Just the Basics: July: Week 1 (7/1-7/7)

Options

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was mostly on point foodwise.
    Food was great, but added maybe 2 Tbsp butter due to sweet cravings (alone on holiday) This was a way better solution than my typical binge. Feel just great about that. Logged and prelogged.
    Didn't do much else but vegetate on the couch all day, but without the binging, I'll take it. Down time is required for my sanity.
    I also notice that I had overplanned busy work for the day to compensate for no holiday plans at all. So my response to that is...do nothing at all! Again, I'm so predictable.
    Oh well, still enjoyed the day. Still handled relentless food cravings.
    Today is a new day. Feeling great about things, and I hope you are too, pals.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Also, I want to post my commitment to stop having just a bite or just a small handful of carby quick snacks. We have a lot of those on hand b/c of DH and the boys. Must. Stop. Eating them. Not worth it. Cravings. I'm back to not thinking of those things as food.
  • macchiatto
    Options
    Sorry to post a million times. These are my goals for July, posting for accountability because I need ot get things back under control:
    * Cals under 1350 (plus eating back exercise calories)
    * Carbs under 30 net. Up to 40 net is OK if it's mostly veggies.
    * Exercise at least 3x/wk plus 10k steps/day. But give myself grace/permission to listen to my body and take it easier as needed b/c I'm finally accepting that pushing myself too hard does more harm than good.
    * Go to bed at least 8 hrs before I need to get up.
    * Keep sodium intake up (at least 3000 mg/day).
    * Stay hydrated (though I tend to do that naturally since I'm always thirsty!).
  • whitneyr137
    whitneyr137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thankful to have a fresh start today. After indulging in too much alcohol and doing some alcohol-induced carb munching Saturday night at a fireworks party, I basically felt terrible all day Sunday and half of yesterday. This was a helpful reminder of why it's important to stick to the goals! Surprisingly, weight was the same today as it was Saturday morning.

SW: 260 on 3/24/16
    CW: 226 on 7/5/16
    GW: 180ish

Obviously, I went over on carbs Saturday and had about 80-90g total carbs Sunday and yesterday. Hoping to keep it at 75g or less the rest of this month!
    I did exercise every day so far this month including walking, lots of yardwork and putting out mulch, and an hour of strength training last night.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July everyone. Any excuse for a party, even if I am not from the USA. Wedding celebrations and stonehenge were fantastic. English ales, scones, cream, fresh strawberries and waay too much food. Loved it. Getting back on plan today!! HEAVY. Even if my friend called me skinny today. I am bloated and 2 kilos up. Focus Sam. Focus!!
  • selenrr
    selenrr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a baby-ketor.
    I am on week three. I've had one cheat day (family reunion... unavoidable for someone with little will power such as myself).

Here it goes:

Posting info from yesterday:

SW: 263
    CW: 259

Mon July 5th:
    Logged: :)
    Water: :(
    Calorie Goal: :(
    Carb Goal: :)
    Meditation/Self Care Activity: :(

2/5
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I am still new to this, trying to get my carbs down from previously high amounts.

So focusing on
    Keeping carbs at or under 100g per day.
    Get enough grams of protein.
    7 active hours per week (per Fitbit active mins.)
  • RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am attempting to post again... for like the 10th time...lol my cell phone seems to be against me posting.

So I am really wanting to do this, so far this week hasn't been great but I am still wanting to join this challenge and make July my best month yet.
    So here goes:

SW: 355
    CW:339
    GW: 170
    July goal 10lbs

My plan is:

1. Keep carbs under 50 g on non work days and under 100 on work days (I may alter this I just want to see where this goes)
    2. Get sleep 7-8 hours/night
    3. Take my meds and vitamins daily
    4. Blog/vlog daily

I may add or change these goals as the month goes on and I see what is working and what isn't

Wishing us all a successful July :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am attempting to post again... for like the 10th time...lol my cell phone seems to be against me posting.

So I am really wanting to do this, so far this week hasn't been great but I am still wanting to join this challenge and make July my best month yet.
    So here goes:

SW: 355
    CW:339
    GW: 170
    July goal 10lbs

My plan is:

1. Keep carbs under 50 g on non work days and under 100 on work days (I may alter this I just want to see where this goes)
    2. Get sleep 7-8 hours/night
    3. Take my meds and vitamins daily
    4. Blog/vlog daily

I may add or change these goals as the month goes on and I see what is working and what isn't

Wishing us all a successful July :)

1) sounds like a great plan; best of success to you!
    2) if you try to use smileys from the phone app it will lop off all the rest of your post after the emoticon that is probably what happened the first 9 times ;)
  • saltysailors
    saltysailors Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Logged- yes
    Carbs under 30-yes
    Calories-about 100 over....not too bad
    Water- 8 glasses
    Sleep-
  • macchiatto
    edited July 2016
    Options
    SW: 153.6
    CW: 137.8
    Goal range: 129-133

* Cals under 1350 (plus eating back exercise calories): Yep!
    * Carbs under 30 net: 22 net
    * Exercise at least 3x/wk plus 10k steps/day: Close to 10k steps so far today.
    * Go to bed at least 8 hrs before I need to get up: Slept over 8 hrs last night!
    * Keep sodium intake up (at least 3000 mg/day): 5k
    * Stay hydrated: Yep!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My Daily Goals:
    1) Get 12000 steps a day (fitbit)✅
    2) all food logged, no" guesstimates" lol✅
    3) carbs 73g✅ Fat 89g ❌Protein 91g or keep my Macro close to this (20%/55%/25%)✅
    4) Stay under 1450 Cals❌
    5) 1895 ml of water (8 glasses a day)✅
    4 out of 5 today! Getting better
  • ZarrusSkye
    ZarrusSkye Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    SW: 213
    CW: 208
    GW: 185

And here are the goals for this month:

1. <40g of carbs daily - :( - Really blew this one yesterday. Went out to lunch with a friend I hadn't seen in a couple months and had way too many carbs.
    2. Exercise 4-5 times a week - :) - Hit the gym yesterday, going walking with the SO this morning.
    3. <1600 kCals daily - :) - Even with lunch out, I was still able to keep under my kCl goal
    4. >100 oz of water daily - :) - Chugged close to a gallon yesterday
    5. Meditate daily - :( - Still not taking this time. I probably need to schedule it so I'll be sure to do it.

3/5. Kind of meh. Today will be better.

How about everybody else? Almost a week down!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    For 7/5
    Vitamins - yes
    Increased water - yes
    Carb<80 - no but I was below 90
    Cal < 1500 - yes
    Activity - too humid

Heading to the gym after work, no excuses.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Half the week over! Hoot! I'm going on vacation next week, just looking at my desk and I can't leave it like this. Looks like today is a filing day. (Or toss >:) )

Goals for this week.
    Keep carbs >30 - No luck yesterday. Hopefully today is better.
    Calories 1200 - 1400.
    Plan No alcohol this week. - Yea. At least stuck to that one.
    Get in 30 mins a day of exercise. Lots of walking done, but yea, really humid here in the North East. 90F degrees. This is one of the few days when I don't mind that my office is always FREEZING!

• Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    July basics - 7/5

SW - 214.7 (7/1)
    CW - 210.6
    GW - 180

Did pretty good over the holiday weekend with the eating but had far too much alcohol. I have a feeling the dip in weight is from dehydration. I drink water like a fish at work so getting myself back to normal hydration.

logged - yes
    water - 144oz
    Calories - under
    carbs - under
    vitamins - no
    activity - 69min