August LC Basics Challenge Week 2 (8/8-8/14)

Options
13»

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    @confusedtruffle I don't know why I fall off so hard either. I feel like getting back to basics for this month just might be to decide if I'm worth it. All the struggles and time spent on this matter of weight and health and then I trip over my own feet, and don't even try to break the fall.
    I feel sad and discouraged tonite, so I won't dwell...and I will get up tomorrow and forge on...if I didn't believe I was worth it, I wouldn't keep on doing that. I will get this, but I really do feel down in the dumps at this moment.
    As I wrote that I was thinking "oh that is not very inspirational," but it is real. Trying to be authentic rather than to seem perfect is not something that is easy for me.
  • bjoates52
    bjoates52 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ketogenic Plan: Start Weight: 206; Goal: 150

8/11 Logged MFP: Yes
    8 Cups + Water: Yes
    8% Net Carb Goal <25g: 22
    64% Fat Goal <93g: 88
    28% Protein Goal <91g: 65
    Cholesterol <300: 426
    Ketones: 15-Small
    Garmin Goal Steps >7,503: 9,376
    Booze: No
  • jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Aug 11:
    -0.1/-#22.5
    Carbs 21%
    Sugar 8g
  • oldschool8100
    oldschool8100 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    DATE: 12.08.16

SW 94 kg
    GW 80 kg
    Logged: :+1:
    Water: :+1:
    Calorie Goal: over (Just)
    Carb Goal: :0ver
    Exercise: :+1: 4 km run..
    No Grog :2 standard drinks.

that's my splurge night with the girlfriend over and done with. now another 6 days of hitting the goals.. :smiley:
  • jmd543
    Options
    Aug 12:
    +0.4/-22.1#
    Carbs 27%
    Sugar 12g
  • seussbaby
    seussbaby Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    seussbaby wrote: »
    sw 213
    cw 207
    this is week one for me, but started trying to figure out modified ketogenic on friday, and have lost 6lbs of myself in that time.
    this week's goal is to log daily, and connect with those doing modified keto..
    i'm a bit in the dark!
    seussbaby wrote: »
    hmm
    Tue 8/9:
    Logged: :smile:
    Water: :smile:
    Exercise: 27 mins errand walking :smile:

Sat 8/13
    uggh. not sure what I'm doing! having difficulty with macros meeting required calorie intake for keto... plus not really hungry!!
    Logged: :smile:
    Water: :smile:
    ... continuing on. weigh day in the morning.. scared!!
  • jmd543
    Options
    Aug 13:
    -0.4/-#22.5
    Carbs 20%
    Sugar 6g
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I realized today that I am probably not doing as well as I thought with my tracking because I hadn't been measuring my food. So I may have been going over carbs all this time. No wonder I'm not losing.

I measure, using spoons and cups, but do not weigh. I've not found that it's necessary as of yet.
  • kfat1
    kfat1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    All goals met this week, except way too low on calories, no appetite!!!! Ugh! Feel awful.
  • bjoates52
    bjoates52 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ketogenic Plan: Start Weight: 206; Goal: 150

8/14 Logged MFP: YES
    8 Cups + Water: YES
    8% Net Carb Goal <25g: 29
    64% Fat Goal <93g: 90
    28% Protein Goal <91g: 72
    Cholesterol <300: 259
    Ketones: 15 Small
    Garmin Goal Steps >8,143: 3,144
    Booze: NO
  • jmd543
    Options
    August 8-14th: I lost 1.6 of the 2.5# I gained the first of the week, experimented a bit with food timing and kelp noodles, and transitioned from coffee to green tea to save a few more dollars for pastured bacon.

Aug 14:
    -0.5/-23#
    Carbs 13%
    Sugar 4g
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Exercise 4 days a week :)
    Carbs below 50 (I usually go below 30 but I'm having some weird hormone fluctuations so I might experiment with a bit higher here and there) :)
    Try to get up a little earlier... :/ Some days were a tiny bit earlier but not enough.
    Take supplements! I keep forgetting them! Total fail... :(

I lost .4 pounds which was nice. I've been maintaining for over a month and while I wouldn't mind losing around 5 or so more pounds I'm ok with where I'm at. Just taking it easy and seeing where my body wants to settle.