• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    bbinoa wrote: »
    8/15
    Didn't finish my logging.
    13/10

The last few weeks have been very stressful. Had an incident with my youngest (she's 9) being contacted through a game she was playing online by a man with some very bad intentions. I've had a hard time talking about it, it just makes me so sick and upset. She's ok. Thankfully it wasn't an in person thing. We turned everything over to the law enforcement division to investigate. Some things got deleted though so I've been scared about what it was. At least I know we're doing all we can by trying to get the guy arrested.

This is awful. It happened to my daughter when she was 12. They didn't catch him, but we tried and she learned from her mistake. And I learned from mine. I hope they catch the expletive deleted who contacted your kid.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    8/16 & 8/17 - green, no gym. I am not going to make my gym goal. Oh, well. I'll try again.
    16/25 4/20
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    8-17
    Green: No, but it was better than some of the other days.
    Goal: 9/23
    Exercise: No
    Goal: 6/18

Getting back on track tomorrow!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    8-18
    Green: Yes
    Goal: 10/23
    Exercise: Yes
    Goal: 7/18

As promised, I got back on track!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    8/18 & 8/19 green & no gym 18/25 and 4/20

I got my fitbit from work today. Since 8:20am I've done 9000 steps and I sat in an hour and 20 minute meeting. They are definitely going to be paying me $25/mo for averaging 7000 steps per day. Tomorrow there are soccer evaluations. I pay people to coach my kid so I can walk during evals and practices. I love to watch him play, but I know enough about the game to be *that* parent if I stay during practice. I vowed when Daughter was 6 not to be *that* parent. (She's 22. Geez, I'm getting old.)
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    8-19
    Goal: 11/23

@MelissaPhippsFeagins That's fascinating about the Fitbit. My hubby and I just discussed it, and he thinks 7000 steps is low and everyone will get that $25. I told him for some folks (me for one), that could certainly be a challenge. For example, it's 11p, and I don't even have 4000 steps. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. You did great today though! Get that money! Keep us informed about how well you're doing with the steps.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    8-19

@MelissaPhippsFeagins That's fascinating about the Fitbit. My hubby and I just discussed it, and he thinks 7000 steps is low and everyone will get that $25. I told him for some folks (me for one), that could certainly be a challenge. For example, it's 11p, and I don't even have 4000 steps. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. You did great today though! Get that money! Keep us informed about how well you're doing with the steps.

Three things:
    1. You are doing GREAT on your goals this month.
    2. Not everyone will get the money every month. Some of my coworkers are awfully lazy and were trying to figure out how to trick it already. AND next year the goal to get the pay out goes up to 8500 steps, then 10000 the third year. Mine is set up with 10000 as the goal because I know I walk a lot. Tell your husband that it's harder than it sounds. The clinical staff would be stupid not to participate though; they've got this in the bag.
    3. I work at a level one trauma center. The campus is HUGE. I had to go to a conference room off the cafeteria to get my fit bit and set it up. It was 967 steps back to my desk. I also checked on one of my trips to get coffee and that was 300 steps to the break room and back. It really helps to work in a big building and take the steps from the 6th floor down every time you leave. :wink: I don't walk up them because that REALLY bothers my asthma. I can run outside with less trouble than walking those stairs causes me. I don't understand it, but I don't do it.

Extra commentary: Sometimes it bothers me that my insurance premiums are tied to my annual employee wellness exam and that part of my pay is based on this walking habit, but I get it. We're the healthcare providers. We should be setting a good example. And, so far, I've managed to have good enough lab numbers and BMI to keep my premiums the lowest possible so the carrots work.

• bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    8/18 and 8/19
    Logged yes and no
    16/10
  • bbinoa
    Options
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins so sorry to hear you had a similar situation with your daughter. I'm hopeful they'll get this resolved. Luckily nothing actually occurred, but obviously there was some intent. Ugh.

Interesting about the fit bit! My work has incentives too to get discounts off our insurance premiums. I wish I got paid to workout! We earn points doing things like accumulating steps, getting a flu shot, volunteering or going to these lunchtime classes about various health topics. I rack up the steps for my goals. I do think most people probably greatly underestimate how many steps they take. Post surgery, I was lucky to break 3000!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    8-20
    Green: No

Yesterday didn't make it happen as planned. I've got to work on my discipline.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins It must be wonderful working at a big facility...at least for getting your steps. My office is not very big at all, and I work from home most days of the week anyway. The only way I typically reach over 4000 steps is if I walk for exercise. Poor me.

@bbinoa What can you cash in your points for that you earn at work?
  • bbinoa
    Options
    @Laughter_Girl our points are good towards reducing the cost of our insurance. If you're a nonsmoker, doing the different activities your rates are lower. I think they're moving towards some stricter requirements for us.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    8/20
    Didn't finish logging
    16/10

NSV... I was stretching and my husband accused me of flexing and "showing my guns" i said, no I'm not, this is me flexing! And showed him... he was impressed! He also said I'm getting some abs showing. Woohoo!! :blush:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    8/20 green, gym and over 11000 steps. (I walked 3 miles during soccer evaluations.)

@bbinoa - I think a lot of companies are moving toward tying health premiums to healthy activities. It makes sense for people with healthier habits to pay less, since they are likely to use the benefits less. Flu shots are mandatory at my work unless you have a religious exemption or an allergy to the vaccine. I'll get my shot by December 15th or I will be unemployed. (Thank you, CDC.)

@Laughter_Girl it is great for the steps, awful for taking a 30 minute lunch when 12 of them are required to get to the cafeteria. Days that I eat there, I walk down, make a salad, walk back and eat at my desk. And some days, I wish I could charge people for directions. Especially the new residents. They come in thinking they own the world, then can't find their way back to the parking garage.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    8-21
    Goal: 12/23
    Goal: 8/18
    Steps: 13,000 +

The healthier me is back! I want to get fit like @bbinoa. It must feel wonderful to get such compliments from your husband. Sounds like if I worked with you or @MelissaPhippsFeagins, it would pay (literally) to be healthy.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I laughed when I read that line about the interns. How funny! Also, tell your supervisor you need at least an hour for lunch.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    8/21
    No logging!
    16/10
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    8/21 - green, no gym
    Sunday step numbers were just under 8600. I had a terrible sinus headache and slept for two hours instead of going to yoga.

8/22 - green, no gym
    11,600 + steps after Cub Scouts. I have leaders lined up for my new first and second graders. I am so happy about that.

21/25 and 5/20

I have an employee to train tomorrow. Boo, hiss. I hate training. I am a bean counter not a teacher.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    8-22
    Goal: 13/23
    Goal: 9/18
    Steps: 10,000 +

I almost got weak in the afternoon, BUT I didn't let temptation get the best of me. I'm staying focused. I really want to lose 10 lbs before my cruise (girls' trip) in Dec. If I buckle down, I believe I can do it.

@bbinoa You hit your goal for the month with logging. You're just earning brownie points now.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    8/22
    Still didn't finish logging and there may have been a margarita and some chips and salsa at a girls night out!
    16/10

@Laughter_Girl, I'd really like to lose maybe 5# but I am THE slowest loser ever. I know things have changed for the better body composition wise, but scale wise it took me a year to nudge my weight down about 5 lbs. Which is better than gaining it! I'm sure the difference is bc I lift and basically eat at maintenance or a very tiny deficit, and I've never been one to weigh everything. I'm impressed by the people who can buckle down and keep losing!

Where is your cruise to??