Like Minded Lushes - July 2016

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
A new month lushes! We are well into summer...that means lots of grillin and chillin with fun beverages!

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    I'm back from our getaway and while it was very fun...I know I am at my highest weight in quite some time. I've got a wedding this weekend, but we are home for a solid month. Time for me to get into a good routine of eating healthy and exercising...a little moderation would be nice too B)
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Sydney- I am in the same boat with you!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I love long weekends and short weeks :bigsmile:

Friday-we stayed up entirely too late and got hammered
    Saturday-I was hurting...cleaned, grabbed 2 beers and a growler, then had a few more drinks before I fell asleep on the couch at 7pm.
    Sunday-we did nothing......drank, of course but just watched tv for the most part
    Monday-beach and drinks.
    It was a good weekend!!!!

Gonna try to get some zeros this week but make no promises. I got some really amazing news today.....a project I was working on back in PA finally closed and I am getting a bonus....this makes me want to celebrate :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the project and the bonus Kate!! :)
    Syd- I am right there with you!!!

Mon- 1 Bacardi & Pepsi max
    Tues - 0 yay!! ;)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Congrats Kate!
    I drank wine last night. Too much :|
    I'm having my son's buddies over for a goodbye grilling and beers party...one of them is moving to NYC. I may have 1 beer but won't be over doing it. My liver needs a break.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread Syd. I have been on vacay and I didn't want to look at the computer at all over the weekend. I took Friday and Tuesday off to make a nice long weekend. I did really well on moderation. In fact I have a half bottle of wine waiting for me tonight. It is very strange to have an open bottle of wine.

I am moderating and staying the same on the scale. Not losing not gaining. Not motivated. Frustrated.

I hope that July will be the month I kick into gear. Wish me luck.

I hope you all had a safe and happy 4th. The dogs hated it, but they survived.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Great work with the moderation Robin!!!!

Tuesday-We ended up going out to a nice restaurant for dinner last night = 1 manhattan and 1 glass of wine. Then another back at the house. 3 total
    Not sure about tonight, maybe a zero, maybe a glass of wine!!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Okay so I only had one glass out of the half bottle left. WTF! I still have 1 glass left. :noway:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes....I am feeling like I need to get some zeros but everytime I think it's going to happen I cave. I did buy some stress relieving adult coloring books and have been doing that in the evening which is helping me not mindless eat at night and also drink less.

And I hear ya on the dogs hating the 4th....my poor Bella is so happy it's over!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    That's moderation, Robin!
    I had 1 beer and 1 glass of wine while grilling for the son's friends. Pretty mellow night for me. I've got 2 days of 0 plans before the wedding on Saturday. The only thing on my list to do is exercise.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Tues - 2 beers, 3 sangrias
    Wed - 0
    Was planning on a 0 tonight, but a friend from Hawaii is in town and she's coming over for a drink. Tomorrow Eric is doing a bourbon tasting and going to a baseball game with a friend so I may take the kids to the pool and then drink a bottle of wine and watch a chick flick after they go to bed. Keep is mellow. Not much else planned for the weekend.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I have done well this week working out and watching my food intake. So far so good. Hope to see some progress on the scale. I feel this week may be the week I get back on track!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    WTG Gary!!!!!!!!!! I have been terrible with both!!!!

Tuesday-2
    Wednesday-we went out for dinner AGAIN..it was our 6 month Maui-versary, so......2 bourbon drinks at dinner and 2 bourbon drinks at home!
    I don't see it stopping tonight!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Well done, Gary! I'm doing better with my food but still need to up my exercise game and stay away from the wine.
    I'm going for a 0 tonight!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I had probably 5 glasses of wine last night. A little sleepy today.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Tuesday-3 (I said 2 yesterday....I lied :wink:)
    Wednesday-4
    Thursday-3
    Tonight 3-4.
    Planning on driving upcountry to a winery and some beautiful scenery tomorrow and then Sunday, we are going to Lahaina for a mini hike, snorkeling and lunch!

ALOHA FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Good morning lushes! The wedding was fun..drank probably a bottle of wine but danced it off and then some. Quiet day yesterday...1 beer.
    The son is off to NYC for a week. The husband and I are in diet and exercise mode..I'm ready to get this extra weight off!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hi lushes. I did OK this weekend. Drank a lot but not completely ridiculous. And I worked out and/or walked almost every day last week. Diet was bad though. I was hoping for some 0's but work has been nuts today and there is wine in the fridge!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Awesome weekend! Of course we drank too much!!! Zeros this week and EXERCISE!!!!
    Monday-0
  • rjadams
    Options
    It was a good moderate weekend for me. I am just lushing along. 2 vodka lemonades last night.