Biceps Pull 10 kg (22 lbs) 10X3

Cardio: Run 31 min, walk 73 min
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Monday, Stonglifts and KB (with dumbbell):
    Goblet Squat 3x5x20#
    Squat: 5x5x90#
    OHP: 5/5/5/5/4x 65# (I was super ticked to fail before that last rep!
  • jhmomofmany
    Options
    Dang it, where did the rest of my post go?? Oh well... Yesterday and today went fine too. Lol
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I made it to the gym yesterday and kinda KILLED my workout. Here's what I got accomplished

Walk/Sprint Treadmill 1/2 mile
    Barbell Squats 5x5 140lbs
    Bench Press 5x5 85lbs
    Barbell Row (Pendlay) 5x5 95lbs

Walk/Jog Alternate Incline Treadmill 3/4 mile

I nailed all my PR's!!! So exciting :) Still ignoring the scale.. trying to focus on this metabo reset and getting in my macros. Have 6 weeks to go on the reset. Celebrating 71 days smoke free today! WOOT!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Instead of lifting upper body today at gym after work and long commute, I did cardio. Was tired from the third morning shift in a row, another where I spent a fair amount of my shift just cashiering. Got a newsletter done at Starbucks after but was nauseated so didn't even finish my cold brew. Driving to the gym took over 40 minutes with traffic. I didn't really want to do anything but made the drive so decided to do some cardio and it was what I needed. I know some find treadmill super boring but the droning action of just moving with the music from pandora playing (now that I finally have their internet password) worked for me. I ended up jogging for 45 minutes and had a warm up and cool down walk.

Then I went to a couple of food stories and the vitamin shop for protein snacks and in search of a thickening agent. I finally found xanthum gum on closeout at a grocery store, so got the small bag. I'm not a fan of protein shakes so am going to try and make more of a fluff instead.

No work tomorrow so yay. Sleep in and do other stuff tomorrow.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Yesterdays workout:
    Squats 5x5 70# ....again, working on form as I felt like last time I was pitching forward a bit so didnt add more weight.
    Bench 5x5 60# YEAHHHHH This is now my fave lift. :D
    Row 5x5 55# This one is ridiculous with my height, with just the bar and 2 5# plates. Wobbly tower of weights.

Planks 3x35 seconds
    finished up with 10 minutes of treadmill, and 5 minutes of a weighted hula hoop. Super long day at work, and after all that I woke up late today and was late getting in. Trying to get more sleep tonight.
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Kerryatoon wrote: »
    I made it to the gym yesterday and kinda KILLED my workout. Here's what I got accomplished

Walk/Sprint Treadmill 1/2 mile
    Barbell Squats 5x5 140lbs
    Bench Press 5x5 85lbs
    Barbell Row (Pendlay) 5x5 95lbs

Walk/Jog Alternate Incline Treadmill 3/4 mile

I nailed all my PR's!!! So exciting :) Still ignoring the scale.. trying to focus on this metabo reset and getting in my macros. Have 6 weeks to go on the reset. Celebrating 71 days smoke free today! WOOT!

Congrats Kerryatoon! On both the PR's and the smoke free.
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Workout B
    Squats 83 lbs 4x6
    BP 63 lbs 4x6

Kettlebell swings
    21x10x25
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Stronglift 5X5 Workout B
    Squat- 1x5x55/65/75/85, 5x5x95
    OHP- 1x5x45/50/55/60, 5x5x55

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 19x10x35
    You know that you're ready to increase weight when halfway through the workout you check to make sure you didn't grab the lighter Kettlebell by accident!

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    5 miles
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Today's workout:
    Squat 5x5 @ 110 lb (yay, back up to my pre-trip max next time I do these)
    Bench 5x5 @ 62.5 lb (back up to my previous on this too!)
    Row 5x5 @ 60 lb Figured out the explosive lift part of this. The bar is really low though. I want blocks but don't want to waste money. Will hopefully be up soon enough.

Need to really work on concentrating counting my reps! I keep being unsure as I'm going lol.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Went to Gold's Gym to check out the one that is close to the apartment. It was a little more space than where I lift now and a fair amount of equipment put in that space. Did have three places to squat, two that were fixed safety and one not. Fair amount of people since it was 11 am. Down side is that it's not 24 hours but they do have pretty long hours, which is good. The price point is similar but I can't do anything official until get out of contract. I'm going to look around and not just jump right away into something.

