Bump. Loving the ideas!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options
    bump...MOAR
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love the idea about the coconut oil and butter. I have very little time to get ready in the morning. This would be perfect!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I've done this essentially with just HWC, no canned coconut milk - and call it poor man's chocolate mousse. :) Don't know exact quantities, as I do to taste each time. :)
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I've done this essentially with just HWC, no canned coconut milk - and call it poor man's chocolate mousse. :) Don't know exact quantities, as I do to taste each time. :)

I haven't looked at the numbers for this because I made it for Mr. Skinny. Still, even if it is a little bit carby, there is the odd occasion where I'd really like a dessert and this would definitely fit the bill - it hits all the notes; fat, coconut and chocolate flavours, plus it's super-creamy.

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I think the pork rind nacho idea is a great hack shared here on another thread! Pork rinds provide a vessel for all sorts of yummy foods instead of chips or tortillas. Salsa, guac, dips, cream cheese....and once the savory flavor is baked off, for sweets treats that are dipable too.

I found I like baking chocolate squares better than cocoa powder in things like my BPC because it blends in better with no gritty taste. It can be melted quickly in the microwave to add in.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @RowdysLady - I find that I like microwaved cheese crisps or pepperoni/salami chips more than pork rinds sometimes - for some dips, too.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @RowdysLady - I find that I like microwaved cheese crisps or pepperoni/salami chips more than pork rinds sometimes - for some dips, too.

YUM!
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've tried the pork rinds as nachos thing but I feel like the pork rinds start to change texture while melting the cheese onto them.

Also sadly I can't make pepperoni crisps because every time I do my smoke alarm goes off!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @GlitterRayne - Microwave, paper towel under, paper towel over. Nuke 30 seconds at a time moving and flipping periodically until crispy. I've never made pepperoni ones in the oven. Considering how easily my smoke detector goes off, I'd be in serious trouble!
  • janettles
    janettles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Stir together Greek yogurt, about 1/4 cup of soy nuts, and a squirt of your favorite flavor enhancer! Almost as good as nutty ice cream!
  • RowdysLady
    Options

Also sadly I can't make pepperoni crisps because every time I do my smoke alarm goes off!!!

Microwave to the rescue!
  • SarasKeto4Life
    SarasKeto4Life Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump