What have you made in your pressure cooker?

Options
1235»

Replies

• madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Homemade chicken soup today.
  • madwells1
    Options
    Sometimes a girl needs a rest!! I needed something light to flush all the homemade bread I've been making out of my system!!!
  • madwells1
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I am addicted to Trader Joes Green Dragon sauce and replicated it quite amazingly in the Instant Pot.

Ingredients

Throw all these ingredients (with the exception
    of the juice of 1 of the limes) into the instant pot.
    • 6 jalapenos (I kept 2 with seeds as I like things spicy but omit if you don't)
    • 4 tomatillos
    • 2 cloves garlic
    • bunch of cilantro
    • juice of 1 limes (add 1 to the instantpot, save 1 for after its cooked)
    • handful of spinach
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 1 to 2 tbsp sugar (I used coconut sugar)
    • 2 tsp white vinegar
    • Fill 1/2 to 3/4 the way up to the ingredients with water (less makes it thicker)

Instapot for 5 minutes and quick release. Use blender or hand puree stick until smooth.
    • Add 1 tbsp oil (I used avocado oil but you can use vegetable or olive oil)
    • Add juice of 1 lime
    • Adjust to taste by adding more sugar, salt or lime juice

To thicken it (if wanted), SPRINKLE a very small amount of xanthum gum into the sauce while stirring.

DO NOT use more than a sprinkle at a time as this stuff is gummy. You shouldn't need more than 1/8 tsp sprinkled
    in.

This xanthum gum gives the suace the viscous quality that trader joe sauce has, but isn't really necessary. You could also thicken it by using arrowroot or cornstarch, but I have never tried these.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    madwells1 wrote: »
    dklibert wrote: »
    I have not tried meatloaf. Do you mind sharing a recipe or how you do it?

I will share, but you may have to adapt a few things as I am very much a 'wing it' kind of cook!! Plus, I am paleo, so I don't add grains or sugar. I have put asterisks and alternatives below for non-paleo people.

Meatloaf mixture

1 lb GF ground beef
    1 lb GF ground pork
    2.5 oz chopped onion
    3 cups chopped fresh spinach
    3 cloves chopped garlic
    3 eggs
    1 TBSP tomato paste
    *1/4 cup tapioca flour or almond flour* (use panko if you are non-paleo, about .5 cup)
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 TBSP worschestersire sauce
    1 TBSP stone ground mustard
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper

Sauce (this is random and to my taste--experiment away here!) Taste as you make it!

In a small bowl combine:

Sugar free tomato sauce (small can)
    1/2 cup Sugar free bbq sauce
    squirt of sriracha
    salt
    pepper
    onion powder
    garlic powder

Directions

Put trivet in instant pot
    Pour 2 cups water (or broth) into bottom of pot

For the meatloaf mixture, mix all ingredients with hands until everything is incorporated.

In a steamer tray that fits inside the instant pot, line with tinfoil. You can poke random holes in
    the tinfoil if you want the juices to drain but I don't as I think they help the flavor and can be
    drained later from the tinfoil.

Form meatloaf mixture into tight shape and put into tinfoiled steamer tray.

Cover the meatloaf mixture with some sauce (leave some extra for later if you want to broil the top afterwards or if you want to serve it on the side). Place steamer with sauced meatloaf onto trivet.

Use the meat setting on instant pot (35 minutes). Quick release. Once done, check that internal is 160.

Remove, cover with remaining sauce and put under broiler for a few minutes to caramelize. Serve with any remaining sauce.

Note that I cut mine too early (should have let it rest a bit) so it fell apart (probably because I used tapioca flour as my binder) but I was SOO hungry that this is the best picture that you will get as I had to get some in my tummy! Also note that I drained all the seaping juices from the plate to make it look slightly better--definitely wasn't dry.

3hvi9gia4zij.jpg

This is great BUT some things should not be made in this. Meatloaf is one. You can bake one and have the proper crust etc. which instant pot wont do.
    http://www.getforq.com/meatloafrecipes-polpettone/
    :( Don't be haters!!!

try this next.
    http://www.getforq.com/meatloafrecipes-polpettone/
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Lynzdee18 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    dklibert wrote: »
    I have not tried meatloaf. Do you mind sharing a recipe or how you do it?

I will share, but you may have to adapt a few things as I am very much a 'wing it' kind of cook!! Plus, I am paleo, so I don't add grains or sugar. I have put asterisks and alternatives below for non-paleo people.

Meatloaf mixture

1 lb GF ground beef
    1 lb GF ground pork
    2.5 oz chopped onion
    3 cups chopped fresh spinach
    3 cloves chopped garlic
    3 eggs
    1 TBSP tomato paste
    *1/4 cup tapioca flour or almond flour* (use panko if you are non-paleo, about .5 cup)
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 TBSP worschestersire sauce
    1 TBSP stone ground mustard
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper

Sauce (this is random and to my taste--experiment away here!) Taste as you make it!

In a small bowl combine:

Sugar free tomato sauce (small can)
    1/2 cup Sugar free bbq sauce
    squirt of sriracha
    salt
    pepper
    onion powder
    garlic powder

Directions

Put trivet in instant pot
    Pour 2 cups water (or broth) into bottom of pot

For the meatloaf mixture, mix all ingredients with hands until everything is incorporated.

In a steamer tray that fits inside the instant pot, line with tinfoil. You can poke random holes in
    the tinfoil if you want the juices to drain but I don't as I think they help the flavor and can be
    drained later from the tinfoil.

Form meatloaf mixture into tight shape and put into tinfoiled steamer tray.

Cover the meatloaf mixture with some sauce (leave some extra for later if you want to broil the top afterwards or if you want to serve it on the side). Place steamer with sauced meatloaf onto trivet.

Use the meat setting on instant pot (35 minutes). Quick release. Once done, check that internal is 160.

Remove, cover with remaining sauce and put under broiler for a few minutes to caramelize. Serve with any remaining sauce.

Note that I cut mine too early (should have let it rest a bit) so it fell apart (probably because I used tapioca flour as my binder) but I was SOO hungry that this is the best picture that you will get as I had to get some in my tummy! Also note that I drained all the seaping juices from the plate to make it look slightly better--definitely wasn't dry.

3hvi9gia4zij.jpg

This is great BUT some things should not be made in this. Meatloaf is one. You can bake one and have the proper crust etc. which instant pot wont do.

I'm with you. Not sure why people have to use the IP for everything.

Made this yesterday

https://www.adventuresofanurse.com/2016/12/29/paneras-copycat-broccoli-cheddar-instant-pot-soup/

It's tasty. Not sure why I end up having some weird texture issue with it though, like cheese or milk curdling during the last part?

If you use evaporated milk, I use fat free, you don’t get curdling.....

I am living my Instant Pot because it allows long cooking foods to be finished quickly and with less loss of nutrients.

Each to their own though......

i'm with you. my favorite sushi is jerk pork. don't ask.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping someone will have an answer. I make cold start yogurt weekly with great success. I am wondering if anyone has tried the instant pot cottage cheese and if there is a cold start option for it as well. I eat cottage cheese daily and would prefer homemade.
  • madwells1
    Options
    I tried cottage cheese and it was an epic failure. I tried it with rennet and a mesophilic culture and I ended up with nothing close to cottage cheese....

I haven't tried just vinegar though. After my first failure I gave up and started buying it:)