Squat Day

squats - 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x6 @ 135 and with belt 4x4 @ 165
    overload - 235 for 25 count
    pause squat - 2x4 @ 115
    sumo deadlift - 1x6 @ 135, 1x5 @ 155, with belt 3x5 @ 175

Not bad. The squats were super slow, however, while the overload seemed crazy cause it was a 20 lb jump, it didn't feel that bad and I ended up going a little longer than the normal 20 count. So busy at the gym and kind of wonder what goes through people's minds when they see short female me put up over 200lbs on the bar but I don't squat it, I just stand there for a while with it on my shoulders than put it back. Not that it matters, just a random curiosity.

Today did some driving work too, delivery. Went fine though it seems people assume we get paid more (as I've seen the "fees" when ordering through the site), which is a downside cause it doesn't make a whole lot but it's spare money for my student loans and such. Feeling a little better at least and working on things to get where I want to be, which isn't where I'm at now. It'll take time but just have to keep doing things to work towards changing for what I want.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X 35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 25X 10 X 35

5 miles

Exercise is a great way to relax and relieve stress!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Week 4, Day 2

Warmup - 3x30 @7kg Kettlebell swings

Squat: 2x5 @ 45, 1x5 @ 85, 5x5 @ 130
    Bench: 2x5 @ 45, 5x5 @ 65
    Barbell row: 5x5 @ 85
    Dips - 10/8/10 @ BW
    Skullcrushers - 2x8 @ 25
    Hanging knee/leg raises - 3x10

Cooldown - 15min stretching

Kept my Squat and Bench same weight to work on depth and form. Upped barbell row, but it was difficult and will probably leave that weight next time.
  • jhmomofmany
    Options
    Nailed all my sets today: squat @ 100lb; OHP @ 65lb; DL @ 175. Next workout B will be all PBs. Super excited!

I love adding the goblet squat and Swings to my daily routine! Worked up to 23 sets of swings and had no problems. :)
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Nailed all my sets today: squat @ 100lb; OHP @ 65lb; DL @ 175. Next workout B will be all PBs. Super excited!

nice.

i went to bed at 8:30 last night and slept for canada. woke up at 5:30 and yes indeed - i did get to the gym before 7 had even happened. then i did a super-speedy thing, just checking off the second of my independent workouts. deadlift 75/85/100. i even stuck to the weights. it was nice being so light i could just get all anal about form instead.

accessory work was rows, waiter walk and one half-assed negative pullup with hold at the top. i got the rows up to 70, but i still had the ride to work to do and an errand along the way, plus i'm planning to try combingin riding and trainer day for the first time ever tomorrow. so i didn't even think about making this challenging. i just mailed it in and got back on the road in 45 minutes.

ride in: 27 minutes or so, all told. ride home: 29 to the benchmark point and then i just lallygagged the rest of the way. couldn't really do timing because of the interruptions. the ride home was harder than i would have liked it to be, tbh.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Was so tired yesterday, but worked out anyway. Today is rest rest rest day. And tomorrow might be sleep til 2pm day.
    SQ: 75# 5x5
    OHP: 55# (again) 5/5/5/5/4 so hard and almost failed the fifth on every set
    DL: 110# 5x1 Cant wait til my bumper plates come in!
    Barbell curls: 44# 6/5 failure. That bar is heavy!
    Also did 5 minutes weighted hulahoop, and was going to add some cardio but after 2 minutes just had no juice left. Sore shin muscles and my hips need a good stretch. I did finally get my 3x per week in though :smiley:

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • jhmomofmany
    Options
    You ladies are fantastic, so inspiring!

I did NOT want to do my workout today, just did a quick warm up, goblet squats, swings, and five dead hangs. I've been doing a pull-up progression that starts with just hanging- I'm up from only five painful seconds to twenty seconds in a couple of weeks. So that was fun but I generally hated it all today lol!
  • fanncy0626
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-25X 10 X 35

3 miles

We are in Fargo North Dakota for a couple of days because of my DH's awards dinner tonight. He is in meetings all day today. With his long hours and hard work he does earn a lot of awards. That is the only perk for the extra time that he puts in. Tonight will be a time to dress up and have a lot of fun with the other people that he works with. Prime rib is on the menu for tonight. Of course I brought my kettle bell along so that I can get my exercise in! I would never go anywhere without it!