly a week, and I feel absolutely fine, so going to stop taking them - can always go back if necessary but feel so positive at the minute that I am hoping I can finally be med free, I was already decreasing the meds to try to come off them, but looks like I have managed it without any problems
  • NonnaTurtle
    NonnaTurtle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @kathrout1973
    I love following your journey in this post. Thanks for sharing your ups and downs, kiddo. You inspire me.
    Good luck with the packing and moving.
  • mskeyaj
    mskeyaj Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yes, your journey is very inspiring. I am challenging myself to have 20 carbs or less a day at this time. So far I am doing well:)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yay @Kathrout1973!!! Making it through TOM is a tough challenge!! You are correct about your resolve growing stronger with each month that passes! The changes become second nature and, for me, became easier and easier! I expect the same for you!

Congratulations on being able to discontinue the antidepressant too! That's awesome, even if you stopped them without weaning yourself!! Huge accomplishment for your health!

Good luck with the move too! I think that's one of the hardest things to do! I hope this will be your last, for a very long time, too!

• Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love following your progress @kathrout1973! Keep up the good work. You're 50% through the month. Amazing how quickly time flies.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should try this. I felt great my first several days back on keto but now I'm dealing with a lot of hunger and cravings. Ridiculously strong.
    For me I might do meat, eggs and dairy, and coconut milk/oil.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you mentioned this somewhere in the thread but are you logging at all or just sticking to eating carnivore and letting the calories take care of themselves?
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    I am still logging at the minute, but not worrying too much if I go over, I am finding that I am very rarely going over and often under at the minute, am definitely eating to hunger - I will probably stop logging once I have it all under control properly but this still keeps me accountable at the minute - once it is second nature then probably will not bother too much - if you stick to just carnivore the carbs pretty much stay very low to be zero carb carnivore is basically to be under 5g carbs (from only animal products)