Like Minded Lushes - August 2016

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Ashley...I don't really pay too much attention, sadly, to what I spend on booze. I have to say most of it comes form Costco and it is usually reasonably priced.

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0....if I succeed this evening, it will mark 5 weeks of no drinks Monday-Thursday...I'm pretty impressed considering 2 1/2-3mths I was drinking every day, so....yeah, YAY me :laugh:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Yea I'm still drinking daily and not losing weight, go figure :/

But, I love the Truly waters. They are about 9 a six pack here too. I also like Whiteclaw...same idea but I can usually find those a bit cheaper.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Great job Kate! That is an impressive feat! :)
    Shinedown concert was awesome; I'm very, very tired today...but did not have one drop of alcohol last night! Score!!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Just go back from a few days at Mt Adams. Was warm and we chased the shade around during the afternoon. Lots of food and booze. I will need to get back on track!

It looks as if everyone is doing fantastic!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 2
    Wednesday - 4
    Thursday - a dirty martini and a Truly = 2
    I'm actually quite pleased with my drinking this week. Higher frequency but lower volume.

Friends are coming in town tonight and they like to drink so I'll be drinking some wine. Maybe some cocktails. Have a great weekend!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Yea well......4 weeks in a row isn't bad :wink: I blame Lenny...he is off today so he wanted to go out to happy hour last night....

Monday-Wednesday: 0
    Thursday-2 lemon drops and 2 glass of wine
    Friday-we are heading to the beach for some fishing and the sunset tonight. Coronas will be have and then maybe some wine when we get home.
    Tomorrow we are going for a hike, Lahaina side.
    Sunday, maybe the beach and some snorkeling??!!!!

Happy Aloha Friday! Have a great weekend!!
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Did fairly well this weekend...
    Friday - 1 1/2 Long Island Ice Tea
    Saturday - 1 glass of wine
    Sunday - White Peach sangria and 1 Guinness Blonde beer

Sunday we walked the Oakland Hills Golf course and watched the USGA Amateur Golf Championship - so lots & lots of walking over hills, uneven ground etc...
    Happy Monday all! :)
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I, on the other hand, didn't fair as well.
    Friday I moderated with just 1 beer. Saturday I worked out before hosting a BBQ. Met the son's new girlfriend. Drank a bottle of wine and had 2 tequilas. :o
    Yesterday I had 1 beer but ate all the carbs. Like every carb I could find.
    Time to reset.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    We drank a lot Friday and stayed up past 2am. I probably drank a bottle and a half of wine.

Saturday we went to a late breakfast and our friends left around noon. Kids napped, we watched a movie and then went shopping and got Daphne's ears pierced. She screamed and cried, but ultimately wanted them and now is so happy with her fancy earrings. I had a beer and half a glass of wine at dinner and a glass of wine at home. Went to bed at 10.

Yesterday I had some wine with lunch, grocery shopped, had a beer, had a cider at the pool, and then drank slowly the rest of the night. I paced myself and went to bed around 11 so feel fine today.

I don't know what I have planned this week. It is SO nice out and there is beer in the fridge and an unopened bottle of red so we'll see.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Friday night fishing and coronas at the beach, two bombs and 2 cocktails.
    Saturday, we went on an amazing hike, then lunch.
    Sunday, we just hung around, did some chores and drank some margaritas.
    Fantastic weekend!!!!!!!!!!
    Monday-0
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Monday - 0 :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - 1 cider

I got up at 5:15 and did power yoga this morning! It was great!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Both sons and our grandson visited over the weekend. Mass calories consumed. (But is was so worth it!)

Time to get back on track!
  • kblue2007
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

Have I mentioned I need to step up my workout game..... :huh:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    1 beer. Lots of calories at the baseball game. I need to get these summer pounds off!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    1 beer at the baseball game...that's a win. For me to enjoy baseball I require at least 6 :laugh:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 0 THAT is a huge win because I had my whole family over, cooked dinner and socialized and that normally requires LOTS of alcohol!!! :p:D
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - 1
    Tuesday - I opened a bottle of homemade wine (from KY....never a good thing) and mixed with sparkling water and it was not bad at first. I finished 1.5 wine spritzers and had half a cider.
    Wednesday - 2 beers and they just made me bloated.

We're going to the KY State fair tonight! So I will likely eat corn dogs and drink draft beer.

I did my second morning yoga class today. It was good! I am actually liking this getting up early thing. Although I seem to be more tired in the mornings.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Moderating a bit. Now if I can coordinate that with eating right and getting in some exercise!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0

Lenny took the ferry to Lanai today for work, so he will be working late, but instead of drinking and watching Family Feud I will clean the condo :laugh: