August 2016 - Walking Challenge

Options
Lilymay2
Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
Good morning to everyone.

Welcome to a new month. Today is Monday and a holiday here in Canada. I have survived the month long birthday celebrations and now I am hoping it will be quiet around my house for awhile. I really have to get myself organized. I have worked away from home for 39 years and now to be at home without a "schedule" is going to be my biggest challenge.

So how did everyone do with your July goals? And what will be your goals for August?

Begin with a clean slate - the most terrifying of things.
Then look everyday, at the choices you are making and when you ask yourself why you are making them, find this answer "FOR ME, FOR ME!!" - Anna Quindlen

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Options
    August Goals:
    - 120 miles
    - 10 days over 10,000 steps
    - Be up to date with all the organizations I volunteer with
    - Be up to date on company books
    - Organize personal papers and get pension papers inorder

I know this is an ambitious list but the paperwork parts have to be done as they have deadlines looming in September and I really want to be ahead of the game instead of pulling all nighters like I have previously.
  • bananas04
    bananas04 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    August Goals
    Steps: 275 k
    Miles: 110 mi
    Daily step goal: 7k
    10 10k+ days

Hit step goal EVERY Friday. I really would like to hit it everyday but want to be extra aware of Friday as it is usually a missed goal day.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,772 Member
    Options
    Still here...just been out of commission for several days...getting back to it. Thanks for starting us off Lilymay. Hope you had a great birthday.

Food wise, very focused right now. Just need to mend and get back to good steps counts.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Still here...just been out of commission for several days...getting back to it. Thanks for starting us off Lilymay. Hope you had a great birthday.

Food wise, very focused right now. Just need to mend and get back to good steps counts.

Take care, I hope you are back at it soon.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    bananas04 wrote: »
    August Goals
    Steps: 275 k
    Miles: 110 mi
    Daily step goal: 7k
    10 10k+ days

Hit step goal EVERY Friday. I really would like to hit it everyday but want to be extra aware of Friday as it is usually a missed goal day.

Is there a lot going on on Fridays? Is there something you can move to another day to free up some time for extra steps?
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    August Goals:
    - 120 miles
    - Organize personal papers and get pension papers in order

Aug 1 - 3.75 miles
  • magic71755
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Back to peddling in the A.M. Will up date my miles later. Goal this month...100 miles and stick with my food plan...on day three. Using south beach...if you are familiar with it, it is Phase one but with fruit...no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, corn, flour.

Had a hard time last night going to sleep. Got up and had two laughing cow cheese to soothe the popcorn beast in me. :o
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    August Goals:
    - 120 miles

Aug 1 - 3.75 miles
    Aug 2 - 4.9 miles - 10791 steps (1/10)

I sure have a happy dog.... 2 days in a row we have walked 2 miles :)
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    Back to peddling in the A.M. Will up date my miles later. Goal this month...100 miles and stick with my food plan...on day three. Using south beach...if you are familiar with it, it is Phase one but with fruit...no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, corn, flour.

Had a hard time last night going to sleep. Got up and had two laughing cow cheese to soothe the popcorn beast in me. :o

Happy peddling !! I have friends that have used the South Beach diet. One friend actually goes through a mini session of it every couple of months, she says it helps her to maintain. You will do well with it, it is not a harsh plan really.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Thanks Lilymay...after a few weeks, I will reintroduce the bread type foods...one serving the first week and up it to three gradually.

I am a SB believer ... fresh foods, but I do not use artificial sweetners. Finally gave them up and not going back.

SB was bought out by Nutrisystem. It will be interesting to see how it is rolled out in 2017. Two completely different plans coming together.

• bananas04
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »

Is there a lot going on on Fridays? Is there something you can move to another day to free up some time for extra steps?

Friday's I work from home. And since it's the end of the work week I am exhausted and sleep usually overrides a pre work walk. Also it's usually my catch up day to finish up all my work so I can close my laptop for the weekend. This week I'm going into my work from home days ahead on work. Going to do my best to get in a morning walk both days!

Also my 7 month old daughter still isn't sleeping through the night, so we are generally exhausted everyday in my house....

• Lilymay2
    Options

SB was bought out by Nutrisystem. It will be interesting to see how it is rolled out in 2017. Two completely different plans coming together.

Good information. I will watch for this.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    Bananas - sometimes you need rest days too. Lack of sleep doesn't help with weight loss. Follow your food plan and stay hydrated.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    August Goals:
    - 120 miles

Aug 1 - 3.75 miles
    Aug 3 - 7.74 miles - 17031 steps (2/10)

What a day yesterday!!! Started out with my walk because I thought I wouldn't get my steps in.... ended up mowing around the granaries and then had to walk 2 miles home really fast because I was late getting ready to go golfing. Used a golf cart but I wasn't driving so I always get more steps in than the driver ..lol!!

Exhausted.... I will walk my dog this morning but I think after that there won't be anything extra added..... except pack up DH and send him off salmon fishing for 5 days!!

Have a great day today everyone :)
  • magic71755
    Options
    Morning girls I am at work and I did not exercise this morning I had a horrible night sleeping but I'm keeping very close to my food plan with 100 miles goal this month I will be able to pick up the pace and make sure I make it . I dictated this message so I'm not sure how really well it came out but I did my best talk to you soon
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    Morning girls I am at work and I did not exercise this morning I had a horrible night sleeping but I'm keeping very close to my food plan with 100 miles goal this month I will be able to pick up the pace and make sure I make it . I dictated this message so I'm not sure how really well it came out but I did my best talk to you soon

Very good dictation!! LOL !! Hope you had a good day and have a good sleep tonight.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    August Goals:
    - 120 miles

Aug 1 - 3.75 miles
    Aug 4 - 4.94 miles - 10873 steps (3/10)

I am doing well..... I have surgery coming up on the 16th, to remove some warts on my back. So I want to make sure I have some miles in before that happens...

Night all
  • bananas04
    Options
    Week 1
    8/1 8624 / 3.54
    8/2 8932 / 3.66
    8/3 7122 / 2.93
    8/4 9369 / 3.85
  • Lilymay2
    edited August 2016
    Options
    August Goals:
    - 120 miles

Aug 1 - 3.75 miles
    Aug 5 - 4.9 miles - 10807 steps (4/10)

I think I accomplished something yesterday.... more boxes packed at my mom's house. Today - street fair in the neighboring town with the grandkids, so there will be some miles today....

have a great weekend everyone
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    August Goals:
    - 120 miles

Aug 1 - 3.75 miles
    Aug 5 - 4.9 miles - 10807 steps (4/10)
    Aug 6 - 6.1 miles - 13433 steps (5/10)

.....had to wait until 8 p.m. to mow the grass... it was way to hot today...