Stress from work!

Options
I was put in a difficult situation by a co-worker and I made a decision - under pressure -that I think I will regret.

I can't sleep. I feel sick. I feel like eating a truck load of chocolate....

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    That majorly stinks. Sorry. Take a shower or a walk or make a phone call.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. Take a step back and a deep breath and let it go. Unless it was life threatening, it is not worth the anguish. A little chocolate would be ok
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,158 Member
    Options
    How awful. I hope you're able to redress this with the coworker.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Oh noooooo
  • RodaRose
    Options
    I hope you are doing better. <3
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Have you resolved the issue? At least enough to get some sleep and rework the problem? We all make decisions that aren't the best for whatever reason. A sign of maturity is the ability to apologize for your own fault, let go of others' faults, change what you can change and walk away from what you have no control over (PS You have no control over what other people say, think or do...you can only control your own responses. Hard lesson!) Hope things are better for you now.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Terrific advice! Hope things are going well.
  • RodaRose
    Options
    @JellybeanJeanette 'Hope you are doing well.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I was put in a difficult situation by a co-worker and I made a decision - under pressure -that I think I will regret.

I can't sleep. I feel sick. I feel like eating a truck load of chocolate....

Hope life at work is going
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I just changed my work stress too. This morning I put in my notice of intention to retire at the end of May. I'll be 61 with one heart attack behind me, and I have no intention of dropping dead behind this desk, stand-up or not.

Just this morning a guy asked me to build a boat for him, so I think I'll make do just fine.

Good luck with your life change Allen. I left Michelin 10 years ago on early retirement after 30 years, and never looked back or been without work.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sounds like life work wise is looking good for you all. 2017 is getting off to a great start.

I've been working at my job for 27 years as a sales manager in a furniture store. I can't retire until I'm 67 so I've got 14 years to go ... I'm counting the days ...
    . we also run a building company from home & that is very stressful. My husband works extremely hard for very little reward. Everyone wanting things done cheaply. We also employ one of our sons & that brings on it stresses.
    Farback ... my husband would love to retire & build boats
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Tax season
    And I opened my own practice two months ago.
    Things are getting busy with the major US deadlines starting to hit in four weeks.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Busier
    Ugh
    But I worked in an hour walk yesterday.