August!

Options
bbinoa
bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
August goals? The year is half-over! If we start now we'll be beach ready for next year, LOL!! ;)
I'm a-changing up my goals this month. Instead of green days, my goal is to just LOG 10 days. So 10 days where I've completed my day, whether its green or not.
I also have a goal to take a pain-free walk before the end of the month.

Replies

• bbinoa
    Options
    1/10! On my way! It's greenish too. Green, or chevy. I don't get too exact. But I finished up a day.

Also started working out again this past weekend... I can lift again. Yea! Feels awesome.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Very similar goals to last month. Crossing my fingers.

8-1
    Green: No
    Goal: 0/23
    Exercise: No
    Goal: 0/18

@bbinoa Congrats on bring able to lift again! I'm thinking of joining a class at the gym just for strength training because I'm so intimidated by the whole thing, which really surprises me. Very few things can actually intimidate me.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    8/2
    2/10
    Green too!
    Maybe just a few more days in my walking boot. Made it through the the grocery store relatively pain free w/o it!

@Laughter_Girl a class, a few sessions with a trainer or a friend make a big difference! My friend and I lift together and it has made me so much more comfortable! I knew what to do but got so self conscious it drove me nuts. No idea why. I get it though. Good luck! Once you get into it you'll love it. It makes me feel like such a strong chick, and I love the muscles!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    25 green days
    20 gym days

8/1 - green and gym (yoga class)
    8/2 - green and gym (barge class)

@bbinoa - glad you are able lift again

@Laughter_Girl - my gym offers a strength and sculpt class that is a great place to start weight training. I was intimidated by the lifters until I realized that my form is as good as anyone except one competitive lifter, who is actually really helpful. I am as strong as any of the females there now and my barbell row is better than most of the guys (except my husband and Anthony, the competitive lifter). I can also do bicep work with any guy in the gym, because once you're a mom, you never stop doing curls again -- babies, diaper bags, car seats, grocery bags, book bags, laundry baskets. Somehow, the biceps curls never stopped...
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    8-2
    Green: Yes
    Goal: 1/23
    Exercise: Officially No, but technically Yes
    Goal: 1/18

Our organization did volunteer yard work in the community today to cleanup the neighborhood. It was 90 degrees, and I picked up garbage the majority of the time. That was exercise in my book.

@bbinoa I'll keep you informed if I take that class. I want to be a strong chick too. :-)
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins You're a beast!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    8/3
    3/10 days logged and another green one!

@MelissaPhippsFeagins , that's awesome!! At the last gym I went to I actually had a guy get mad bc I wouldn't use the weights he was using for biceps curls. He kept trying to hand me the bar and I kept saying no thanks. I was lifting 2x his wt! Love it!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @bbinoa - I'm telling you, moms rock bicep curls. :smile:

8/3 - green, no gym
    3/25 and 2/20

I needed a rest day. I crashed at 2:30 this afternoon. I just had no energy at all. I have been more than 300 calories under the last two days. Today I was 3 under. I'm going to sleep now and hopefully I will make through work tomorrow with better energy.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    8-3
    Goal: 2/23
    Exercise: No
    Goal: 1/18

My feet were still recovering from standing on them all day yesterday. I'll get some exercise in tomorrow.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    8/4
    4/10 days logged,.plus green and a gym day. Woohoo!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    8-4
    Goal: 3/23
    Exercise: Yes
    Goal: 2/18

Made some beans last night that turned out great. Trying to incorporate more beans and lentils into my diet for protein. I want to eliminate as much processed vegetarian "meat" as possible. It's not easy but doable.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    8/4 - red and no gym - I went to a picnic and the only regret I have is that someone's covered dish had coconut oil in it instead of butter. I hate super foods. I had blisters in my mouth from the coconut.
    8/5 - green and no gym - I'm still feeling the after effects of coconut allergy.

4/25 green and 2/20 gym
  • bbinoa
    Options
    8/5
    5/10
    Logged and green.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    8/6
    Logged, but red
    6/10
    Took my dog for a walk today, which was huge! I'm out of the boot now. Still a little discomfort, but no pain and it's discomfort from the surgery and not the pain I had , so yea!! Getting better
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @bbinoa that's awesome! I bet the dog was happy.
    8/6 - green and gym
    5/25 green days and 3/20 gym days

Denni and I started a new strength training program today. It was Squat strength day and my glutes are screaming at me over it. Must mean I worked hard enough. I also tested my body fat % today. It's down to 30.1. Yay me.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    8-5 & 8-6
    Green: Yes & No
    Goal: 4/23
    Exercise: No & No
    Goal: 2/18

I obviously didn't actually post my comment yesterday since I can't find it. Anywho, @MelissaPhippsFeagins I hope you're feeling better. Congrats on completing the new workout. @bbinoa Congrats on the walk! You're doing great.

• bbinoa
    Options
    8/7
    Logged and green!
    7/10

Spent some time floating in the pool today. Aaahh!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    8-7
    Goal: 5/23
    Exercise: Yes
    Goal: 3/18

It was a very busy weekend overall but fun. @bbinoa Sounds like a relaxing day.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    August 7 green and gym
    6/25 and 4/20

I totally failed at the overhead press portion of our lifts yesterday and I had to go from 75 to 70 pounds on bench press for the last set. I am so very glad today is a rest day. My hardest exercise today will be bathing the dog beast.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    8/8
    Logged and green
    8/10
    Looks like I'm going to make my logging goal! Feels good being back on track.
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins did they every figure out what was happening with your son? Is he done with the HRM now?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @bbinoa he has the monitor until Friday after school. I don't know what it is showing but when I took him to the ER with chest pain that woke him up, it had a normal sinus rhythm and he had one for 4 hours at the hospital. Dr. Altman said he'd bet his house that it wasn't cardiac or life threatening. We are good friends with a nurse practitioner who told me a few days ago he thinks it's GERD, because it happens to him. Chest pain, vasovagal response, the whole bit. I'm going to get Son's doc to check for that next.

8/8 - green no gym
    7/25 and 4/20

I had grief peanut butter for dinner. My sweet friend Rosie died of brain cancer late yesterday afternoon. I've been expecting this for weeks, but it's just so hard. Prayers for her family would be appreciated.